• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 15 vs Western United

marinermick

Barring injury I guess it should be an unchanged starting eleven.

I feel we finally settling in a starting eleven and consistent formation. It has taken Staj half a season of tinkering to get here.

And we are finally getting contributions off the bench.

I feel we are in a good place at the moment.

onto it

Barring injury I guess it should be an unchanged starting eleven.

I feel we finally settling in a starting eleven and consistent formation. It has taken Staj half a season of tinkering to get here.

And we are finally getting contributions off the bench.

I feel we are in a good place at the moment.
The defence, midfield, and the over all, never say die, attitude have improved. There is a lot less dropping the bundle when behind. A lot of chances and half chances are being created.
We need some finishing now.

turbo

Whatever happened to Smylie?
Wasn’t it NPL for one of the Sydney teams? Maybe SU58?

Edit; google doing nothing for me here to confirm or deny. For whatever reason feels like one of those NYL names that bailed for NPL though I might be wrong.

Ozhammer

It’s GAME DAY! Spent a lovely day on the waterfront in Geelong yesterday and now getting ready to head to the Barwon Club for a pre-match meet and then on to the stadium.

Storms are forecast, so we might get a bit damp but that’s all part of the fun of an away trip. Hoping to catch up with the boys post game somewhere, where we can celebrate the win or lick our wounds. Either way we will be getting behind the team.
COYY!

marinermick

Last time we were in Geelong we drew 3-3 and came away from the game thinking Austin and Bingham were good footballers.

I wonder what random events this game will bring?

Forum Phoenix

Back to back wins... actually possible.

Biggest difference is they’re a better goal scoring side. Hoping Muzz is feeling confident and can build on his goal and Jair is hopefully continuing to get sharper and will start to put some away.

DDS has great skill on the ball but he needs to skin players in meaningful areas, link better with his team mates and do more of the simple work.

Someone said the other day when he has the bell the other players stop and watch him instead of making runs.

I think that’s true. But I think it’s because they genuinely have no idea what he will do, and I don’t think Danny does either.

In that second half and we had to push he functioned a lot better because as Milan does he simply was always looking to play forward, and as a result players made runs and he linked much better.

Will Staj tinker? If he does my guess it will be to bring GG into the lineup. But I hope we stay as we were.

Big Al

Wasn’t it NPL for one of the Sydney teams? Maybe SU58?

Edit; google doing nothing for me here to confirm or deny. For whatever reason feels like one of those NYL names that bailed for NPL though I might be wrong.
Still playing youth.

Pirate Pete

EOnZ2OjVUAAy-7J

marinermick

Why only 5 on the bench and no true CB cover? That seems a bit short-sighted to me.

Both Kim and Gallifucco can play there. Clisby provides cover out wide and Simon and McGlinchey give attacking options.

Bench looks well balanced to me.

MagpieMariner

Last time we were in Geelong we drew 3-3 and came away from the game thinking Austin and Bingham were good footballers.

I wonder what random events this game will bring?
That game we led 3-zip, hope something similar doesn't occur unless it's the other way around.

turbo

No discount kids prices for under 23’s on the flights or hotels
This. Would have to be a costs thing. As others have said we can play GG there that’s not a big issue, but that then means we’re light on midfield options. Clisby is more of a niche sub if Oar is having a shocker, might have been better to bring Nisbet or Ruiz Dias to cover other parts of the pitch. We’ve put our faith in the starters and weemac now.

Melange

5 on the bench seems very strange, I'm assuminging only 16 travelled? All it takes is a freak injury in warm up and there's a lot of eggs on faces.

Also feel for Nis and Ruiz-Dias

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami