• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Eight Local Thread

Kareem

2 games over 3 days is a common solution for Saturday fixtures...(i.e. 10-16s, + o35s)
but what about Sunday fixtures (ie. Womens + MAA + Grade)?
How are they going to be made up?

Atomic

Ted said:
I have heard they will try and fit in make up games on the long weekend with some teams playing 2 games over the 3 days.

Woy Woy 35's are playing Saturday and Monday. No looking forward to getting out of bed on Tuesday morning  :-\

Ted

Kareem said:
2 games over 3 days is a common solution for Saturday fixtures...(i.e. 10-16s, + o35s)
but what about Sunday fixtures (ie. Womens + MAA + Grade)?
How are they going to be made up?

I don't think there are any MAA games on Sunday 7th anyway, so slotting one in wouldn't be an issue. My 35C and 13B both have normal round 8 games on Saturday so playing a make up on Monday would be ok. At least this this way the comp gets some normality to it making it easier to slot in Div1, WAA etc games if needs be at a later date.

Ted

Atomic said:
Ted said:
I have heard they will try and fit in make up games on the long weekend with some teams playing 2 games over the 3 days.

Woy Woy 35's are playing Saturday and Monday. No looking forward to getting out of bed on Tuesday morning  :-\

Yeah this will happen to my teams as well. Luckily I am already missing indoor on Monday....

trev

WASHOUTS.
a) General
As previously advised we are now at the point where we have no more room, either in time or in ground
availability, to have make up games for multiple washouts. The odd one yes but not for a large number. We
have very few nights and even fewer night grounds available to play Sunday make ups. As well as we are
now into August getting washed out Saturday games made up on Sundays.
Notwithstanding what we have done below or in the past the following policy will now be implemented for
all competitions except Premier League 1st Grade and Division One 1st Grades and, to a degree, WPL.
1) If no games or less than 60% of the games in a Grade and Division are played then all games in that
Grade and Division, including those actually played, will be treated as washouts.
2) Where more than 60% or more of games are played in a Grade and Division the overall situation
will be assessed on a day to day basis. This would mean we would never have more than one or
two games to consider in each Grade and Division. This also does not mean that all will be made up
in this circumstance. If it decided we will not or cannot for some reason make up these games an
overall washout procedure will be implemented as in (1) above.
3) In view of the Promotion/Relegation factor Premier League 1st Grade and Division One 1st Grade
games will be given priority on wet days and also will have make up games played when possible.
4) In regard to Womens games WPL will be given priority in respect to games on a particular day as
well as in respect to make-ups when possible.
b) Washouts Prior to this weekend.
These have been factored into draws.
c) Washouts Saturday 30th.
We were fortunate that we have the long weekend coming up next week and have been able to schedule a
majority of the make-up games necessary for Saturday 30th washouts. However such make-up games are
only in respect to Grades and Divisions where one or some games were played. Games in Grades and
Divisions where no games were played will be treated as washouts in terms of Regulations, (ie a 0-0 draw
and one point across the board, except for teams who had a bye who will not receive a point). These
Grades and Divisions are G11C, G12C, G15B, G16C, G35BN, G35DN AND G45.
It was mammoth and complex task fitting the extra games into next weekend as we are, by decree of both
GCC and WSC, forbidden to use a ground on more than 2 of the 3 days. Clubs are to ensure that games are
played exactly as scheduled on the grounds scheduled. Arguments about home games and balance of
home and away will not be tolerated nor get a hearing. Clubs are not to approach other clubs trying to
switch venues or times. This would be in contravention of the Regulations and carries very severe
penalties. The only arguments which will be heard is if there is a clash of times in the draw.. If a club or a
team does not like the draw they have one option and that is to forfeit. Whilst the weather forecast is not
good all we can do is pray for dry grounds next weekend. If we aree washed out again most games will not
be able to be replayed.
d) Washouts Sunday 31st.
Division One 1st and Reserve grade games will be played 16th August. Washouts from 24h May
previously scheduled for that date will now be played next Monday 8th June. This change was
necessary to fit in with ground availability. Premier League 1st and Reserve grade games will be
also be played next Monday 8th June as will WPL games. Will mean double headers but all will be
in same boat.
All games in all other Grades and Divisions will be treated as washouts in terms of Regulations.
Please do not come to us with sob stories as to why a particular Grade and Division needs to be
played.
e) Draw for next weekend
Revised draw for next weekend will issue either late tonight or tomorrow. Grading committee is
currently assessing the G10 situation and as soon as that is resolved the new G10 games can be
incorporated into the draw and it can be issued. In regard to the regrade of G10 the decision of
the Grading Committee shall be final.
f) Pointscores
In addition to playing around with G10 regrades and washouts the pointscore software has to be
updated with the new teams in each G10 Division. Therefore no pointscore will issue this week.
With so few games played and so many washouts it would in reality mean very little if anything.
g) Saturday and Sunday draws for balance of season after next weekend.
All being well and no more dramas with the weather these should be out to you by next weekend
Swampy and Kevin

Thats on Budgie site OMG i want to punch some1

Ted

We (KDSC AA6) really needed to play both our wash out games to have any chance of climbing the ladder. Guess that's us pretty much done and dusted now with half the season gone.

trev

yeah, we are currently 4th 3 points of first we also need our games to try get top of the ladder but i dnt think its going to happen now >.<

Kareem

maybe this is one of those seasons where I will endorse the final series- obviously the washout will help some and not others...finals may actually find a fair winner?

Wombat

Kariong 35 B.............lost to Terrigal (Barnstenworth) 2.1.

Game of two halfs.  We were 2.0 down after 20 mins....second one from a soft penalty. We were playing rubbish. 2.0 down at half time.
Second half we were the better side but only clawed back one goal to lose 2.1.

Big wake up call this game and this season the division is much tougher than last year.

skilbeck

trev said:
yeah, we are currently 4th 3 points of first we also need our games to try get top of the ladder but i dnt think its going to happen now >.<
dont worry youll be 6 points off the lead when we're finished with ya :p

ryan

skilbeck said:
trev said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that

Ben

ryan said:
skilbeck said:
trev said:

they have organised the washout games for this weekend and we (AA6) don't play at all. This is to long without football

skilbeck

Aceventura19 said:
ryan said:
skilbeck said:
trev said:

they have organised the washout games for this weekend and we (AA6) don't play at all. This is to long without football

that is severely f**ked

Ted

Guys if you played a game when 60% of your draw was a wash out. Expect those games to be scrapped.

skilbeck

Ted said:
Guys if you played a game when 60% of your draw was a wash out. Expect those games to be scrapped.

are there any other rounds in AA6 apart from the last 2 games where 60% were washed out?

Ted

skilbeck said:
Ted said:
are there any other rounds in AA6 apart from the last 2 games where 60% were washed out?

I think it's just the last 2 rounds mate.

WELL INFORMED

As far as I know MAA6 games that were washed out on 24/5 will be replayed on 30/8 as such:
Sunday 30-Aug BUD1 900 MAA 6 BUD DOY
Sunday 30-Aug OUR1 900 MAA 6 OUR KIN
Sunday 30-Aug TER1 900 MAA 6 TER2 KDS
Sunday 30-Aug WOY1 900 MAA 6 WOY KAN

All games form last Sunday bar Prem League and Div 1 have been declared washouts ( 1 point each and no points if you had a bye)

Ted

WELL INFORMED said:
As far as I know MAA6 games that were washed out on 24/5 will be replayed on 30/8 as such:
Sunday 30-Aug BUD1 900 MAA 6 BUD DOY
Sunday 30-Aug OUR1 900 MAA 6 OUR KIN
Sunday 30-Aug TER1 900 MAA 6 TER2 KDS
Sunday 30-Aug WOY1 900 MAA 6 WOY KAN

All games form last Sunday bar Prem League and Div 1 have been declared washouts ( 1 point each and no points if you had a bye)

Thanks for the heads up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred