• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R14: Central Coast Mariners FC vs Melbourne City FC

kevrenor

Sunday, 4 January 2015

Central Coast Mariners FC v Melbourne City FC
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Kick-Off:
5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

Referee: Peter Green (our win rate with Peter Green is positive)
Assistant Referee 1:Allyson Flynn
Assistant Referee 2:Jonathan Barreiro
Fourth Official:Adam Gehrig

TV Broadcast:Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)

Radio Broadcast:92.5 ABC Central Coast, 774 ABC Melbourne, Local Radio VIC, Grandstand Digital, Online/ABC Radio Mobile phone app
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #CCMvMCY

Central Coast Mariners FC Squad: 1. Matt NASH (rgk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Zac ANDERSON, 7.John HUTCHINSON (c), 8.Nick MONTGOMERY, 9.Mitchell DUKE, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Nick FITZGERALD, 12.Liam REDDY (gk), 15.Matt SIM, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Richard VERNES, 18.Glen TRIFIRO, 19.Matt SIMON, 23.Isaka CERNAK, 25.Eddy BOSNAR
***two to be omitted***

Ins: 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (returns from injury), 16.Liam ROSE (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 6.Brent GRIFFITHS (injury – indefinite), 21.Michael Neill (injury – indefinite???)

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (C), 27, Ross ARCHBALD
***one to be omitted***

Ins: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (returns from injury), 18.Paulo RETRE (promoted)
Outs: 25.Jacob MELLING (suspended, accumulation - 1 week)
Unavailable: 8.Massimo MURDOCCA (ankle – 1 week), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (back strain – 1-2 weeks)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
as long as we dont get flogged, I'll be happy...because season is pretty much over, boys may as well have fun

scoober

as long as we dont get flogged, I'll be happy...because season is pretty much over, boys may as well have fun
I agree. In knowing and accepting that fact we should be giving Kalik, Rose and the likes of, some real serious game time. They are the future

VicMariner

I tend to disagree.
Preseason is for experimenting. Even if we are mathematically gone we should still go out with the intent to win.
We shouldn't be there to make up the numbers.
There is always pride at stake.

MagpieMariner

We should also be doing our damnedest to upset the opponents' run into the finals. I agree the time for blooding the youngsters is the pre-season, with the occasional run off the splinter for experience.
If we bring in a stack of youngsters and they cop a flogging, it could do serious damage to their confidence and serious damage to increasing our crowds. Spectators pay good money to come to a match and potential fans are not going to be converted into actual fans from watching the "boys" get taken apart by the men.

pjennings

I also disagree. There are still 42 points available. With the right reinforcements we can look at picking up 25 points. Add that to the 9 we have and we may well squeak into the 6th. The top 4 look pretty secure - but all of 5 - 8 look iffy. A win against City would be a good start. That doesn't mean we don't give some youngsters a run. Just that it needs to be done carefully.

I

kevrenor

I agree. In knowing and accepting that fact we should be giving Kalik, Rose and the likes of, some real serious game time. They are the future

And if they are potentially better than what we have been putting on the park, then it is neither experimenting nor running dead. The successful clubs are using their youth, so should we,

Bladesman

And if they are potentially better than what we have been putting on the park, then it is neither experimenting nor running dead. The successful clubs are using their youth, so should we,

The youngsters probably couldn't do worse than some of the current team and if they did we should be getting rid of them quick smart as they can't have much of a future.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Duke's having a cracker. Jeez that first goal was a cracker. As for the second goal....while it was fortunate that it wasn't, we should've had the penalty.

Reddy's killing it too, although that header save should've been a goal, that header should've been directed to the corner. Still a cracker of a save, but it wasn't the best option by the striker.

Bladesman

Was surprised by the selections but what a good first half in particular. Reddy, Posco, Caceras, cernak, Tricky and Duke were all outstanding well supported by the others.

Looked to be playing a more 4-4-2 with Triff pushing forward as almost a second striker. Cracking finishing from our winger standing in as a forward :).

Loved Bosnars passion at the end, looks good on his return to the team.

gull

Wow - I forgot how good it feels when we win!

Great game from the whole team tonight. It's amazing what we can do when we actually have a go, rather than try to bore the other team into submission.

Go Mariners!!

Big Al

Well done boys.
We finally took our limited chances. Two shots two goals to Duke. Pity Sim couldn't do same at end.
This time we had some luck in defence. As usual 10 before half time we start making sloppy errors but this time we didn't concede (Just). Guys stopped coming back to help out and the back four started fluffing the cut outs.
Reddy nice saves but caught with the ball again.
Very important we made it to half time without conceding because we controlled the first 30 but were sloppy for last 10

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
An outstanding hit out...even Isuk Atsokkah had a cracker
Mom was a toss up between Dukey , Triffers and Posco....speaking of Triffers see how good he goes when he don't have to play catchup....young Major had a couple of nice touches, one of which Sim fkn ruined...I swear Sim has got a blackmail packet on Mossy, no other reason he should be playing......MrsRecky said that the youth coach must of trained the big boys since Wednesday....a good as theory as any
#COYY #standupforthemariners

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred