• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Random sighting of Mariners gear

style_cafe

I was in Kiama yesterday (27/12/11) & saw a young kid wearing a Mariner`s shirt.I must admit I felt proud to see our colours worn that far from home.

Has anyone else seen Mariner`s gear worn randomly(not game related)& where?

I wonder just how far our supporter net is.

Muppet

I was on holidays in Vietnam recently and wore my Mariners shirt while I was there. Funnily enough in Hanoi I came across someone wearing a Sydney FC shirt. Again when I was in Saigon I saw someone wearing a Roar short. Is t a case of have short will travel?

Wombat

In July I was on Sanur beach in Bali in July this year wearing a Mariners singlet.

At the same beachfront restaurant was a man and his family....he was wearing a CCM cap so on the way back from the bar I gave him a pat on the back and told him I liked his hat....much to the delight of his two young sons.

Funnily enough on the last day we gave the singlet and some other clothes to the local massage girls/hawkers on the beach along with loads of tea/coffee/toiletries etc. The pretty girl I gave it to, took one look at it and decided to use it as a swag bag to carry the other goodies away in. so I'm tipping she had never heard of the mariners!

cbowden9000

I was wearing my Mariners jersey in Valletta, Malta last year and bumped into a man wearing a Brisbane Roar shirt. He was actually English and on holidays in Malta, but his son is living in Australia and sent him over the shirt.

MrCelery

Didn't see any A-League gear in 3 months in Europe apart from my own!

Neither saw any NRL/AFL gear, which was a pleasant surprise.

Marinerstour2006.jpg

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley)

was visiting friends down in the gong when we played the roar away. went to the local to watch the game wearing my mariners jersey and came across another guy in a mariners shirt.

curious though, he was watching the cricket instead of the mariners game.

MagpieMariner

Haven't seen any Mariners gear but saw a Mariners player - Matt Simon. Went into a little cafe in Davistown Christmas Eve and there's Matty having a feed with his fiancee. I congratulated him on his performance the night before and then left them alone.
When he finished and was leaving, he made a point of wishing my wife and I Merry Christmas. Class act Matty, he'll probably never see me again but still prepared to say a few words to a supporter. This is what I love about our club and our players - not up themselves, willing to give a bit of their time to the fans.

Jerem

i love the term "having a feed"
like a rooster and hen or cows grazing. . .
but true, do like the idea that they make efforts (seemingly inane)
like that, ive proudly worn the yellow riding my bike in the Ntherlands!!

garlo

I saw Griff at Brisbane airport day after the gf last year ..wearing my mariners shirt ..just a nod was enough ...love our boys always good to the fans !

style_cafe

It`s a strange feeling when you see someone wearing the gear,you give the nod or the smile but you really want yell "GO THE MARINERS".

Wombat

Didn't see any A-League gear in 3 months in Europe apart from my own!

Neither saw any NRL/AFL gear, which was a pleasant surprise.

Marinerstour2006.jpg

I hope you washed that shirt!
You might have to get it a passport.
Thanks for posting some great pics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member