• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Real Madrid v Barcelona

David Votoupal

Only 4 points separates the two, since Real Madrid have narrowed the gap in the second half of the season it seems. If Real win this it becomes a definite two-horse race.

tuftman

Wonder how much the Champions League is weighing on Guardiola's mind.

I think Barca might just edge it, but I'd say it'll be a high scoring game, 3-2 or maybe 4-3

RADINHO

this will be a beautiful game. its a shame im staying up 2 watch Man U and Middlesbrough and even Chlesea v Fulham :D

serious14

Holy. Mother. Of. F*ck.  Football cannot be this good...... surely??  SURELY??

Barcelona..... just.....

I am officially out of superlatives.  It was a Superclassico for f*ck's sake, you just don't do that.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Holy. Mother. Of. F*ck.  Football cannot be this good...... surely??  SURELY??

Barcelona..... just.....

I am officially out of superlatives.  It was a Superclassico for f*ck's sake, you just don't do that.
Barca were class............no doubt about that.

But you have to say for a team of their standing Real were shit in defence.

By the way Serious............that was an example of why you don't take them on at the pretty passing game ! ;)

Tassiemariner

I like Craig Foster have jizzed in there pants over Barcelona's performance.

I mean a superclassico ffs. simply amazing.

Chelsea will surely get owned on wednesday night.

marinersman

Without a doubt Barca are one of the greatest club sides in history. Their performance last night was beyond belief and had to been seen to fully appreciate how good this team is. As serious said above, it is difficult to put into words just how good they are.

Easily the finest team on the planet. It will take a disaster for them not to win the Champions League. Messi is the best player in the world with daylight first, second and third and barring injury will be for the next five years. The man is incredible and the best player since Ronaldinho.

Kareem

marinersman said:
Without a doubt Barca are one of the greatest club sides in history. Their performance last night was beyond belief and had to been seen to fully appreciate how good this team is. As serious said above, it is difficult to put into words just how good they are.

Easily the finest team on the planet. It will take a disaster for them not to win the Champions League. Messi is the best player in the world with daylight first, second and third and barring injury will be for the next five years. The man is incredible and the best player since Ronaldinho.
+ 1
Messi- just wow

serious14

Arab, I understand your point about Real's defending, but it's the fact that Barca have not only been doing this all season to pretty much everyone they have faced, but can turn it on when it really matters and aren't just "flat track bullies" (for lack of a better term).  Here's hoping they can repeat it Wednesday night/Thursday morning and knock the Blue thugs out of Europe.

From The Guardian at the Bernabeu:

3-May-2009-FC-Barcelona-s-005.jpg

The reality is that we've not beaten any of the grandes," Ramos shrugged sadly. "That tells you our genuine level."

But then, the other team in the portrait were Barcelona. The same Barcelona that have racked up an astonishing 100 league goals, just seven off the all-time record with four games remaining. They have scored a total of 146 in all competitions. Their goal difference is +78, for goodness sake. Even allowing for the fact that it's easier to score in La Liga than the Premier League the figures are unbelievable and they have 10 more Champions League goals than anyone left in the competition too. They are a side of often mind-blowing precision: there was a smooth simplicity about their goals last night and they almost scored one of the all-time greats, too, only for Messi somehow to miss from seven yards. They were practically walking the ball in, so good it looked easy, Xavi Hernandez completing a ludicrous 97 passes".

P.S.  Casillas made SEVEN saves in the first half and they still put three past him.....

RADINHO

i think this is one of the greatest futbol games of all time. If futbol had physics than Barcelona have defied it. how can any team beat 9 time UEFA champions league champions at their own fortress 6-2. only god can do that, but he was lazy so he got Barca to do it for him ;) 

Paolo

RADINHO said:
i think this is one of the greatest futbol games of all time. If futbol had physics than Barcelona have defied it. how can any team beat 9 time UEFA champions league champions at their own fortress 6-2. only god can do that, but he was lazy so he got Barca to do it for him ;) 
i fail to see what the accomplishments of past Real sides has to do with this game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred