• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 - WSW v CCM @ Spotless

Timmah

Radio: Coast FM 96.3 A-Team Football, ABC Grandstand

Referee: Chris Beath
Assistant Referees: Owen Goldrick & Greg Taylor
Fourth Official: Adrian Arndt; VAR: Nick Waldron

WSW-A.png

WSW: 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Josh RISDON, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 6.Jacob MELLING, 7.Steven LUSTICA, 8.Roly BONEVACIA, 9.Oriol RIERA, 10.Àlvaro CEJUDO, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 14.Jumpei KUSUKAMI, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Robert CORNTHWAITE, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (gk), 24.Raúl LLORENTE, 25.Chris HERD, 30.John HALL, 33.Michael THWAITE

IN
: 4.Josh RISDON (returns from international duty), 6.Jacob MELLING (promoted)
OUT: Nil; N/A: 1.Jerrad TYSON (shoulder – indefinite)

CCM-B.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 23.Wout BRAMA

IN
: 2.Storm ROUX (return from injury), 7.Andrew HOOLE (return from suspension)
OUT: nil; N/A: 21.Kye ROWLES (knee – 1 week)

--------------------------
Fixture History v Western Sydney Wanderers (Hyundai A-League)
Matches 17 / Wanderers 7 / Drawn 5 / Mariners 5
Goals Scored 14 / Goals Conceded 20

Biggest Wins:
Mariners 2 Wanderers 0, twice
at Allianz Stadium, 2012/13 Grand Final
at Spotless Stadium, 2016/17 Round 19

Biggest Loss:
Wanderers 4 Mariners 1
at Pirtek Stadium, 2015/16 Round 26
and at Central Coast Stadium, 2016/17 Round 9

CCM at Spotless

Played 2 / Won 1 / Drawn 1 / Lost 0

Last Meeting:
2016/17 Round 19, Spotless Stadium
Mariners 2 Wanderers 0

Form (A-League)

CCM - L
WSW - W​

Last edited:

Wombat

I spoke to 2 very different TODAY people that went to the Mariners on Sat.

One was a mum who went with her hubby and 7yo kid. First game for them in 5 years and she told me she will never go back again. The win is so important to part time supporters. 5.1 she obviously thinks we are jokes.

2nd person is a rusted on Mariners fan who doesn't miss a game. He told me he was going down to the drive by game this weekend but after that shite at CCS he is not going.

Both alarming but real wake up calls for Pikey and Paul.

Gratis

I would imagine complacency isn't an issue right now

It's a real shame that a result like that will impact negatively on a number of people in terms of their engagement, though

Big Al

The defence was woeful however we have been chopping and changing so much over the last couple of years.

I want to see consistency and allow the boys to develop game day chemistry.

That said Roux if fit is our starting RB so should come back in.

They were doing alright in the preseason so a couple more games before we swap out Golec and Rose imo

scottmac

Suspended
The defence was woeful however we have been chopping and changing so much over the last couple of years.

I want to see consistency and allow the boys to develop game day chemistry.

That said Roux if fit is our starting RB so should come back in.

They were doing alright in the preseason so a couple more games before we swap out Golec and Rose imo
Agree. Changes not required just yet. I think the occasion got to the guys. Our boys really were not ready for the jets physical side of the derby. This could be the best thing to happen in regards to coming to a new league. Our guys now know that the standard is fairly high and the intensity is higher. An off game results in slaughter. Id expect them to come out f**king fired up for the away game this week and put on a v good show.

localpom

Agree. Changes not required just yet. I think the occasion got to the guys. Our boys really were not ready for the jets physical side of the derby. This could be the best thing to happen in regards to coming to a new league. Our guys now know that the standard is fairly high and the intensity is higher. An off game results in slaughter. Id expect them to come out f**king fired up for the away game this week and put on a v good show.
I think Storm for McGing and Hooley for Kwabiah next week. I am not convinced by Golec but another week will see how he responds.

Timmah

The front two thirds weren't a huge issue for me, I'd probably have Hoole starting. Roux comes in and McGing out for mine, up front Pain benched?

--------------- Glover ----------------
- Roux - Baro - Golec - JRose -
-------- Brama ----- Hiariej --------
--- Hoole - De Silva - Appiah ---
------------- Asdrubal ---------------
Subs: BK, Pain, LRose, Buhagiar, Berry

My lefts and rights are hopeless so if I've got anyone on the wrong side my apologies but you get the gist

localpom

The front two thirds weren't a huge issue for me, I'd probably have Hoole starting. Roux comes in and McGing out for mine, up front Pain benched?

My lefts and rights are hopeless so if I've got anyone on the wrong side my apologies but you get the gist
That's about it.......i would have Pain in for Kwabs, and Rowles on the bench in place of Berry so we have a bit more defensive cover.

Timmah

Ah Rowles, forgot about him. Yep put him in ahead of Berry... hell, start the kid and bench or drop Golec.

Big Al

Give Pain another week.

We went down the right pretty much the entire 1st half. Got more opportunities in the 2nd and found Bingham a couple of times and was it him that Asdrubal almost got the tap in from (can't remember who put that across goal)?

scottmac

Suspended
Ah Rowles, forgot about him. Yep put him in ahead of Berry... hell, start the kid and bench or drop Golec.
I think if we see Golec flat footed again while a striker scores uncontested then that's exactly what will happen. He really had a poor game only outdone on the shit department by McGing.
Okon likes him though so id say he will go to the bench over Rowles and Berry. We really should have 7 man benches by now.

Timmah

I think if we see Golec flat footed again while a striker scores uncontested then that's exactly what will happen. He really had a poor game only outdone on the shit department by McGing.
Okon likes him though so id say he will go to the bench over Rowles and Berry. We really should have 7 man benches by now.
It always blows my mind when the teamsheets come out for internationals and the bench is as long as the starting side.

Tevor

I think people are being harsh on Pain and agree with Big Al, in the second half I had a good view of him and he was waving his arms to get attention all second half but mostly ignored or when they did switch it was slow and gave Grorgevski time to get on him. Overall I thought we didn't play enough balls wide against the Jets trying more up the middle probably because we have DDS now.

Someone picked it last week the Drive By's would be pumped for round 1 with Popa leaving. They seem to be more dangerous in attack than the last few years but I thought Perth had some real genuine opportunities and could have got a draw but only one Irish Striker had a good round 1. Will be a tough game and a good test to see how our boys bounce back. There is no doubt that if our defence doesn't get more organised we will leak another 3 or 4 this game so they need 100% improvement this game.

nebakke

The thing with Pain is that I feel like he wasn't reading the game well. Half the time he was standing there flapping his arms to get the ball - he was to close to his defender to get it.
Backing yourself is good but almost every cross to him was intercepted because he was busier moving before flapping than he was doing both.

And i like Pain normally.

Big Al

WSW gave up some good chances in the 2nd half and almost blew that 2-0 lead which was from 2 beautiful goals but that was a 5min spell.

Our defence needs a lot of work because the blue print has been set. Go up Rose side then cross field ball into the wide open space where a RB would be if you weren't playing the Mariners

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred