• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 15

RADINHO

0-0 after 35mins.

Kristian Rees got a red card after a poor decision from the ref and cassio was useless with a free kick on the edge of the box.

RADINHO

0-0 half time GCU Centreback Zac Anderson brought down Leckie who was last man, Ref only gave yellow when he deserved red another poor decision. Adelaide dominating, Leckie been the best player on the park, Sarkies been pretty good too. GCU are quiet though.

BAD BULLZ

correction gcu are shite all they've got is last man snipers taking out the only radalaide player who isn't firing blanks.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

RADINHO said:
0-0 after 35mins.

Kristian Rees got a red card after a poor decision from the ref and cassio was useless with a free kick on the edge of the box.

Only saw one replay, but I thought he clipped his foot as he swung for the ball.

EDIT: Saw another one, yeah, I reckon the ref got that dead wrong.  Looks like the Adelaide player stepped on the ball and fell over from that, don't even think he was touched by the defender.  Once the ref gave the foul he had no choice but to reach for the red, but I don't think the foul should've been given.

2nd one was a bit more interesting if the other defender had been a step or two closer I'd agree with a yellow (as he would be within sliding distance) - as it was, the Adelaide player had accelerated past that player.  Should've been a red.
Not too bad a game, considering the weather.  Adelaide had a few good opportunities from midfield but it fell apart with poor passes to the front

RADINHO

1-0 Caravella absolutly destroyed Sarkies with some sweet skill and crossed it to Fitzsimons who headed it in.

FFC Mariner

Dreadful game, Adelaide were awful and Fold Coast proved if you get into them, they dont want it.

Both red cards IMHO. 1st was a touch soft but the away team often gets those sorts of decisions but he clearly pulled his arm back. 2nd was a clear shirt pull.

Higgins might consider himself lucky as well for handling the ref then booting the ball away.

Viddie stays in his job for another week

Forum Phoenix

Thought Adelaide were decent, except for the final third again.

We are better than both these teams. Much more rounded and much better depth.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think Williams has been taking tips from Mark Shield on how to 'control' Kevin Muscat.

2 fouls, 2 instances of blatant abuse and visual dissent, all in the space of a few minutes without so much as a word.

That whiny thug is getting back to his old ways...

FFC Mariner

Anyone other than Musc**t would have gone after his performance tonight.

Roar were doing a v good impression of Adelaide and the red card was so funny - what a drop kick

MagpieMariner

FFC Mariner said:
Dreadful game, Adelaide were awful and Fold Coast proved if you get into them, they dont want it.

Both red cards IMHO. 1st was a touch soft but the away team often gets those sorts of decisions but he clearly pulled his arm back. 2nd was a clear shirt pull.

Higgins might consider himself lucky as well for handling the ref then booting the ball away.

Viddie stays in his job for another week

I seem to recall another 'keeper who laid hands on the ref & got 9 months. Ah, but of course he was a Mariner and this one is with the new bling. 'Nuff said.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I remember an old blinger (Milliby) who laid hands on the ref and got away with it.

A number of players in the HAL have tried to grab a referee's arm to stop him raising a card or pull him around to get his attention.

Forum Phoenix

Damn, draw would have been nice table wise and thought the Roar deserved one.

Again, we are better than both theses teams, though Henrique and Oar are a real handful.

cruiser

I hate frakking Melbourne. They're a team of filthy can'ts who get outrageous protection from the refs. Muscan't is the dirtiest cheat in the A-League and what he's able to get away with deserves a FIFA investigation. There was no way that Brisbanes goal should have been disallowed. The Melb keeper's acting display (hands to his face) was more blatant cheating by a side that knows how to work the refs in their favour. Muscan'ts performance at the after match press conference further highlighted what a first class A-hole he is.  :soapbox:

MrCelery

cruiser said:
I hate frakking Melbourne. They're a team of filthy can'ts who get outrageous protection from the refs. Muscan't is the dirtiest cheat in the A-League and what he's able to get away with deserves a FIFA investigation. There was no way that Brisbanes goal should have been disallowed. The Melb keeper's acting display (hands to his face) was more blatant cheating by a side that knows how to work the refs in their favour. Muscan'ts performance at the after match press conference further highlighted what a first class A-hole he is.  :soapbox:
:postcount:

Muscat does seem to get preferential treatment from refs. It seems that elbows to the head, screaming hissy fits, etc are all acceptable when he is involved, but a yellow or red for others.

The Tards will never replace the Bogan Scum Jets as my most hated team, but they are certainly in the top half of my table.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hey, not even I'm going to dispute Muscat getting preferential treatment.  He gets away with blue murder, abuses referees - in V1 he even threatened an AR and nobody cared.

But remember, we also have the MRP who can do something about this, but choose not to.

What did he do in the press conference?

Jerem

just a thought, can we grab tiatto as i sub in penalty taking pinch hitter?
he has a lethal peg 8)

on other things was that ref blind? Langerak you cheat :fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred