• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rich Peil Open Letter

Josho Howe

Peil's just sent an open letter to our emails. Interesting read but l have to say - everybody knows you don't make money in football. I get that it's a decent chunk of cash outlay but that's what you signed up for buddy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825_152032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825_152032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 38

Corsair

Managing expectations about new signings and probably heading off conversations about additional staff wages (Muller). At least he's communicating, I don't see this as a bad thing. Actually he still comes over as a pretty decent guy so far, been good for his word as far as I'm aware.

Josho Howe

Nothing wrong with transparency and asking fans to sign up to become members, all I'm just saying is that l got a kind of odd/off putting feeling from reading it. Almost like it was a plead to members/fans for us to give money to the already wealthy owner so he recoups on losses. Maybe i'm off the mark but just how l felt.

Insertnamehere

Nothing wrong with transparency and asking fans to sign up to become members, all I'm just saying is that l got a kind of odd/off putting feeling from reading it. Almost like it was a plead to members/fans for us to give money to the already wealthy owner so he recoups on losses. Maybe i'm off the mark but just how l felt.
I dont disagree however, probs just PTSD from MC days. The old flogged dog syndrome.

Roger the Cabin Boy

And then there is the elephant in the room. Until this season funds were not required to support a womens team. We struggled in the past financially with only one team, but this season those resources have to be split. I'm not against the womens comp, but this additional expenditure on top of our loss of members of the GF winning squad mean I have quite low expectations this year. I do hope I am wrong.

Maybe Richie Rich can flog off the wind fall gym equipment donated by the Lionesses to cover some of his losses?

Allreet?

What wasn't mentioned was the sell on fees we might expect from recent sales, although I suppose they are hard to quantify/budget for.

The business model will come good in a couple of years but of course we have to be prudential - probably forever.

Pirate Pete

What wasn't mentioned was the sell on fees we might expect from recent sales, although I suppose they are hard to quantify/budget for.

The business model will come good in a couple of years but of course we have to be prudential - probably forever.
IF we get any sell on fee.
Tom Rogic.

Meerkat

And then there is the elephant in the room. Until this season funds were not required to support a womens team. We struggled in the past financially with only one team, but this season those resources have to be split. I'm not against the womens comp, but this additional expenditure on top of our loss of members of the GF winning squad mean I have quite low expectations this year. I do hope I am wrong.
I have exactly the same concerns.

Michael

I like and respect that he’s sent that email to members and been fully transparent. I personally can’t get info from the club about goings on. It’s not like he’s announcing cuts to budgets either.
Didn’t seem like he’s complaining, to me. Just informing and well yeah managing expectations.
The biggest issue has always been that there is zero monetary reward for winning the only pro comp in the country. Pretty f**ked up tbh, always has been.

Meerkat

I think it’s come as a shock to him just how much money he’s losing (or not making) which seems odd as surely he did due diligence before he signed up.

Otherwise, I found this letter less pleady and desperate than his last one. It sounds more like he’s just putting to bed all thoughts that we are in the money. Which is fair I guess. But as stated above, I’m wondering how we are footing the bill to keep 2 teams resourced and succeeding or even afloat and while I have no issue with the signings (or re-signings) we have made, it has even more of a recycling feel than usual. The threads seem very bare.

pjennings

I don't mind the letter at all. As for funding the ALW team you would think that women's sport would attract different sponsors (and probably a good time to get them at the moment with the feel good factor from the WWC).

We have a number of formers Mariners that have or still play for the Matildas. Caitlin Foord was signed by us as a 16 year old but didn't play for us because of us pulling out of the competition.

First NameSurnameMarinersCaps
CaitlinCooperPlayer
10​
RachelDoylePlayer
1​
CaitlinFoordPlayer
108​
GillianFosterPlayer
39​
LyndsayKohletPlayer
5​
KellyGolebiowskiPlayer