• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Roy Keane and management 101

FFC Mariner

From an interview upon his being appointed manager of CCC side Ipswich (source: Sporting Life)

Keane, though, added: "I am convinced the players will enjoy working with me. I have simple demands - be on time for training and give 100%, then you will be fine.

"If they do not, it will be a very brief relationship.

"I have no problem people making mistakes, as long as they keep going day in, day out."

Applicable for any manager in any field really

dibo

fair enough. someone can be a great player, but if they're pissing about, no good. equally, they may not be a world beater but if you know what you're going to get at worst and you know you'll get it all the time and that's good enough, fine.

honest, consistent plodders have their place. for every gerrard there's a carragher, for every beckham there's a neville.

but even on their worst day, they've got to be up to the standard. there'd be no point hiring me for a CCC side - i'll be on time and i'll bust my arse but frankly i'd be better suited to driving the bus.

dibo

i'm f**king useless with my head at corners (odd, for someone who stands at 6' tall...). i'd rather have most midget and dwarves. i'm not paid to play though. ;)

tuftman

dibo said:
i'm f**king useless with my head at corners (odd, for someone who stands at 6' tall...). i'd rather have most midget and dwarves. i'm not paid to play though. ;)

Playing football at school with mates, height seems to help very little I stand about 6ft4 and was useless in the air...made a decent 'keeper though

Would be nice to see Keane back in the EPL, I wouldn't mind seeing him as Blackburn manager one day either

bulldogmariner

Good to see Keane in at Ipswich. Surely this team will be fighting for the playoffs next season whilst Norwich are in league 1.

W

Wilson

dibo said:
fair enough. someone can be a great player, but if they're pissing about, no good. equally, they may not be a world beater but if you know what you're going to get at worst and you know you'll get it all the time and that's good enough, fine.

honest, consistent plodders have their place. for every gerrard there's a carragher, for every beckham there's a neville.

but even on their worst day, they've got to be up to the standard. there'd be no point hiring me for a CCC side - i'll be on time and i'll bust my arse but frankly i'd be better suited to driving the bus.

You could be the "coach captain" as apposed to a captain coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred