• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ref cost us a penalty: Aloisi

fishmum

:thumbup: I applaude Aloisi for coming out and saying it as it was...

The fact of the matter is.... we didn't play well... we had the wrong team on the pitch,
we only were scored against due to one mistake, and we were cheated so many times throughout the match by the referee..
Even if we were awared the penalty, it doesn't mean that we would have scored it...
to continue into extra time...
But it was wrong that we were denied the chance of what should have been rightfully ours...a penalty.
I would bet that had the same thing happened down the other end of the field, Newcastle would have been awarded

now look at the consequences, we now have danny facing a hefty suspension, and the entire club is being asked question.
I recall see Newcastle treating and touching the referee the same way in the preliminary finals..
what happened to them?.. A BIG FAT NOTHING!..........

So I say good onya Aloisi... TELL IT LIKE IT WAS..............

by the way who was the fourth referee?...ohh Breeze......... :fireup:

http://sportal.co.nz/football-news-display/ref-cost-us-a-penalty-aloisi-43773

Central Coast star John Aloisi has sensationally claimed grand final referee Mark Shield was talked out of giving his team a penalty in the dying stages of Newcastle's dramatic Hyundai A-League title win on Sunday.

The Jets won their first national football championship 1-0 but the match exploded at the death when Shield turned down a clear-cut Mariners penalty.

A stunned Aloisi revealed after the match that he and team-mates had overheard the referee's assistant on the far side of the field indicate through his earpiece that the Jets' James Holland had handled the ball on his goal-line.

But according to the Socceroos striker, Shield then consulted his assistant on the near side of the pitch before turning down the penalty appeal.

Incensed Mariners goalkeeper Danny Vukovic was sent off for handling Shield in the aftermath as angry Central Coast players vented their frustration.

"That's what the players heard. The players heard the referee because they've got the earpiece and they talk to each other," Aloisi explained.

"He (Shield) goes 'right, you saw a handball. I'm going to check with the guy on the nearside'."

"I'm only going on what my team-mates said. You'll have to ask 'Shieldsy' that one but that's what happened. He goes over (to his assistant) and he (comes back and) goes 'no handball'."

Aloisi was the first player to touch the ball after the alleged handball and has no doubt Holland used his arm.

Television replays strongly back Aloisi's assertion.

"We saw it. We heard the 'aws' from the Newcastle supporters, we heard the cheers from the Mariners supporters but the referee said no penalty," Aloisi continued.

"I saw the handball and the ball came to me and I still headed it."

"It went over the bar but I was surprised there was no whistle blowing."

"We all saw it."

Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna added: "I think the 100,000s of people who watched the game and everybody that's here can make up their own mind. We don't need to say anything about it because you all saw."

Aloisi admitted the decision would haunt his team for some time.

"It's upsetting that the whole stadium saw it and you guys saw it - (everyone) except the referee," he said.

"What can you do? It's hard to get over it but it's something you have to get over."

"People make mistakes but it's (a) mistake that cost us."

"I'm not taking anything away from Newcastle. I thought they played well, especially the first 20 (minutes)."

"We didn't play well but we still created a few good chances and to lose like that right at the end, that's hard to take."

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's all well and good for Aloisi to whinge about the refere, but if he had actually bothered to turn up on Sunday then there might not've been any need to whinge.

jaypee

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
It's all well and good for Aloisi to whinge about the refere, but if he had actually bothered to turn up on Sunday then there might not've been any need to whinge.

Would be nice if we actually had someone who could pass the ball to him!!!!

Marinerchick

jaypee said:

agreed =]

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, true....
Still, considering how often Aloisi gets foulled, and nothing done about it....well, I can't imagine that anybody would expect Aloisi to feel any sort of affinity for our officials.......

serious14

There's a Getty Image floating around of Aloisi going for the ball in the box with Durante (I think, it might have been North) pulling on his jersey.  The damn thing is nearly ripping...... one of about 346346 similar incidents involving Aloisi this season.

Shameful.

Marinerchick

serious14 said:
There's a Getty Image floating around of Aloisi going for the ball in the box with Durante (I think, it might have been North) pulling on his jersey.  The damn thing is nearly ripping...... one of about 346346 similar incidents involving Aloisi this season.

Shameful.

my friend said something about that
she said aloisi was going off because someone almost  ripped his shirt
i dont know because im not going to watch that game ever ever again !!!!!

marconigirl

jaypee said:

This was the first thing that one of the office ladies said to me on Monday... She said noone would pass him the ball...

marconigirl

marinerchik said:
serious14 said:

Shameful.

If only it had ripped then there would have to have been a penalty... (shields couldn't have backed down)...darn those shirts being so tough... :(

Marinerchick

marconigirl said:
marinerchik said:
serious14 said:

Shameful.

If only it had ripped then there would have to have been a penalty... (shields couldn't have backed down)...darn those shirts being so tough... :(
LOL i really wish it to god i hate the referees
why dont they just get in hole and dissapear
grrrr

marconigirl

0,,5906032,00.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5029839-5012667-5,00.html
How is this not holding his shirt???

Gav...

you got infront of me i was just about to post this pic
it is a disgrace these refs these days get some who can actually ref games fairly

weston

Yes he was getting held back..... And Matt Thompson was also giving Gumprecht a piddy back ride up the field at one stage of the game.... my point is the jets gave as good as they got.

loyalist

weston said:
Yes he was getting held back..... And Matt Thompson was also giving Gumprecht a piddy back ride up the field at one stage of the game.... my point is the jets gave as good as they got.
what exactly did they get off us?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Anybody know what minute that shirt pull was?  I've downloaded the game and I want to watch the replay. 
Watching Holland-gate - in the cross leading to the corner, Aloisi was blatantly held (again) - otherwise he would've been able to get in front of his defender and shoot.

Also, Shield only had a single player between himself and Holland.  This 'crowded penalty area' excuse is BS.

Can't tell much of what's happening in the melee after - though Covic came out to get involved, and everytime Danny did that, he's been booked.

Wasn't it a Newcastle player running into a coast player that started it all off though?  Typical. 

weston

forzamariners said:
weston said:
what exactly did they get off us?

When i said Thompson was giving Gumprecht a piddy back ride, this is what the situation was. Jets were making a break down the right. there were Mariners defenders around the ball....NO ONE...ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in the centre...Thompson is trying to run into the gapping hole only to have Gumprecht have his arms wrapped around him pulling him back to do everything he could to have slowed the player down and deny a great opportunity to score. I feel the player with the ball had a good chance of playing into the centre which would of left thompson one on one with Vukovic. Now if thats is not as bad as the Aloisi shirt pulling incident than what is??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred