• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Reserves/Under 21's

whats the go with the preposed reserves a-league compition like under 21's etc that was supose to happen in 2008/09?
i havnt heard much about this in quite awhile but i think it'd be a great idea.
that way we could watch two shows come game day.
reserves and then 1st grade.

anyone know whats going on?

tyson

apparently it costs a fortune to hold 2 games, unless the place sells out every time of course.
i know there was a thread on it once and someone approached the club or something.

as for a youth comp... it would b good.

Jesus

Jesus
Youth matches will be after a-league.

Will start this season, the details will no doubt be released in the coming months

FFC Mariner

After the main game is just plain stupid.

If we have 7:30pm game are they really going to schedule a youth game kicking off at 9:30pm???

Play it B4 the main game so people go early, spend more money in the ground to defray cost of opening.

thomas477

i would go and see a youth and a womens game before the main game, the NRL has 2 games before the big one and it would be a good fay out for football fans

ryan

The NSL always had the youth league game on before 1st grade. If they could afford to open the grounds i don't know why the A-League can't do it. There was always a certain amount of people who would turn up each week to watch the youth team play. It's better to be able to see 2 games than just 1. Whether the youth team play before or after I will be giving them my full support.

FFC Mariner

Me too Ryan, Lightning in the Winter, youth in the summer. More football and a chance to see the best young players in Aust.

Bring it on

Jesus

Jesus
They arent running the youth league for a profit, they are running it to get the players up to standard.

I would prefer trotty have the practice of playing in the youth league every week this year, then when danny got suspended against sydney, he would have been up to it.

If it is before the game, some players will not play all season. The major problem with that being, that they will be the best youth players. Hence they wont develop.

You cant play in both teams in the one week, so if trotty played for the youth, he couldnt be on the bench for the first team if the match was before.

Ultimately, i think the people who would be interested to go to the match early to see the youth league, are just as likely to stay after and watch it.

I dont think the youth league will bring in half the crowd before the main game

Jesus

Jesus
ryan said:
The NSL always had the youth league game on before 1st grade. If they could afford to open the grounds i don't know why the A-League can't do it. There was always a certain amount of people who would turn up each week to watch the youth team play. It's better to be able to see 2 games than just 1. Whether the youth team play before or after I will be giving them my full support.

There is nothing saying the FFA cant afford to open the grounds. I am pretty sure when the mariners hire bluetongue, they hire it for the night. The only difference is wait staff, seccies etc get paid longer, and the lights left on a bit more.

I do not think they will have to pay a 2nd 40k every week to play the second match.

bikinigirl

. would prefer the youth game to be played first

. the option to play the youth game after sitting on the bench for the 'seniors' is a nice idea but would be limited to the bench players only (3 per week) so wouldn't have much of an effect - excpet of course for the reserve keeper!

. would probably spell the end of the after match function as well

kevrenor

Jesus said:
You cant play in both teams in the one week, so if trotty played for the youth, he couldn't be on the bench for the first team if the match was before.

Why?  It is possible in just about any other similar set up I've seen here!

ryan

I've seen youth team players- mainly keepers - sit on the bench for 1st grade in the old NSL days after playing the youth game. I can't see why that could not happen although i think Redmayne would be our youth team keeper and Trott would be 1st choice/ bench for 1sts. The comment about affording to open the grounds was only in reference to comments that I have heard in the past. I'm pretty sure either the Mariners or the FFA used that as a reason for not holding "curtain raiser" games in the past.

bikinigirl

. they pulled the cost card in the past when queried about opening the gates earlier when big crowds were expected (the romario game being one i remember)

. security seemed to be the big issue

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
what an outstanding idea....methinks they should play the youngun's game first so we all can stand around and warm up sufficiently for when the big boys run out

yeh i think manly people would enjoy going to see two games instead of one.

it would also be a fantastic opportunity for local league players (such as matty simon was) to really step up and be noticed.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Why would they play the youth league after the main game?  These games are supposed to be curtain raisers to the main games.

Is there any league, anywhere, in any sport, that plays their lower divisions after the higher one? 

Omni

The grounds are hired on a day rate, you don't hire a ground per hour. CCMFC have access to Bluetounge from 9am or so, depending on kickoff time. As for the lights, surely that's more of an argument for an earlier kickoff. The only thing I can see for playing after is damaging the pitch.

The issue with cost of earlier opening is Security & Concession stand people.

marinersman

Good points you make Omni.

How about the summer time weather? Can't see for the life of me how you can have a youth team game kicking off at 2.30 before a 5pm game in the middle of January.

It's just too damn hot.

I wouldn't mind betting they end up play them at separate times at different stadiums in a lot of cases. You won't be able to play them early because of the heat and you can't have them kicking off at 9.30pm either.

Mini In Bay 6

How about

a) The Youth go first.  Perhaps open the toilets but leave the beer off (I know, I know the tears) and the food closed

b) Have the women go at it before kick off.  Beer and food can open now. My shitty theory is:
That women want to watch womens sport and will come and bring their kids to this match, watch thius and the main game and then go home. Helps also indoctrinate football to young teenage sons at that delicate age when girls are getting really interesting. Also gives the blokes an excuse to turn up early purely for the art of the game and they'll stay for the main game because they'll be too pissed to go home.  End result is even lager (larger?) crowds. Also would increase value for money.

c) Main event.

d) After this there may or may not be kebabs. But no matter what never buy a sausage in a bun from that guy outside the stadium. Never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred