• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 12 - NYE vs Perth

marinermick

Perth are a better side than when we last played but so are we.

Staj had a clear tactic last time with the false nine, getting behind the outside defenders early and running their front three ragged. How much can he implement this time without Popovic being blindslided?

true believer

merry christmas all . i watched perth again , they are a scary bunch of bastards and they'll be looking for us .
i think we may be starting to rebuild the fortress . but if they get a rhythm they'll sink us in 15 minutes .
in staj we trust .

turbo

We’ve got to take the game to them just like with Sydney or Adelaide. That front 3 isn’t as dangerous if we’re in their half but we need to be wary of the counter.

I don’t think their defenders are as good or established as Adelaide and Sydney’s so we should have chances if we play positive football.

style_cafe

Perth will be trying to atone for the previous loss against us so I expect them to be into us right from the start.
We can`t concede an early goal against them,so it has to be park the bus for the first 20-30mins and catch them on the counter.
After that we can start wearing them down and pushing forward....:popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

Agree, I think Perth are going to lift for this, but I actually think we will too.

They’re a better squad pound for pound and with more depth, but a lot will go down to how Staj sets up to stop Popovic.

He seems to always prepare well. Can’t wait.

Oh and a very Merry Christmas everyone.

style_cafe

I can`t see Staj changing anything from last game unless someone is injured or is sick.
With the Xmas break i`m not sure of the training arrangements so I don`t think our prep time has
been long enough to swap things up...:popcorn:

Justin Cooney

It’ll be good to have some old faces in the bay, has anyone hit up Fish? Sure he’d love to come back. Or maybe even Darren Jones.

priorpeter

“Sure he’d love to come back” riiighhht. After he became a WSW member, and then a jets member, and actively worked to cut ties with anyone involved with CCM - I highly doubt it.

Justin Cooney

“Sure he’d love to come back” riiighhht. After he became a WSW member, and then a jets member, and actively worked to cut ties with anyone involved with CCM - I highly doubt it.
Well it is retro round, why don’t we try to get the Coastie Boys back? There will be a spot on the fence for their banner, I’m also very keen for some old chants to come back on NYE (hope you all don’t mind if we join in) :cheers:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami