• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 v Adelaide (home)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

this has been 'last season' level defending.
We're creating some attacks which is something, but we're not controlling the play through the mids - and our back line, they should all be utterly disgusted with themselves. If T isn't subbed off at half time, then the next goal is on Staj

Michael

You know what, GG, Stens, Tommy, Milan and Sammy have done their jobs. Ziggy and, aside from one good cross, Clisby have been horrific. Ruon too. Fox I don’t think has been bad but when the 3 other blokes in your backline are struggling you look just as bad.
Adelaides goals have been good, you can’t argue that. But we’ve proved we can deal with that until last week.
Our impressions that we finally had a solid back line can now be thrown in the bin.
And now our need for a striker with some cutting edge are that much more desperate. Muzz has been fed a few times today and yeah a few slightly over hit crosses too, but he needs to so much sharper in general. I’m not that confident when he’s receiving the ball right now.

Pirate Pete

Looking athe subs warming up one player is going through a thorough warm up. Now going down the tunnel. Sub soon?

turbo

I’d consider bringing Ziggy in to the middle and getting another RB (Miller?) on. Ziggy has been our best back today but that’s not a high bar. But we likely need to use our subs in attack.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I kind of feel like we need Simon - but the Simon who runs back to defend as well.
The following sentence is unrelated to the first one.
Muzz will never be a key striker. He might make a squaddie, but he isn't there yet. He's been getting in the right positions at times, but he doesn't have the x-factor.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Cisse 2.0 gets beat in mids, looks up, an AU player is 5 yards ahead of him. So Cisse 3.0 (I forgot that the Pommy one we had last year was Cisse 2.0) just jogs along to match pace behind. Laziest bloody player out there. You can't have lazy defenders.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We’ve broken you Captain. We need to chase this game not park the bus 2 down.
lol.....rose coloured glasses maybe. I'd be happy with a Simon who tries to get on the end of headers, drops back to defend, but doesn't touch the ball at all in the buildup for attack. Is that a reasonable request?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

shit.....that's a bit unfortunate. Clear pen. Not a lot in it, but can't argue there, just a bit careless. 2nd pen that GG has given away this season.

I can't even celebrate the save after what happened last time. It's only when the throw is taken that I know we're safe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred