• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ray Hadley says Craig Thompson is a Mariner Community Officer

midfielder

Anyone know if this is true .... on his radio show on 2GB Ray Hadley said Craig Thompson was employed as a Community Liaison Officer by the Mariners ... with two charities calling the show saying he [Craig] has called on them representing the club...

If not true the club should make a very loud statement .... if true IMO arguably the dumbest decision the club has ever made ...

Yoda

Anyone know if this is true .... on his radio show on 2GB Ray Hadley said Craig Thompson was employed as a Community Liaison Officer by the Mariners ... with two charities calling the show saying he [Craig] has called on them representing the club...

If not true the club should make a very loud statement .... if true IMO arguably the dumbest decision the club has ever made ...
Club denied it on twitter last week......

@ccmariners: We haven't. "RT @CorbinJennings: Surely the @ccmariners haven't hired Craig Thomson as a community liaison officer.. #Aleague #auspol"

sydmariner

Whatabout signing Liam reddy wasn't that even dumber

hasbeen

If Ray Hadley said it, it's not true.*

*General rule I apply. Very rarely fails me.

I spoke with Mr. Hadley on the phone last night Dibo, and he said you were a fine, upstanding, intelligent member of our community ...

midfielder

your gunna have to get a shower, fitted in your office. that's assault.
I hope you charged triple time and extreme danger money.

For what its worth she works at the Macquarie Shopping Centre in North Ryde ... they [roughly 4 people] have 2GB on all day [maybe should not do her tax any-more] ... any old how she was very upset and she told me they were discussing this among themselves and anyone who wondered in ...

Our club was made to look and sound HHHMmmmmm well not in a great light ... the interesting part [remember this is coming from a GB groupie] was the two charities she said phoned in and said Craig called and said he was representing the club... where / why / how maybe over with anyway ..... given few football fans listen to him anyway it still does damage to the overall acceptance of our code ... Hadley hates football and he has been crying for a CC RL team for yonks

Just an update for you ... 2GB is changing its name or call sign .... new call sign is 2TP ..... [TP is Tea Party}

midfielder

Just on RH ... I remember yonks back when he and Phil Gould totally bagged out a Socceroo match ... and many players travelled from Europe to play and I remember saying to myself he is a first class ***t ... it is published and recorded somewhere but I don't have time to find it ..

Pokes

Hi Guys,

Craig Thompson is not an employee of the club.

“The Club’s Group General Manager Peter Turnbull wishes to advise that Mr. Craig Thompson is not employed by the football club in any capacity whatsoever. There has been recent press speculation that he held the position of “Community Relations Manager” but this is not correct. Mr. Thompson has never held any position with the FC.
We thank Mr. Thompson for his past services in his role as a Federal Member of Parliament.”

This was stipulated to the Ray Hadley show also.

priorpeter

Apparently he's been going around offering his services as a Community Liaison Officer to several organisations on the coast, all of which have rejected him.

midfielder

Hi Guys,

Craig Thompson is not an employee of the club.

This was stipulated to the Ray Hadley show also.

Most unlikely that Tea Party AM would miss represent the truth ... like its the ALP and Football two things close to RH's heart I am sure...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred