• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 Methcarthur away

Forum Phoenix

Very happy with that half of football. Could have had a couple more. Shame Kuol couldn’t get a bit more on it. Same goes for Matty’s first strike.

Second half legs for a bunch of key players now is my fear. Staj has got a lot right so far. But these subs are going to be tough ones to make. As a coach you wouldn’t want to make any changes the way things are. Very interested to see what he does.

tough test coming with Rose and Benat going to be coming on they’re going to go at us.

Last edited:

Michael

hate to make comparisons to Messi but you can't underrate a player because they're short. Hes got serious tekkas. Just needs to learn to shoot and dribble at players with the jets on.

you see it constantly, blokes think they can out muscle him to keep the ball and he mugs them off every time

Great half anyway, the mental steel is there and nothing horrific. The defensive block is very effective. Matty ruined a few counters but that’s to be expected. Kuol will probably come off now going of what staj said, I’d say for smylie or casella and that’s a bad thing for the bulls CB’s.
Definitey not over, but we’re well in this.

Pirate Pete

Very happy with that half of football. Could have had a couple more. Shame Kuol couldn’t get a bit more on it. Same goes for Marty’s first strike.

Second half legs for a bunch of key players now is my fear. Staj has got a lot right so far. But these subs are going to be tough ones to make. As a coach you wouldn’t want to make any changes the way things are. Very interested to see what he does.

tough test coming with Rose and Benant going to be coming on they’re going to go at us.
yeah the subs will be crucial.
I thought we lost our way for a good five minutes after the first subs came on the other night.

MrCelery

The structure has been great so far. As Bozza noted, two blocks of four are blocking most options. Obviously, they think Clisby is a weakness though. Lovely goal, Credit to Nigro, Nesbet and DDS for it. Tongyik very solid. Now we need to kill it off.

Forum Phoenix

yeah the subs will be crucial.
I thought we lost our way for a good five minutes after the first subs came on the other night.
Yeah I thought so too. We recovered and rode it out and then DDS Miller and Smylie all helped. But it definitely unsettled us for a few minutes as we adjusted.

Ads

Much better structure to play the better teams.
Wait for opportunities and hold our lines.

Still a few instances we should have not booted it and kept possession but on the other hand it’s still early days and need to keep building the confidence.

But we still look more confident playing it out and seem to mix it up, which is catching them off guard every now and then.

Big Al

When you know your opponent has a weakness you can over play it like Macathur are doing and it makes it easier to defend. As everyone can cover. It’s when the game is broken that Clisby gets caught out most and there is no help. The more they come down the left the better for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred