• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 v Western United (A)

Big Al

shame tbh.
Never recovered properly in my mind. His running style didn’t look great for us last year. I think he came back to early as everyone does when the season is on now and you are needed and want to be out there and are technically considered ok but I think you need longer to fully recover trust on the legs at that elite level

onto it

Well, we're back down in Victoria for Western away after losing there convincingly not that many weeks ago. This losing streak really needs to be broken and we can only do that by finally putting a football in a net at either end of a pitch.
Preferably the other end. Can someone spread the word to the team?

onto it

uhhhhhh

Birras
Miller Ruon Ziggy Clisby
Kim Stens
DDS Nizzy Mac
Harold

Subs - pearce, fox (if available), djuric, oar, ALOU KUOL (give the man some minutes, please).

I think Western have the worst playing style in the league, but it generates results. We need to turn our chances into goals if we're going to even dream of winning this one.
Not bad

turbo

I think you said that last week too.
Thanks to Perf this is a must win.
If we can get a win the race for the spoon could get interesting. No matter what we’ll still be 11th tomorrow night but WU, Jets, Victory and us would all be in the picture.

edit: shit victory just stole the win. Puts us another step back.

Last edited:

Big Al

If we can get a win the race for the spoon could get interesting. No matter what we’ll still be 11th tomorrow night but WU, Jets, Victory and us would all be in the picture.

edit: shit victory just stole the win. Puts us another step back.
We always loose when everyone else around us wins

Spoon time

pjennings

uhhhhhh

Birras
Miller Ruon Ziggy Clisby
Kim Stens
DDS Nizzy Mac
Harold

Subs - pearce, fox (if available), djuric, oar, ALOU KUOL (give the man some minutes, please).

I think Western have the worst playing style in the league, but it generates results. We need to turn our chances into goals if we're going to even dream of winning this one.

DDS now out

midfielder

The Jerks & Drive By wins today could leave a gap to hard to recover from in our current position.

Of all coaches Ruden, has replaced Muskie as the coach I dislike the most.. would love to get one over them... still remember his comments about Monty when he was with Fox...

pjennings

The Jerks & Drive By wins today could leave a gap to hard to recover from in our current position.

Of all coaches Ruden, has replaced Muskie as the coach I dislike the most.. would love to get one over them... still remember his comments about Monty when he was with Fox...

Yep - and the Victory win. This is a must win if we want to avoid the spoon

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Am I the only person really, really, really not looking forward to this? I think I'm traumatised from the last one.
Our defence has to be on point. If they are, and a few things fall into place then we may find 2 goals to score.
As long as we don't choke.
Need big, big games from Kim and Ziggy. Clisby has been doing well, he needs to keep this up.
I wonder if Simon will start.

Reactions: Ads

turbo

Looking at our remaining games including today I’m struggling to see is getting more than 10 more points out of them which would take us to 23 points. Even that might be optimistic. At which point we are relying on victory not winning 1 more or the jets picking up 5 points or less.

Today is a must win if we want any chance of dodging a spoon. Even then I’m not sure it will be enough.

Reactions: Ads

turbo

Am I the only person really, really, really not looking forward to this? I think I'm traumatised from the last one
Have you watched WU lately? They have the odd counter which we need to watch for but it’s dire football. We will spend a fair bit of time in their half and need to take our chances. It could suit Duric at least as a sub to hit some of his rockets from earlier in the season.

Ironbark

We *can* win this game. Especially if we play the way we have the last two weeks.

Since it's a must win game however we will almost certainly lose.

jacobsfl

Have you watched WU lately? They have the odd counter which we need to watch for but it’s dire football. We will spend a fair bit of time in their half and need to take our chances. It could suit Duric at least as a sub to hit some of his rockets from earlier in the season.
They were sh*t when they beat us. I'm not scared if Kuol is coming off the bench. He's scoring today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred