• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rnd 1: Perth Glory v CCM

Rowdy

2 days out from 2016/17 Season Kick-Off
So c'mon guys FTFU ! :pirashoot:
.... Fire The Fark-Up ! :pirashoot:

A win & 3pnts would start the campaign off nicely, as well as keep the media at bay with the 'got off to a similar start as last season' shit-style of reporting.

I'm quietly confident, think we could get a 2-1 win, with Blake Powell scoring on his A-League debut.

R'OD getting on the score sheet as well, I think he'll be as 'hungry as hell' for goals this season after losing 12 weeks last year for head-butting Manny Muscat.

COYY ! :shoutclap:

Big Al

Finally. Offseason over and last year to be forgotten.

I'll go a 1-1 draw which would be a good start.

Let the season begin

Big Al

8 October 2016
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners nib Stadium, Perth Kick-Off: 7:00PM (Local) (10:00PM (AEDT))
Referee: Chris Beath Assistant Referee 1: Josh Mannella Assistant Referee 2: Matthew Southern Fourth Official: Adam Fielding
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on Fox Sports 505 from 10.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport (New Zealand) Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC Central Coast, Grandstand Digital (Except Perth), Online & via the ABC Radio Mobile App – A-league Live, EON Sports Radio (eonsportsradio.com), Coast FM 96.3 Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #PERvCCM To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au

Perth Glory squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Marc WARREN, 5.Rhys WILLIAMS, 6.Dino DJULBIC, 8.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (c), 9.Andy KEOGH 10.Nebojsa MARINKOVIC, 13 Nicholas FEELY (gk), 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Joseph MILLS, 17.Diego CASTRO, 19.Josh RISDON, 21.Jamal REINERS, 22.Adam TAGGART, 23.Kosta PETRATOS, 24.Milan SMILJANIC, 33.Liam REDDY (gk) **two to be omitted**

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 25.Ryan PETERSON **two to be omitted**

A League website

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
A rousing victory would be bonz, but a draw will do ....also won't be nil all

JoyfulPenguin

I'm happy with any sort of an improvement on our performance against Green Gully. Anything more, such as points, is a bonus.

Rowdy

Mickael Tavares declares: Why can’t we beat Perth Glory?
A-League-Rd-23-Perth-v-Central-Coast.jpg

New Central Coast Mariner Mickael Tavares insists his side has what it takes to defy the odds and notch a first-up win against Perth Glory at the weekend.

The Mariners endured a tough offseason and in the process where knocked out of the FFA Cup by NPL Victoria side Green Gully, culminating in the sacking of former manager Tony Walmsley.

Tavares, along with cousin Jaques Faty, arrived in Gosford from Sydney FC long before his Walmsley’s sacking, and Paul Okon has since filled the managerial void.

Tavares says the former Australia under-20 coach has arrived at the club with plans and declared the new-look Central Coast can return home from Perth with three points.

“The morale is good, everybody is happy,” Tavares said.

“It’s a little bit like the mentality of the club, it’s more like a family club.

“Everyone is together, everyone is on the same page.

“It’s very important for confidence to start well because we have some difficult games coming, so it’s very important to win the first one.

“We had a good preseason, the new coach came with a philosophy, everybody has stuck to the plan and I don’t see why we should not play well or win this game.”

Perth and Central Coast kick off their respective A-League accounts at nib Stadium on Saturday night at 10pm AEDT.

Rowdy

Central Coast’s Roy O’Donovan:
-Talk is cheap !

2016_17-A-League-Media-Day.jpg

Central Coast striker Roy O’Donovan has stressed the Mariners must start getting results under new manager Paul Okon.

The Mariners endured a poor season last time out, claiming the A-League wooden spoon.

The preseason was hardly better, with the club eliminated from the FFA Cup by state league side Green Gully. That defeat saw former boss Tony Walmsley sacked and Okon installed.

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Football Show on Thursday, the Irishman stressed the need for a return on new personnel, starting with this weekend against Perth Glory.

“It’s like chalk and cheese with himself (Okon) and Tony (Walmsley) … they’re completely different people,” O’Donovan said.

“The thing about Paulo is he’s had a terrific career as a player, a really good CV.

“He’s done the groundwork, he’s done the hard yards as a coach.

“He’s learned his craft with the Young Socceroos and all the various age groups up.

“I think it’s really positive. He’s a very hands-on coach, his attention to detail is huge.

“That’s a going to have a really positive impact on the club and the young players moving forward.

“Talk is cheap, we need to start getting results on the pitch, starting on the weekend.”

Luke

Shutting down Castro and Marinkovic will be key. A big test first up for Tavares and Faty to prove they were worth bringing in. Perths defensive setup will be strong so again another big test for Powell and Pain to show their worth and create chances. We know Fabio can get past anyone on his day, just a matter of if he's fit and what Fabio decides to turn up. If Roy gets the service I'm confident he'll put something away.
A big test first up but we can definitely get something out of it I think.

Membership came today, COYY

Rowdy

Also will be interesting to see if Kenny Lowe will play Andy Keogh or the ex-Scummer Adam Taggart as leaks out of Perth are suggesting all is not well with the two.

The recently returned pair of Adam Taggart and Andy Keogh aren’t said to be gelling well on or off the pitch.

Talk has it that the two strikers will struggle to play together, let alone have any relationship off the park.

Both Taggart and Keogh were recruited last season, Keogh played a major part at the back end of last year, whereas Taggart, was unable to be registered until the start of this season due to the rule of having already played for Fulham reserves and Dundee United FC in the same transfer window, and has become somewhat ancy about waiting in the wings and having to watch Keogh pick up where he left off up front.

The reason:
Keogh and Taggart BOTH want to be the main striker.

However, Lowe wants Taggart to play more of a wider supportive role and the reluctance by Taggart to comply with Kenny's wishes has caused the Keogh rift.

Fireworks forecasted between the ego's.

Tevor

Just bring it on, itching to see the start of the season. Will have to watch this delayed when I get home from the WSW v SFC match.

Wombat

Also will be interesting to see if Kenny Lowe will play Andy Keogh or the ex-Scummer Adam Taggart as leaks out of Perth are suggesting all is not well with the two.

The recently returned pair of Adam Taggart and Andy Keogh aren’t said to be gelling well on or off the pitch.

Talk has it that the two strikers will struggle to play together, let alone have any relationship off the park.

Both Taggart and Keogh were recruited last season, Keogh played a major part at the back end of last year, whereas Taggart, was unable to be registered until the start of this season due to the rule of having already played for Fulham reserves and Dundee United FC in the same transfer window, and has become somewhat ancy about waiting in the wings and having to watch Keogh pick up where he left off up front.

The reason:
Keogh and Taggart BOTH want to be the main striker.

However, Lowe wants Taggart to play more of a wider supportive role and the reluctance by Taggart to comply with Kenny's wishes has caused the Keogh rift.

Fireworks forecasted between the ego's.

Keogh has to be first choice.
Taggart is dreaming unless he is bossing it at training?

Rowdy

I think Dave Davutovic has been hitting the 'meth-pipe' once again, giving his 'Best Starting XI' for each A-League team. (see CCM's below)

Davutovic thinks Jake McGing out classes Posco o_O hands down for the starting CB spot - Pffft !

McGing, imo wouldn't even make the bench for this Rnd1 game against Perth, but may, only because Junior is unavailable with the Young Socceroos.

Even now, after watching the Knox Grammar game, I'd be giving Ascroft the nod before McGing for a bench spot.

54b5ca8448fc470a3afcb809299164ea

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS:

Star signing: Mickael Tavares

Best and fairest: Mickael Tavares

Top scorer: Roy O’Donovan

Youngster to watch: Liam Rose

Paul Okon’s arrival has rejuvenated a squad bereft of confidence. It’s not a strong squad on paper but they’ll enjoy their football more and will be far harder to beat than last season. Still a contender for bottom though.

Rowdy

& Davutovic's 'Best Starting XI' for Perth Glory:

ac78cba9f1947a8bb4feca9540f06990

PERTH GLORY:

Star signing: Rhys Williams

Best and fairest: Diego Castro

Top scorer: Andy Keogh

Youngster to watch: Jamal Reiners

Kenny Lowe has come a close second with a host of shrewd off-season buys, many of which came early. Rhys Williams, Adam Taggart, Rostyn Griffiths add class and experience. Glory will go close.

sydmariner

& Davutovic's 'Best Starting XI' for Perth Glory:

ac78cba9f1947a8bb4feca9540f06990

PERTH GLORY:

Star signing: Rhys Williams

Best and fairest: Diego Castro

Top scorer: Andy Keogh

Youngster to watch: Jamal Reiners

Kenny Lowe has come a close second with a host of shrewd off-season buys, many of which came early. Rhys Williams, Adam Taggart, Rostyn Griffiths add class and experience. Glory will go close.
IZZO F**K NO!!!

nebakke

I think Dave Davutovic has been hitting the 'meth-pipe' once again, giving his 'Best Starting XI' for each A-League team. (see CCM's below)

Davutovic thinks Jake McGing out classes Posco o_O hands down for the starting CB spot - Pffft !

McGing, imo wouldn't even make the bench for this Rnd1 game against Perth, but may, only because Junior is unavailable with the Young Socceroos.

Even now, after watching the Knox Grammar game, I'd be giving Ascroft the nod before McGing for a bench spot.

54b5ca8448fc470a3afcb809299164ea

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS:

Star signing: Mickael Tavares

Best and fairest: Mickael Tavares

Top scorer: Roy O’Donovan

Youngster to watch: Liam Rose

Paul Okon’s arrival has rejuvenated a squad bereft of confidence. It’s not a strong squad on paper but they’ll enjoy their football more and will be far harder to beat than last season. Still a contender for bottom though.

I could've sworn he had Necevski in goals when i read that yesterday - must be getting old.
Anyway I'm starting to realise just how underestimated Posco seems to be - I guess it's natural based on our defence last season but this isn't the first commentator I've seen put either Ascroft or McGing in there ahead of him... Makes me wonder of they've even actually looked at the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred