• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Robbie Fowler Awards

FFC Mariner

Thanks to the SFC board for spotting this. Absolute Gold and shows that footballers shouldnt be taken too seriously. Take note Fold Coast

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/02/20/116855_sport.html

Take your seats, it's time for the Robbie awards

AFTER hearing about the A-League awards night in Sydney this week, it got me thinking about how deserving the North Queensland Fury lads were of getting up on the stage.

Unfortunately that didn't happen, but it shouldn't stop them from getting a trophy. So I have decided to hand out my own awards - the much sought-after 'Robbie's'.

And the winners are ...

Confused Nationality Award: Dyron Daal. Dyron arrived in Townsville with a weird Scottish-Dutch combination accent, but by the end of the season there was definitely an American twang thrown in. The big lad spends most of his time away from the field with Townsville Crocodiles import Corey Williams. These lads are like BFFs (best friends forever, for those not up with the lingo), leading many of us to believe the only reason he signed with the club for another year was because he's angling for a contract with the Crocs.

Made of Glass Award: Jacob Timpano. Poor Jacob didn't manage a game this year, suffering injury after injury. But the great news is he spent the time wisely and did have a great end to the season. Jacob took out the club's fantasy football league. We were going to have an awards night just for that but decided against it just in case Jacob slipped and got injured as he made his way to the stage.

The Regret Opening My Mouth Award: Justin Pasfield. Yelled something in jest that he might regret at big Troy from Zoo Health and Fitness the other day. Luckily for him it's a couple of months before he has to get back into training. While Passy has apologised, word is big Troy will be waiting.

Biggest Geeks Award: It's a four-way tie between Jason Spagnuolo, Rostyn Griffiths, Chris Grossman and Chris Tadrosse. This quartet are the Mario Kart club. It doesn't matter where we are on a road trip, these guys will have their heads buried in a Nintendo DS trying to prove they are the fastest monkey or turtle or whatever. But if I had to split them, I think Jason takes the full gong for taking it all too seriously. He even has Super Mario and Donkey Kong T-shirts. We must be the only football club in the world that doesn't have a poker club, instead it's a Nintendo gang.

Sings for Money Award: Beau Busch. Pretty self-explanatory, really. Beau, you look like a homeless person.

The George Negus Award: Ufuk Talay. The boys have nicknamed Uffy after the legendary reporter, because he only lasts 60 minutes.

The David Hasselhoff Award: Robbie Middleby. Robbie clearly bases his hairstyle on the Baywatch man and German icon. The best way to describe it? A German mullet.

Oddest Body Shape Award: Jack Hingert. While it was hard to split myself, David Williams and Jack, I had to hand the trophy to young Jack. Everything above the waist looks OK, but those chicken legs make him a clear winner.

Best Spectator Award: Another tie. This time for Shane Stefanutto, Scott Wilson, James Robinson and Karl Dodd, while Jacob Timpano gets his second gong. No one spent more time keeping the seats warm at Dairy Farmers Stadium than these five injury-hit lads.

Ironman Award: Robbie Fowler. I thought I had better chuck in a gong for myself here. I ended up playing more minutes and games than anyone at the Fury, not bad for the second-oldest lad in the team.

Some worthy winners of the inaugural Robbie's, I'm sure you'll agree.

No doubt the trophies will take pride of place on the lads' mantlepieces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred