• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Religion Census

Where do you fit in?

• Regular worshipper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non regular worshipper but still religious

• Agnostic

• Atheist

• Total voters
W

Wilson

Dibo Dibo Dibo>..

I think you may need to find GOD.
God existst in all of us..

Out with old and in with new I say!!

dibo

kevrenor said:
dibo said:
Part_Timer said:
where is the scientology option.....L Ron will not be happy

Scientology isn't a religion. There's no 'god' or superficial force involved, just some wacko fairytale about Xenu etc.

Yeah, a bit like economic rationalism (aka cargo cults)

Oh Chris - don't you know I can calculate your marginal rate of substitution from spirituality to material goods to eight (count 'em - EIGHT) decimal places?  ;D

Wilson said:
Dibo Dibo Dibo>..

I think you may need to find GOD.
God existst in all of us..

Out with old and in with new I say!!

No gods for this little black duck. I'm not even the slightest bit spiritual. I am a materialist (in the metaphysical sense) through and through. We are all stardust, but that's all we are.

sidebar.jpg

Part_Timer

8 million ppl following a fairytale...i think not
also
In 1983 the high court of australia  questioned whether the Church of Scientology is a religious institution and as such not subject of payroll tax... The Court unanimously confirmed the Church of Scientology to be a religious institution.....

bl dibo

dibo

Part_Timer said:
8 million ppl following a fairytale...i think not

you probably wouldn't like my views on what the other several billion people following other religions are doing then... *whistles*

Part_Timer said:
also
In 1983 the high court of australia  questioned whether the Church of Scientology is a religious institution and as such not subject of payroll tax... The Court unanimously confirmed the Church of Scientology to be a religious institution.....

bl dibo

the high court is a judge of things as they are against australian law. if my view of something differs from australian law, then i will judge things differently to the high court.

in this case, the high court would have been asked to judge whether under australian law scientology can be classed as a religion. this is different to judging in theological/spiritual terms whether scientology is a religion.

W

Wilson

To apply it into biblical terms that you can digest. Dibo's materialistic and self absorbed ways are the "devil" that we should all fear. I do not beleve in GOD as a creator but I do believe that there is a life spirit inside us that gives us qualities as human beings which can benefit those around us.

The old Testament is the biggest hurdle in our Western Civlilization. Many including me find it the stuff of fairytale. But if you look at the message that ALL ancient religion was trying to convey. Indeed Hinduism, Budhism and Cristianity have almost identical messages to each other. It is that we are all one, a life force.. we should indeed love our fellow man.. Love ourselves.. Respect and care for each other.. these are important messages which have been distorted with fanatical ideals and hate.

J

jiggles

...and this is why religious talk should be banned.

But anyway...

Christian. Go to church when I can. etc.

dibo

Wilson said:
Dibo's materialistic and self absorbed ways are the "devil" that we should all fear.

Why does not believing in either a god or in some form of 'spirit' make me self absorbed?

Materialism in a metaphysical sense (believing that the universe, and we in it, are merely matter and there's no god or spirit) is not the same thing as materialism in a lifestyle sense (being only concerned with one's own accumulation of material things).

Why does a belief that there's no such thing as god or spirit preclude me believing in respect for my fellow human beings and my planet?

poko said:
...and this is why religious talk should be banned.

But anyway...

Christian. Go to church when I can. etc.

religious talk shouldn't be banned, and it isn't. *stirring* is not on.

scottmac

Suspended
dibo said:
Why does a belief that there's no such thing as god or spirit preclude me believing in respect for my fellow human beings and my planet?

It doesn't, and this is where most christians fall into a massive hole by believing that in some way they know better than everyone else on the planet. Just because someone hasn't/doesn't read the bible, does not mean they have not been instilled with values that match what Jesus teaches in the new testament.

The devil we should all fear Wilson, is people who are not open to befriend other people because of their views or orientation.

J

jiggles

dibo said:
religious talk shouldn't be banned, and it isn't. *stirring* is not on.

Says you?
Am pretty sure the majority of your posts on this thread are stirring.

scottmac said:
dibo said:

It doesn't, and this is where most christians fall into a massive hole by believing that in some way they know better than everyone else on the planet. Just because someone hasn't/doesn't read the bible, does not mean they have not been instilled with values that match what Jesus teaches in the new testament.

The devil we should all fear Wilson, is people who are not open to befriend other people because of their views or orientation.

And this is where stereotyping comes into play. I am a Christian, as are many of my friends and not one of us is a bible basher, preacher nor do we think we are better than anyone else on the planet.

There are christians, and there are psycho-jesus-loving-bible-bashing-cult members. Christian purely means you believe in, and follow Christ. Doesn't mean they go to church every sunday, doesn't mean they read the bible before bed. For every psycho-jesus-loving-bible-bashing-cult member, there are about 10,000 true Christians. So to stereotype and say that....tis a bit shit dude.

scottmac

Suspended
poko said:
And this is where stereotyping comes into play. I am a Christian, as are many of my friends and not one of us is a bible basher, preacher nor do we think we are better than anyone else on the planet.

There are christians, and there are psycho-jesus-loving-bible-bashing-cult members. Christian purely means you believe in, and follow Christ. Doesn't mean they go to church every sunday, doesn't mean they read the bible before bed. For every psycho-jesus-loving-bible-bashing-cult member, there are about 10,000 true Christians. So to stereotype and say that....tis a bit shit dude.

I said most christians fall into a hole. I didn't stereotype all christians or suggest that this view is held by them for eternity. But if you have been a church attending christian you would know that the level of elitism found there is quite high. Just to clarify these are people who call themselves christians, just like you do, but for all intents and purposes are not really following christ.

And besides, following christ and not going to church every sunday or reading the bible? Sounds like a contradiction to me. In your opinion, and i ask this quite sincerly, what do you call a true christian?

J

jiggles

scottmac said:
poko said:

I said most christians fall into a hole. I didn't stereotype all christians or suggest that this view is held by them for eternity. But if you have been a church attending christian you would know that the level of elitism found there is quite high. Just to clarify these are people who call themselves christians, just like you do, but for all intents and purposes are not really following christ.

And besides, following christ and not going to church every sunday or reading the bible? Sounds like a contradiction to me. In your opinion, and i ask this quite sincerly, what do you call a true christian?

Of course everyone's deifnation of a true christian is going to be differant. God does not care if you don't go to a building for 2 hours every week and sing some songs. If you do your best to live a life of charity, love and have faith in your God, it's all you need.

And when I do go to Church (approx once a month, because I know its the next question I'll be asked) there is NO level of eliteism. Our pastor is like everyone else. He plays golf on a Saturday, enjoys red wine and has a fabulous family. The families and individuals who come to our church do not think they are elite. They come with problems such as family members with cancer, and financial problems and we come together and pray. Even if you think praying does nothing, knowing you have that wall of support behind you is an amazing feeling. A church is not so much a religion, it's more of a community.

And yes, I am aware you said most. But it's incorrect. MOST Christians don't fall into the hole. Its the psycho-bible bashers that do.

And don't think I dislike other religions. I don't. Religions fascinate me. To see someone who has such faith and passion for something is amazing...when they keep it at a sane level. Its the same with having a passion for a sport or something. You should not critisize someone for having a passion for something.

~Floss~

poko said:
Christian purely means you believe in, and follow Christ.

hmm... pretty sure there has to be something about believing he was the son of god... and i guess therefore believing an a god/creator in the first place.

Ranyen

I am comfortable with anyone's religion, but if they start trying to convert me, that's the end of it.

J

jiggles

~Floss~ said:
poko said:
Christian purely means you believe in, and follow Christ.

hmm... pretty sure there has to be something about believing he was the son of god... and i guess therefore believing an a god/creator in the first place.

No shit sherlock :p

If you believe and follow Christ, then you follow the whole story that goes with it. Its like believing in Santa Clause but not the North Pole....or whatever...

W

Wilson

If the old testament was thrown away the message of the New testament would be more easily absorbed.

No one can belive the creation theory science is dissolving its core principles daily..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred