• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rumored Go Slow on F3 - 1/7/08

Alicia

A guy at work has heard from a few separate sources that trucks traveling south on the F3 towards the city will go no faster than 50kms/hr on Tuesday 1st July from 5am onwards.

They are going to the city to protest over fuel prices. 

He seems to think it's pretty legit and has told our boss so and looks like we're being given the day off.  Any one else traveling this direction may want to do the same......just in case.

Bex

That makes a lot of sense.

Lets:
- disadvantage a lot of commuters on the F3 (who, incidentally, are also suffering from the fuel price hikes), and;
- make everyone use more fuel

So that the guys on the 30th floor of their office building in the city:
- who drive from the Eastern Suburbs to work and
- who get free fuel for their company owned Mercedes and
- who do what the oil barrons in the US tell them to do
will really get a strong message about how upset we are via the massive inconvenience we cause them. NOT

Those truckies really aren't the sharpest tools in the shed are they.

adz

Staff member
Bex said:

nope they either drive like maniacs on the f3, speeding, swerving in and out of lanes, "racing" up hills (lol) and now this

nice one truckies

:thumbup:

Atomic

I was thinking about starting my own "go-slow" campaign to add moral support for the truckies in their endeavours. I just hope my work colleagues can notice the difference! (Floss... insert smart arse comment here ---->........)

~Floss~

Atomic said:
I was thinking about starting my own "go-slow" campaign to add moral support for the truckies in their endeavours. I just hope my work colleagues can notice the difference! (Floss... insert smart arse comment here ---->........)

so you're gonna actually move backwards now?

CCM-JAM80

My understanding is it will start from 6.30am, not 5.00am. The truckies will be starting from Wyong and heading down the F3.

Source: 2GB - Alan Jones breakfast program

Cheers,

~Floss~

adz said:
Bex said:

nope they either drive like maniacs on the f3, speeding, swerving in and out of lanes, "racing" up hills (lol) and now this

nice one truckies

:thumbup:

Yep, I've seen truckies do some stupid stuff at busy times on the F3.

But the same can definitely be said about drivers (or riders) of any kind of vehicle.

If you've ever been on the road when it's basically only trucks driving (eg. long stretches of higway between 12 & 5 AM), they're actually very consistent and courteous drivers without cars darting all around them and breaking their momentum. Driving a long trip is a breeze at these times compared to the normal mix of traffic.

So maybe if the "go slow" was to alert commuters to how frustrating it is for a trucky to drive among cars, I could see their point. But i don't see how disadvantaging and frustrating commuters could improve fuel prices.

???

FFC Mariner

Its ok truckies, no need to bother.

The changed lane structure through the road works that reflect the work completed is a complete f**k up all round.

dibo

there have been similar rallies in the uk amongst other places, but oil companies aren't going to change their pricing based on a group of grumpy truckies.

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
Just the Parrott trying to embarrass the Govt to suit his own fascist agenda

parrot's losing his listeners according to the last ratings surveys, and he's already lost his prime minister. things are slowly moving south for the failed liberal candidate for earlwood.

Atomic

dibo said:
there have been similar rallies in the uk amongst other places, but oil companies aren't going to change their pricing based on a group of grumpy truckies.

The truckies are trying to give the Sheiks the shakes!

clarence

Catch the train if you can!

Will the truckies take up all 3 (or 2) lanes, or will they peacefully take up just the inside lane at 50km/h?

adz

Staff member
clarence said:
Catch the train if you can!

Will the truckies take up all 3 (or 2) lanes, or will they peacefully take up just the inside lane at 50km/h?

I imagine they will take up the whole road...

anyone running a book on how many nose to tail accidents there will be? over/under 4.5? ;)

Bladesman

Hopefully our friendly revenue raisiers won't miss the opportunity and will be out in force to book them for driving too slowly and obstructing other drivers.

Alicia

Either way I'm avoiding the freeway tomorrow morning..  It may or may not happen.  If it does it might not be a massive deal, who knows.  I'm not taking the chance though.

My boss is trying to find work for me to take home so I don't have to use an annual leave or sick day. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred