• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Request from a distant Sheffield United fan...

eca03adb

Hello to you guys down there!

I'm a Sheffield United fan from the UK.  I understand that our club has recently set up a new partnership agreement with your club, in a similar way in which we have with other clubs outside the UK including our own chinese club 'Chengdu Blades', and other links with Sao Paulo (Brazil), Feverencvos (Hungary), White Star (Belgium) and a team from Finland.

It seems that the Blades (nickname of our club) are trying to forge some useful partnerships with clubs from around the globe and in turn increase the clubs profile abroad and try and create benefits for all teams involved.

As such i have become very interested in the clubs we have become co-operative with and have tried to collect as many replica shirts as possible in support of the teams we have links with now (The Chengdu Blades kit can be bought at our ground 'Bramall Lane'), and am also interseted in the thoughts of fans from these clubs.

I would like to ask if i) were you aware of the link-up? ii) what are your feelings towards it? iii) Do you see Sheffield United as a good influence and have you become more aware/supportive of the Blades since the agreement?

Also i'm quite keen to try and get a replica kit (i think you call them jersey's?) and wondered where i might find a replica of the most recent Mariners jersey (preferably quite cheap - as i've seen them on the Mariner website for AUS$130 which is about GBP60!?? - bit expensive!?).

Good luck for the new season!

[move]UP THE BLADES (AND THE MARINERS!)[/move]

RADINHO

yes we are very aware and in my opinion it is a very good partnership and probably the most important and u can on ebay if you trust it

Jocwa08

I think its an awesome agreement.
Were you aware the best goalkeeper
in Australia may be coming over to
train with you's ?
Ebay would be the best, its pretty
reliable these days, they have made
new fraud rules, i got my "kit" on there
for $50 Australian.

eca03adb

No i'd not heard about the Goalkeeper! - sounds interesting as we are looking for a good back-up keeper to Paddy Kenny (our No.1) as our current back-up is nearing retirement.  David Carney is with us at the minute and has had a mixed season, looked good in some games but struggled in others but i'd like to see him given a real go next season, but there are rumours of him leaving in the Summer to Bayern Munich for 2m!!

Could you tell me what the latest jersey looks like? only i've seen a few on ebay but most say that they are from the 2005 season which is quite a bit old!  Are you still with Reebok?

Thanks for your replies, all comments welcome!

Will certainly look out for your results from now on!

When does your season start?

UP THE BLADES & MARINERS!!

trev

this guy is a champ, yeah the deal in my opinon is a good deal benifting both clubs.
Whats the sheffield united fan site?

fedelta

eca03adb said:
Could you tell me what the latest jersey looks like? only i've seen a few on ebay but most say that they are from the 2005 season which is quite a bit old!  Are you still with Reebok?

AMar-7-Jer-2-100.jpg

kevrenor

There is an earlier thread here:

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1005.0

eca03adb

The A-League shirts are expensive - small market, seller monopoly.

eca03adb

thats the official site but our forum is www.bladesunited.org you may be able to read the comments (im often on there as Beighton_Blade) but i think you have to join the fans group for 10 to be a member for some reason!

Thanks for all you help guys! Will deffo be buying a Mariner jersey when i can! The Kits are quite expensive over hear too but usually around 40, so i suppose 60 is a bit expensive but it is coming all the way from Aus after all!!

Good luck for the season, keep an eye out for the Blades when you can! (We got relegated from the EPL last season (unfairly! grrrr Tevez...grrr West Ham!) and were hoping to get promoted back this season but our new manager was poor! (Bryan Robson) - he's now been replaced by Kevin Blackwell who has turned us around and gave us a last minute chance of making the Play Offs - unilkely to get promoted but the belief is back!!!

Promotion back to the Premier League definitely the aim next season so keep an eye out for Sheffield United in a few years - hope i might see a few aussie fans at Bramall Lane in a few years time!!

Again, thanks for your replies and Good Luck for your season!

Jocwa08

eca03adb said:
No i'd not heard about the Goalkeeper! - sounds interesting as we are looking for a good back-up keeper to Paddy Kenny (our No.1) as our current back-up is nearing retirement.  David Carney is with us at the minute and has had a mixed season, looked good in some games but struggled in others but i'd like to see him given a real go next season, but there are rumours of him leaving in the Summer to Bayern Munich for 2m!!

Thanks for your replies, all comments welcome!

Will certainly look out for your results from now on!

When does your season start?

UP THE BLADES & MARINERS!!

LOL easy mate, he's just training!
He will go overseas in a year or two
but we need him at the mariners
atm cos well our #2 isnt that good..

voice of reason

Jocwa08 said:
train with you's ?

That's if you discount Michael Theoklitos (Melbourne Victory) and Ante Covic (Newcastle Jets)..
But the best two goalkeepers in the A-League are staying in New Zealand (Mark Paston and Glenn Moss). 

So really you're getting the 5th best in the A-League!

Omni

Theoklitos clearly isn't he's never selected above Covic or Vukovic - and he hasn't done that well in the ACL. I do rate the two Kiwis though, you get plenty of practice behind that defence!

A rundown for our Sheffield friend:
Our season starts in late August and runs til late February including playoffs (a finals series). The Mariners are the defending premiers and will play in the Asian Champions League in 2009 (during the A-League offseason), rivals are Newcastle and Sydney, the team plays out of Bluetounge Central Coast Stadium (a three sided stadium open to the water). The A-League is an 8 team competition between Adelaide United, Central Coast Mariners, Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United Jets, Perth Glory, Queensland Roar, Sydney FC and Wellington Phoenix (from New Zealand) - the Australian clubs (all bar Wellington) play in a youth league commencing next season, Expansion will eventually happen but not this year - Gold Coast Galaxy and Northern Thunder were two candidates for this season but the Football Federation Australia said no, perhaps 2009-10, Canberra, a second team in Victoria, Wollongong and Tasmania have expressed an interest.

RADINHO

voice of reason said:
Jocwa08 said:
train with you's ?

That's if you discount Michael Theoklitos (Melbourne Victory) and Ante Covic (Newcastle Jets)..
But the best two goalkeepers in the A-League are staying in New Zealand (Mark Paston and Glenn Moss). 

So really you're getting the 5th best in the A-League!

5th best keeper no way!

RADINHO

Greenpoleffc said:
Strong rumours out of scum central that Covic is madly looking overseas for a gig

True so is Jade North the two Griffths guys and Ante covic like u said.

fedelta

RADINHO said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Strong rumours out of scum central that Covic is madly looking overseas for a gig

They treated Jade North like a god on Total Football the other night..  :naughty:

graaant

taylor said:
RADINHO said:
Greenpoleffc said:

They treated Jade North like a god on Total Football the other night..  :naughty:

Probably because he's the first indigenous.... everything.. woo f**king hoo.

FFC Mariner

Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:

Source? That would be FANTASTIC news

His agent apparently. He fears not getting a look in by Arnold if the Jests implode in V4. Just local goss............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred