• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R21 away: The 40th F3 Derby @ Scumdome

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Frustrating that we couldn't take this out with all their players missing. Really felt a lack of firepower and confidence up front.
Except for the goal our scramble defence was a marked improvement. Pain had a good game. Fab.....mixed feelings about his game. Lacked intensity, but a draw is still forward momentum.

Big Al

Last 30mins was horrible, kept turning the ball over, was no link between the backs and forwards like there was in first half.

Very ordinary but defence held firm and the ball bounced our way.

Has Paulo got all he can out of these guys?

Appiah tries hard but has the touch of an elephant, Trent didn't get much time but was horrible again. Pain was better was in the game but still out of form. Fab and Roy don't link at all. Totally disjointed attack.

Just lucky Jets are shit

pjennings

We didn't deserve to win. Jets didn't deserve to win. Hoffman deserved a red.

At the end of the day I was expecting us to be the one to get the winner and finally be one of those teams that win despite not playing well.

Wombat

At 70 mins I was happy to take the draw. Still we should have won it in extra time but we didnt deserve it as we were woeful in the second half. We totally outsung the Bogans so that was good also the scum fans were the best behaved i've ever seen them...almost like normal humans???

Izzo..great game. maybe should have done better on the goal but probably expected his defenders to challenge for the ball. 7.5
Roux.....easily the worst of the back four constantly leaving players unmarked. This bloke is a coach killer. 5.
Galloway.....decent game and a well taken goal, can you teach the others how to place a ball in the net? It was Rose not Galloway that allowed the cross but Gallo and Posco made no attempt to challenge the scummer's header. 7.5
Posco......should have done way better on their goal but apart from that had a good game. 7
Rose......my MOM. Only blemish was to allow the cross but that was a middies effort not a genuine defender and he will learn to cut those crosses out. Tough in the tackle and very composed. His best game of the year. 8.5
Fab.....why didnt he slot it when one on one with the keeper??????? Did some good things but overall a frustrating game. 6.5
Monty.....good game. LOL on the backheel and the corners were shite again. 7.
McGing.....ok but not really starting 11 if we want to make the semi's next year 6.
Appiah.....not terrible but lacks a bit of class and confidence. Trys hard. We actually went downhill when he went off but not sure if that was a coincidence. 6.5
Pain.....huge improvement on last week. 7.
Royo.....average, good workrate but timing and positioning not perfect. Not a target man today. 6.

Good day out.

Last edited:

LFCMariners

Negatives:

• The finishing in the final 1/3rd of the field. So many chances were squandered by a lack of precision. Should've had at least 3 goals considering the respective line-ups and how many times we got a breakaway. They'll get well and truly punished for squandering chances like that against Sydney. A point is a point, but the Jest were there for the taking and we couldn't finish them off in clinical fashion like Sydney or the Tards would've.
  • The kerfuffle in the bay with 5 minutes to go. I don't know the full story but I'm sure the it will come out soon enough. Either way, it was those last 5 minutes where we really needed to be in full voice and do everything we could to will that second goal and instead people got distracted by some petty stand-off. I get that alcohol and a tense games does things to the length of peoples' fuses, but to see people squaring off and trying to fight one another instead of being unified in those crucial dying minutes of a game is just embarrassing...

Positives:

• Kokko's goal aside, the amount of 1 on 1 clashes that CCM retrieved the ball from was pleasing, as was the ability of our backs to catch up with and wall in the Jest attacking players when they'd try to breakaway with nobody between themselves and the goal.
  • Despite their inability to close, the forwards at least able to get up to the final 1/3rd with speed time and time again and evade the Jest defenders.
  • Izzo. Yet another Mariners keeper who continually shines. Is my memory wrong or do we always seem to be blessed with decent goalies?
  • The away support- best I've seen at Hunter Stadium in probably 9 years. It was so good to see our bay completely full and then some. The Bay 16 atmosphere the last game I went to (vs Perth last month) was great as well, and today gives me further hope that the dark days of "The split" circa 2009 are well and truly past. It seems that quite a few of the kids from back then have got older and are now fully involved with our active support which is really promising and I loved getting involved today. I haven't watched the game back yet, but I barely heard The Squadron all afternoon and we brought more than either of their supporter groups (split of their own, I believe?) The team might've let 2 points go to waste, but we well and truly won the Battle In The Stands by a stone cold knockout. I can't remember so comprehensively out-doing the home support up there since the semi back in Season 1! :overheadl::shoutclap:

Last edited:

rbakersmith

The kerfuffle in the bay with 5 minutes to go. I don't know the full story but I'm sure the full story will come out soon. Either way, it was those last 5 minutes where we really needed to be in full voice and do everything we could to will that second goal and instead people got distracted by some petty stand-off. I get that alcohol and a tense games does things to the length of peoples' fuses, but to see people squaring off and trying to fight one another instead of being unified in those crucial dying minutes of a game is just embarrassing...

It was to do with the big flag that was being held up - nobody for several rows back could see what was going on, which was a problem since the action was down our end of the field. People were yelling at the guy holding the flag to put it down, but he either couldn't hear or was ignoring them - in any case a bloke who was standing near me went down the front to get the flag down. He certainly could have gone about it in a better way (particularly since the flagpole would have collected a few people), but the situation wasn't helped by the guys down the front who were pushing and shoving. After the game the guy with the flag came back up in the bay and made up with the bloke who went down, but the whole situation marred what was otherwise a good time in the active bay.

As someone who usually occupies the rarefied atmosphere of Bay 38 I get that it was the active bay and that the flag is part of active support, but I don't think it would have killed anybody to wait until the ball was away from our goal before holding it up. At the same time the whole thing could have been handled a lot better by everyone involved - drinking, a tense game & being in the sun for 2 hours aren't really good excuses when we're all supposed to be on the same team.

COYY

midfielder

Watched all games this weekend ... our squad needs to be strengthen ...

I hope Okon gets to keep who he wants and gets some new players in ... I lost count on how many times we turned over the ball cheaply ... I don't care if Storm goes he can attack but he is a defender first and foremost and he struggles in defence.... to hard to make a call of the board ... hopefully Rogic will transfer and we get a nice big transfer fee to buy some decent players ... yes I know he is out for months again...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
the Bay was brilliant (apart from that flag waving nuftys brainsnap), Rose the Younger was on fire , Gallo and Connor was having a dig...Izz an Posco had their moments, but I got the feeling that we have gone backwards, ...woeful last 20-25 mins, lucky the Jests couldn't finish a sentence, just like us ....Fabio seems to have lost his nerve , he got within kooey of the goal and either fell over or passed it sideways...we need to find another corner taker quick, I reckon for the rest of the year we should be doing 4-4-2 and have Bingaz AND Royo up front ....amazing things may happen (like another 3peat)

Tevor

Second game in a row I was calling for fresh legs just after 60 mins, either Okon has no faith in the bench or it's all about fitness but I was surprised we held on when every player was walking and spent. Cannot help but think he played for a draw and saved two subs for the last 10 to waste time. Interesting tactics.

soccer mad

Its hard stay positive sometimes, But I need to vent on the amount of ball we gave away and for the most part put ourselves under pressure with silly passes . I always felt that our midfield hasn't been cohesive since Tav was injured his experience was vital . I just thought after almost a season our passing would be smoother with Paul at the helm . We can't blame inexperience the team has had plenty of football this year.

yorkshireman

Roux.....easily the worst of the back four constantly leaving players unmarked. This bloke is a coach killer. 5..

Have to agree with this, same against the Victory. He looks to have something to give when going forward but his marking in defense is horrific. If he'd been in place for the goal, Rose would have been more central meaning Galloway wouldnt have been left to defend the header (not that he really did but thats a different point). was very disappointed to see him overrun a ball in midfield when attacking and then just watch it get picked up by the Jets and start attacking our end. I'd even be tempted to go down to a 3!!!

style_cafe

For mine, Roy is about 1-2 metres in front of where he should be, just needs to hold his run a little bit. Would like to see Kubi and Pain swap sides every now and again, just to break up their defence, with pain to cut back in and get shot in on his left foot from the RHS.

COYY
He hasn`t done that all season but it`s always a good ploy & often results in a goal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred