• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8: CCM v Perth @ Gosford

MagpieMariner

Myself, son-in-law & 2 grandsons will be there. Worried about short turnaround, Perth in good form, our legs may be found wanting late on, especially with Keogh up front. I think significant that Perth were the only winners last round.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Maybe just maybe Perth will have some mind wanders about what we did to em last time and thus, we might do it again
Also Kenny Lowe might lay low since he had to take a forced vacation after the drawn game

FFC Mariner

Going to football with my dad and grand father is one of my most treasured memories. Night games most of all on a school night.

There are only so many opportunities and then its gone forever. School will always be there as will work but the times you can go together are finite. One day it will be the last time.

Big Al

Mariners squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 24.Reece PAPADIMITRIOS **two to be omitted**
Ins: 3.Scott GALLOWAY (return from injury), 13.Kwabena APPIAH (promoted), 24.Reece PAPADIMITRIOS (promoted)

Galloway back and Reece makes his first list inclusion but you'd expect him to miss out.

See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...kz5k1m3wme51t15pr8nb0fof#sthash.iiHsuCcr.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...jkz5k1m3wme51t15pr8nb0fof#qy11tsx2iEiPA5rg.99

Big Al

If Galloway is fit should we play him at CB with McGing
Or on the left instead of Neill and play Ashcroft and McGing

Forum Phoenix

Don't forget kickoff not till 7.50pm so hopefully plenty can get back from Sydney and hopefully no parents pay attention
Yeah I don't finish till 7:30. But hopefully that helps get some numbers along - haven't even had time to give my memberships to someone to use either unfortunately.

Wombat

Mariners squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 24.Reece PAPADIMITRIOS **two to be omitted**
Ins: 3.Scott GALLOWAY (return from injury), 13.Kwabena APPIAH (promoted), 24.Reece PAPADIMITRIOS (promoted)

Galloway back and Reece makes his first list inclusion but you'd expect him to miss out.

See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...kz5k1m3wme51t15pr8nb0fof#sthash.iiHsuCcr.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...jkz5k1m3wme51t15pr8nb0fof#qy11tsx2iEiPA5rg.99

Yes, Reece didnt scream HAL standard although i saw him score an absolute beauty

Pirate Pete

Going to football with my dad and grand father is one of my most treasured memories. Night games most of all on a school night.

There are only so many opportunities and then its gone forever. School will always be there as will work but the times you can go together are finite. One day it will be the last time.

Couldn't agree more. Going to a night game with my Mum & Dad in the 70's. Especially a League Cup game, playing a team from a higher division.
I might have been the tired kid in class next day, but I was the kid who went to the football.:)
Or a promotion game, having to get there 2 hours before kick off to get in. Not many all ticket games in those days. Then being bored sh*tless for 2 hours before the game started. My son brings his tablet to play games on these days.

* My son has now made the correct decision and is coming. We'd better win. I've swapped shifts with someone as I wasn't going to finish work until 9.30.

Last edited:

Big Al

Mariners boss says Thursday game will struggle to attract fans

Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp has taken a shot at FFA over its inflexibility with match scheduling. Picture: Peter Clark

Central Coast chief executive Shaun Mielekamp has hit out at Football Federation Australia, saying he does not understand the benefits of being forced to play a Thursday night game that will struggle to pull 4000 fans.

The Mariners are also upset at having to play Perth tonight at Central Coast Stadium on a four-day turnaround following their 1-1 draw with Newcastle in last Sunday’s F3 derby.

While Glory are making the long trip to Gosford, they will at least have had a six-day break since their 3-1 win in Adelaide.

“We will cop grief from the FFA and supporters when this situation is totally out of the club’s hands,” Mielekamp said yesterday. “We are trying to understand what the actual benefits of this one are because it does not help our club or Perth. It’s a school and work day on Friday and Perth won’t bring any fans, so we’re looking at a crowd of about 4000.

“People will look at that and ask questions about us again.”

Mielekamp revealed that the club had sought help before the draw was made in July in relation to struggling Central Coast families being on tight budgets and having to prioritise.

“One thing we stressed to FFA that was important for us is the timing of any back-to-back matches at Gosford,” he said.

“There’s a really heavy burden for families to have to go back-to-back weeks. We really wanted to try and stretch the home games out.

“To have a Thursday night match against Perth leading into a Western Sydney match at home (December 3) means the chances of getting a crowd here against Perth are nearly non-existent, and then they double hit us with a short turnaround for our team preparation.

“It makes us wonder about the (FFA) priorities and how this one came together. It was the one part of the draw we formally requested to change. We did that 30 seconds after we saw it, but they — the previous administration in charge at the time — told us there was nothing they could do because it would affect the draw.”

An FFA spokesman said all clubs had to play a Thursday night game. “There are a limited number of Thursday night games in the draw which affect the rest and recovery periods for the teams.

Mariners coach Paul Okon said the short turnaround was not ideal but a fact of life.

“This sort of stuff is part and parcel of the game. Obviously Perth have had an extra couple of days to prepare but we are not going to use this as an excuse,” he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/854c93c1944a47cd9d40973d40b751e8

pjennings

I agree with Shaun - Thursday night for a commuter town is ridiculous. Any crowd over 5000 will be a bonus. However, a good performance, especially a win to get us in the top 6 can set the season for a better run crowd wise for the rest of the season. In the remaining 9 games at CCS after today we still have Timmy FC twice as well as WSW, SFC and the Jets

Atomic

The Old Girl and I will be there. I'm coming straight from work. I must admit that I'm struggling to keep my eyes open at the moment. It's been a long day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred