• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 Methcarthur away

true believer

I don't think anybody has mentioned it....but that 75th minute save from Biraz.....holy f**k.
I mean, he's going the other way, he's already committed, ball is blasting into the other side of the net and goes into bullet-time and says 'nah, not today champ'.
world class . i reckon i was about the time i started channeling gandalf against the balrock . ellos no entrarán

onto it

It tracks with the rest of the team. Tongyik, Rowles, Stensness, Nisbet, Clisby, DDS all look to be in a better place this season. Obviously been a lot of work behind the scenes on that and doesn’t seem to affected by Ziggy departing.
Yes. They are all a lot fitter after a tough pre-season.

true believer

A league team of the week .weak as piss . bozza tears everywhere

Eq3Or1LVgAEmUPV

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm surprised you didn't also mention that last minute block by Stens. Even Bozza called it Birrazesque.
Was that the one where he sprinted back and slid? Yeah, I forgot who did it, but when I was talking about fighting to the end, that's what I had in mind - and great to see he had the fitness and spirit to do it too.

anyway, yeah, the TOTW is based off stats using some system somewhere.

People like to think stats are perfect when it comes to sport.

Insertnamehere

Was that the one where he sprinted back and slid? Yeah, I forgot who did it, but when I was talking about fighting to the end, that's what I had in mind - and great to see he had the fitness and spirit to do it too.

Agreed. Don't see how Roara back 4 were the best 4 of the weekend. Would like to know where you see the player ratings for the week.

bikinigirl

. that's because stats are objective so not influenced by opinion and 'subjective' measures. stats should be near-perfect ... but what is being measured may be completely useless with context

. however impact on games requires subjective assessment ... but it is difficult to measure on a comparable scale and that assessment is open to bias - so flawed logic supports the use of stats

. i actually don't mind winning and not having players in the team of the week. it means we don't have standout players that we rely on ... it is getting back to our roots - no marquees, but a team that plays as a team

bikinigirl

... and last year it probably would have cannoned into the post, rebounded off Ruon, Birraz would have made a diving save only to palm it into Kye's head for an own goal

..... then on video review Stens would have received a red card for sliding and the attacker falling over him. Matty is still blowing up on the restart, half the team is too late in realising we are a player down and they score a late second

. shows how things have changed :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami