• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22 F3 Derby away

Antlion

Pub by 11 for hoole
On that note:
Door could be open for Hoole return
MARCH 12, 2019
Mariners winger Andrew Hoole looks set to be the biggest immediate beneficiary of Alen Stajcic’s arrival, with the club confirming the incoming coach will be able to select Hoole for Saturday’s F3 derby if he wants despite a code of conduct charge hanging over him.

Hoole was dropped by previous coach Mike Mulvey for Saturday’s 8-2 horror loss to Wellington that precipitated Mulvey’s sacking, after Hoole posted photographs of himself on social media apparently breaching a club ban on drinking alcohol.

Hoole was sent a show-cause notice by the club for a breach of the club code of conduct on Friday, and has until this Friday to respond, with a variety of sanctions available to the Mariners if they deem him guilty.

But with Stajcic emphasising that he wanted to treat players “with a clean slate”, CEO Shaun Mielekamp said whether Hoole returned to the squad to face Central Coast on Saturday would be a decision for the new coach.

Complicating matters, Hoole reported a slight groin strain at the end of Tuesday’s training session, and will be monitored through the week to see if he is fit to play.

“Hooley wasn’t suspended last week, he was simply not selected by Mike Mulvey,” Mielekamp said. “In terms of this weekend, we have to see if he’s fit first, and see how he responds to the show-cause notice.

141861c3a70dfa508fd1ba61017e0489

Central Coast Mariners winger Andrew Hoole’s (left) Instagram picture of him and former Sydney FC star David Carney at Randwick races a couple of days after the Mariners agreed on a no-drinking policy.
“But without prejudging the case in any way, it will be for Alen to decide if he’s in the right state to play, and whether he wants to select him.”

Stajcic said he would discuss the rules around the team with his coaching staff, including the ban on alcohol, but wanted to give every player the chance to start afresh.“

That’s an issue for us to discuss as a coaching group and as a club to see which is the best way forward,” he said. “For me, when a new coach comes in, in a lot of respects,it’s got to be a clean slate for the group and the club and to know that we can move forward in a positive way.

“We always reflect on the past but we can’t live in the past so whatever’s happened before is not really relevant to today moving forward.”

https://outline.com/3PCkgp

NoDiggity

Just a quick update on today’s training (it just finished, was a really long session).

The formation they were playing was a 4-5-1 (hooray!)
Kennedy
Clisby, Aspro, Miller, Millar
Connor, gem, Tom h, melling, Mallon
Murray

Gem, Tom h and melling were all rotating into different positions between them.

They then swapped to another 4-5-1 that was set:
Clisby, Aspro, graham, Miller
Millar

Matt Millar striker in second session. Maybe this was for cover in case Jordan needs to come off, as we don’t have any real strikers that could replace.

Cheers

Timmah

Hooley Tommy Pain & Shabow in, M'Mombwa & Glassock out.

Central Coast Mariners squad:
1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITS, 3.Jack CLISBY, 6. Tom HIARIEJ, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY,11.Connor PAIN, 17.Peter KEKERIS, 18.Matt MILLAR, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 24.Joe GAUCI (gk), 25.Jordan MURRAY, 26.Josh NISBET, 28.Sam GRAHAM, 29.Stephen MALLON, 33.Lewis MILLER,68.Jem KARACAN
***Two to be omitted***

Ins: 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Tom HIARIEJ (return from injury), 11.Connor PAIN, 23.Mario SHABOW (return from injury)

Outs: 27.Charles M’MOMBWA & 34.Michael GLASSOCK

Unavailable: 10.Tommy OAR (knee inury), 13.Aiden O’Neill (international duty), 15.Kye ROWLES (international duty), 19.Matt SIMON (suspended), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf)

Michael

Just a quick update on today’s training (it just finished, was a really long session).

The formation they were playing was a 4-5-1 (hooray!)
Kennedy
Clisby, Aspro, Miller, Millar
Murray

Gem, Tom h and melling were all rotating into different positions between them.

They then swapped to another 4-5-1 that was set:
Clisby, Aspro, graham, Miller
Millar

Matt Millar striker in second session. Maybe this was for cover in case Jordan needs to come off, as we don’t have any real strikers that could replace.

Cheers

Absolute champion for providing the training update mate, same goes to the others that have done it this season. Priceless.

I’d say the first line up will probably be the one for this weekend. Makes the most sense and is one of our stronger ones (don’t hold your breath)
The idea of Millar up front hurts my brain. Is youth Miller a lefty or righty? I’ve got it in my head he’s a lefty so that also hurts my brain to have 2 left footed full backs. ie; Rowles at RB starting the season.

Forum Phoenix

Just want to see 4 at the back and 2 banks of 4 close together - we can build from there
This so much.

Sick to death of how easy we make it for teams. This is something I’m confident we’ll at least see change under Staj.

But I personally still think we’re short in defence and at the pointy end.

Outside our starting 11, Kekeris is the only legitimate attacking sub I think we have.

Last edited:

NoDiggity

Also staj had a 15 minute
This so much.

Sick to death of how easy we make it for teams. This is something I’m confident we’ll at least see change under Staj.

But I personally still think we’re short in defence and at the pointy end.

Outside our starting 11, Kekeris is the only legitimate attacking sub I think we have.
and i think this is why we saw Matt Millar training at striker today. If during the game Matt Murray cops a knock and can’t play on, who do we put as a striker? Maybe Connor & kekeris can cover. But I think staj was just playing around with other options.

Two other things to note from training today that I didn’t mention prior:
1. Before training when most players were getting strapped/ massages from physios, Staj sat down with Hoole for a 1 on 1 chat that lasted about 15mins.

2. There were more mariner staff there than I’ve ever seen, and Shaun did elude to us investing in more staff. 2 strength & conditioning coach’s, 4 coaches (Staj, monty, junna, Staj’s mate), a video analysis guy who was recording everything & the normal training staff.

Wombat

Absolute champion for providing the training update mate, same goes to the others that have done it this season. Priceless.

I’d say the first line up will probably be the one for this weekend. Makes the most sense and is one of our stronger ones (don’t hold your breath)
The idea of Millar up front hurts my brain. Is youth Miller a lefty or righty? I’ve got it in my head he’s a lefty so that also hurts my brain to have 2 left footed full backs. ie; Rowles at RB starting the season.

Righty.

soccer mad

I just want the boys to give the scummers a tough time I'm past results just don't disgrace the club they represent.

Wombat

I took us for a win or draw at 3.1 to 1. (win is 8-1) If Scum win i with be looking to Big Al for a refund!

Josho Howe

100% chance of rain up there tomorrow. Pitch will be ripped up by the NRL on tonight. A scrappy affair may suit us.

Ozhammer

If Hoole plays any part in tomorrow’s game, then the club really has lost any credibility and will have sold its soul.

Rather worryingly, I am hearing that Staj thinks Hoole is a top quality player and that is after saying he has watched a lot of our games! At this rate I can honestly see him getting another deal to stay with the club. FFS, just how disrespectful does this little pr1ck need to be before he gets his comeuppance?

We will be going up for the game tomorrow more out of loyalty than any kind of expectation tbh but perhaps we can jag a result without Hooley being there to fcuk it up?

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred