• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Re: Grand Final "Parking"

From the dug out

A know that alot of us are going down by bus or train!

However,

If you are driving down, remember that Australia are playing India in a day/nighter at the SCG on the 24th as well. Their match starts at 2:15pm. They will be in before us and we possibly should get out before them, thats is as long as their match goes the distance.

Parking might be tuff, expect the unexpected. :pirashoot:

Aden

If anyone knows of some places down there where i may be able to park and is not far from the stadium  can u please let me know  as i will be driving down but  especially if we play the scum  parking should be a nightmare

kevrenor

Aden said:
If anyone knows of some places down there where i may be able to park and is not far from the stadium  can u please let me know  as i will be driving down but  especially if we play the scum  parking should be a nightmare
Fox studios will be full, Moore Park a disaster, the Girls School full - give up! 

If you have to drive park well away and catch a bus .... down near Central Station and catch the special buses from Chalmers Street

Mariner Girl

Absolutely no way am I drinking ANYWHERE near that place! I'ts a sh*t flight at the quietest of times. :headbutt:

I'll be driving to Rockdale station and meet up with everyone at the KB to soak it all up. Have to go to work on Monday so can't come up to Gosford for the post-match, but this will be the next best thing.  :grouphug:

FFC Mariner

Gordon Station or try around St Leonards.

Even the side streets in S Hills will be a nightmare so I wouldnt be taking the car over the bridge TBH.

S

striker

just a suggestion: park at qvb -york st car park (sunday flat rate $15.00) and catch a bus down anzac parade.

mariners4ever

well me and my parents are driving down to moore park  :( due to my dad not being able to walk very far and hates crowded buses  :( 

kepo

U should go into there by bus or train,
but if it must be car.

DO NOT PARK IN THE SCG ONE. Otherwise u will be there all night.

Park in the Sydney Boys High School Behind the SCG. It is so much easier to get out.
We park there every home sydney game. Good spot. $15 but worth it....  ;D

Central Buses go to and from the stadium pre an post match.

Good luck boys
:thumbup:

Aden

i have to be driving the family down cuz i have sick family members but i have a disabled sticker  on the car which will let me get disabled parking.  would it still be a stupid move to prk in the SCG car park even if i can get a disabled car park  due to  after the game having to get out of there etc  etc

S

striker

TICKETEK    
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                              Thursday 21 February 2008

Dear ticket holder,

To help you plan your trip to the Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final at
the Sydney Football Stadium, please review the following information
provided by Football Federation Australia (FFA), in consultation with
the NSW transport agencies.

As you know, the game kicks-off at 5pm, with gates opening at 3pm.

The options available to fans, as advised by the transport agencies, are
detailed below. For further information, visit the Sydney transport
website at www.131500.info or call them on 131 500.

TRAIN
- RailCorp will operate additional return rail services to Central
Station from Newcastle and/or Wyong stations commencing at 12.00pm for
Jets and Mariners fans.
- For timetable information visit www.131500.info
- Fans can save time and money by purchasing a 'Moore Park ticket'.
This all-in-one ticket includes your return rail journey to Central
Station and travel to and from the Sydney Football Stadium by bus.

BUS
- Sydney Buses will operate regular shuttle services to the SFS from
Central Station and Circular Quay.

DRIVE
- Parking for football fans has been arranged at Randwick Racecourse at
a flat rate of $10 per car. Entry is via High Street, Kensington.
- A free shuttle bus service will be in operation to and from the SFS
from Randwick Racecourse commencing from 2.30pm.
- Alternatively, fans from the Central Coast and Newcastle who are
planning on driving are encouraged to make use of car parking facilities
at Hornsby, Gordon, Waitara or Thornleigh stations on the North Shore
and Northern lines, and catch a train from one of these stations.

For more information, please refer to the following
http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/Event-Day-Parking.html

It is going to be a big day in the Moore Park precinct so plan your trip
and arrive early!

Regards,
Ticketek
www.ticketek.com

Kimba

I generally park around Artarmon, it's deserted on Sundays and free parking everywhere.

Also remember that the QE2 and Queen Victoria are coming into the harbour on Sunday arvo. The last time this happened, transport was a shambles everywhere. So maybe another option would be to park around Strathfield or any other mainline station and steer clear of the Harbour altogether.

greenpoint

One of my workmates supports Sydney FC and he always parks at Centennial Park for Sydney FC's afternoon matches. He reckons parking there is free and it's only about 5-10 minutes walk to the SFS. Just be aware that the park gates usually close at sunset.

With all the cricket fans at the SCG, though, there may not be many spaces available at Centennial Park either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred