• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd.13

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:
As for Slater, his SFC love came over v strongly in the pre game, he is almost in tears

Well, Sydney were shockers in the first half and only really came out to play in the 2nd.

They tried very hard to hold the ball in the 2nd and it was boring pass, one touch, back pass stuff a fair bit. They were so slack in their midfield (where was Musialik??) that Tiato when he came on as replacement for Miller (39m) was making inroads - Tiatto!  :eek:

Zullo was giving Cole headaches up the flanks, Minniecon on the other flank too.  At one stage, the replacement forward for Roar, Nichol looked like he'd get a one on one with Necevski but he got reined in by their defence.

Necevski was parrying the ball a fair bit. With Roar having some speedy wingers coming in, a fox like Miller hanging around forward occasionally and players like McKay sniffing around too, that's very dangerous.

Reddy wasn't much better. He nearly tipped a high ball into the back of his own net, but the defender on the line arched a header over.

Of the two teams, Roar showed more promise, used speed as a better attacking method than the passing technique of Sydney, and I don't think Sydney can take any consolation from that draw, other than the 1 point.

If Slater was in near tears before the match, he'd be looking for razor blades or a shotgun about now. Can I watch Robbie?

fedelta

clarence said:
Arabmariner said:
Blackadder said:
brennan said:
Oh
and Horrible crowd in Sydney

Lowest crowd in the history of Smurf FC.
What was the crowd?

TBF, there was the Andre Rieu concert out @ ANZ Stadium and next door to that @ The Acer Arena was Sheryl Crow and John Mellencamp.

Plus George St. Sydney was stuffed this arvo with a fire at Hungry Jack's and that caused mayhem getting out of the CBD.

And on top of all that, the weather was dodgy at best.

myself and forzamariners were at the Andre Rieu concert, missed the games tonight

FFC Mariner

The definitive Loloisi quote from an SFC poster:

Aloisi has finally proved, beyond all reasonable doubt, what a colossal waste of oxygen he is - watching that pathetic attempt on goal in the first half was like witnessing a 16 year old about to lose his virginity & blowing his load in his pants before he even takes them off.

Jerem

how do the nix do it!!!! smeltz is a top class finisher, unlike his melbourne adversary, sort of wish he was an aussie, onya nix

clarence

fedelt said:
myself and forzamariners were at the Andre Rieu concert, missed the games tonight

How was the show? What part did you like the best? The orchestra, the ice dancing or the waltzes? Did you get rained on? Expect full concert review in Other Stuff section ASAP. ;) ;D

More importantly did any of the 'Old Firm' call you guys out for a rucking? :thumbup:

FFC Mariner

clarence said:
fedelt said:

How was the show? What part did you like the best? The orchestra, the ice dancing or the waltzes? Did you get rained on? Expect full concert review in Other Stuff section ASAP. ;) ;D

More importantly did any of the 'Old Firm' call you guys out for a rucking? :thumbup:

Apparently the Upper N shore Bridge Club kicked it off big time after the gig.

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:
clarence said:
fedelt said:

Apparently the Upper N shore Bridge Club kicked it off big time after the gig.

That decaffeinated latte does it every time. They can't keep off the stuff. They should learn to control their intake of the hard stuff you know?

Redline

Greenpoleffc said:
The definitive Loloisi quote from an SFC poster:

Aloi$i has finally proved, beyond all reasonable doubt, what a colossal waste of oxygen he is - watching that pathetic attempt on goal in the first half was like witnessing a 16 year old about to lose his virginity & blowing his load in his pants before he even takes them off.

THat's awesome.

I actually got to see both these games.

The Nix really played well in their game, great result to them to beat MV and I really think they outplayed MV. The first two goals in that game was very scrappy (as were both goals in the Syd vs Qld game) but it looked to be a great crowd there which is good to see, and great result for us as well with MV held back from racing out front and makes the mix very tight in the top 4 or 5.

The Syd v Qld game....I can understand why the crowd was poor...if I was an SFC fan, I wouldn't have travelled all the way in to the city from out west, gotten drenched, watch my out of form side get outplayed and only manage a draw due to a very very scrappy goal, and then travelled all the way out home, soaking wet.

And Smeltz is a class player...he was lucky not to get a yellow card at one point though...he lashed out in a similar manner to Joel.

And I would love to see Fred and Daniel on the park together.

kepo

Countryhick said:
The Syd v Qld game....I can understand why the crowd was poor...if I was an SFC fan, I wouldn't have travelled all the way in to the city from out west, gotten drenched, watch my out of form side get outplayed and only manage a draw due to a very very scrappy goal, and then travelled all the way out home, soaking wet.
Somes up most people's attitudes, traffic was horrible as well.
But we weren't out played in the 2nd half we looked like scoring at least 5-6 times.
Just unlucky. Will be a long week ahead.

kepo

fwiw we won last night

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=675785

Sydney Escape with a win against Roar

LMAO

Redline

kepo said:
fwiw we won last night

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=675785

Sydney Escape with a win against Roar

LMAO

haha. Great work ninemsn.

I disagree with you though...I don't think you looked like scoring 5 or 6 times...maybe 3 or 4 times...Though after Reddys stuff up SFC played a lot better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred