• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13 ccm v fire chicken fc

Melange

My player ratings:

Danny Vukovic: 7.5, Had a good game and looked assured with the ball at feet. Not much he could do for either goal.

Storm Roux: 5, Thought he was the better of our fullbacks in the first half but still got skinned a few times by Mauragis. Surprised he got pulled instead of Farrell.

Brian Kaltak: 6.5, Should have done better with Zawada's goal but bailed us out multiple times during the game. Apart from the goal dealt with Zawada well. Our best defender.

Nectar Triantis: 6, Got monstered by Zawada a few times but adapted as the game went on. We missed his ball playing abilities today that could have released pressure on Steele. Good learning opportunity for a young defender with a big future.

Jacob Farrell: 4, Positioned himself consistently too high and wide in the first half and had a big part to play in the Nix's second. The Nix consistently double teamed him and clearly didn't know how to deal with an overlapping Eliott. Missed his attacking marauding runs today.

Josh Nisbet: 6.5, Below his best today but still put in a decent shift. Some uncharacteristic errors in the first half but improved as the game wore on.

Harry Steele: 4, Clearly targeted by the Wellington press and struggled to deal with it and didn't show his usual defensive grit. Not his best game in Yellow and Navy. Bringing Balard on at half time was probably the right call.

Sam Silvera: 8.5, Was our best player by a fair margin and was extremely unlucky not to have an assist to his name. Looked dangerous whenever he was on the ball.
Worked extremely hard defensively and gave a lot of support to Farrell when the he was double teamed.

Beni Nkololo: 6, His goal was by far his highlight of the match and he went missing for most of it. Had a very poor first half. Some better finishing and he could have had a brace and rescued us a point.

Marco Tùlio: 4, Faded out of the game when we needed him most. Often seemed more interested in arguing with the ref but at least has improved his defensive work rate a tad.

Michael Ruhs: 3, I was surprised to see him start over Ayongo, and without knowing Ayongo's conditioning the Ghanian probably should have. Lacked the requisite touch and control needed today. A promising young player that hopefully learns from his first start in Mariners colours.

Subs:

Thomas Aquilina: 6, Got in decent positions and drove the team forward well offensively.

Max Balard: 7, Improved our midfield significantly when he came on and was a big part of our second half resurgence. Played some terrific raking balls.

Paul Ayongo: 6.5, Deserves credit for a strong assist to Beni but frankly still seems below the standard expected of visa players. Hopefully just rust.

Christian Theoharous: 8, Don't think you can ask much more of a substitute and was incredibly unlucky not to have an assist and/or goal to his name. Looks an exciting prospect.

Dan Hall: 6, Didn't have overly much to do with a Phoenix side looking to close up shop but adapted to a back three well.

Monty: 6, Talay is a clever manager and it showed today. Exposed our weaknesses down the flanks with overlapping fullbacks and knew where, when and who to press.

With so many young players in this side there are bound to be inconsistent performances at times and I think that's what our first half was. Credit to Monty that his team talk and subs got us back in the game.

There was a big Jason Cummings size hole in our side today, which hopefully in future that can be better planned for.

However a decent tactical perfomance from Monty and Sergio and some better finishing from Beni could have seen us snatch a point.

My Man of Match votes:
3: Sam Silvera
2: Christian Theoharous
1: Max Balard

Comment from my five year old when he discovered us losing was "but the Mariners never lose!" how times have changed!
Good summary, I think probably the only thing I disagree with is you were a bit hard on Ruhs, toiled hard and made some good leads without reward - 5

Yorkshire Mariners FC

My player ratings:

Danny Vukovic: 7.5, Had a good game and looked assured with the ball at feet. Not much he could do for either goal.

Storm Roux: 5, Thought he was the better of our fullbacks in the first half but still got skinned a few times by Mauragis. Surprised he got pulled instead of Farrell.

Brian Kaltak: 6.5, Should have done better with Zawada's goal but bailed us out multiple times during the game. Apart from the goal dealt with Zawada well. Our best defender.

Nectar Triantis: 6, Got monstered by Zawada a few times but adapted as the game went on. We missed his ball playing abilities today that could have released pressure on Steele. Good learning opportunity for a young defender with a big future.

Jacob Farrell: 4, Positioned himself consistently too high and wide in the first half and had a big part to play in the Nix's second. The Nix consistently double teamed him and clearly didn't know how to deal with an overlapping Eliott. Missed his attacking marauding runs today.

Josh Nisbet: 6.5, Below his best today but still put in a decent shift. Some uncharacteristic errors in the first half but improved as the game wore on.

Harry Steele: 4, Clearly targeted by the Wellington press and struggled to deal with it and didn't show his usual defensive grit. Not his best game in Yellow and Navy. Bringing Balard on at half time was probably the right call.

Sam Silvera: 8.5, Was our best player by a fair margin and was extremely unlucky not to have an assist to his name. Looked dangerous whenever he was on the ball.
Worked extremely hard defensively and gave a lot of support to Farrell when the he was double teamed.

Beni Nkololo: 6, His goal was by far his highlight of the match and he went missing for most of it. Had a very poor first half. Some better finishing and he could have had a brace and rescued us a point.

Marco Tùlio: 4, Faded out of the game when we needed him most. Often seemed more interested in arguing with the ref but at least has improved his defensive work rate a tad.

Michael Ruhs: 3, I was surprised to see him start over Ayongo, and without knowing Ayongo's conditioning the Ghanian probably should have. Lacked the requisite touch and control needed today. A promising young player that hopefully learns from his first start in Mariners colours.

Subs:

Thomas Aquilina: 6, Got in decent positions and drove the team forward well offensively.

Max Balard: 7, Improved our midfield significantly when he came on and was a big part of our second half resurgence. Played some terrific raking balls.

Paul Ayongo: 6.5, Deserves credit for a strong assist to Beni but frankly still seems below the standard expected of visa players. Hopefully just rust.

Christian Theoharous: 8, Don't think you can ask much more of a substitute and was incredibly unlucky not to have an assist and/or goal to his name. Looks an exciting prospect.

Dan Hall: 6, Didn't have overly much to do with a Phoenix side looking to close up shop but adapted to a back three well.

Monty: 6, Talay is a clever manager and it showed today. Exposed our weaknesses down the flanks with overlapping fullbacks and knew where, when and who to press.

With so many young players in this side there are bound to be inconsistent performances at times and I think that's what our first half was. Credit to Monty that his team talk and subs got us back in the game.

There was a big Jason Cummings size hole in our side today, which hopefully in future that can be better planned for.

However a decent tactical perfomance from Monty and Sergio and some better finishing from Beni could have seen us snatch a point.

My Man of Match votes:
3: Sam Silvera
2: Christian Theoharous
1: Max Balard

Comment from my five year old when he discovered us losing was "but the Mariners never lose!" how times have changed!
Agree with most but not Silvera. He reverted to playing like DDS- and that is not a complement. The amount of dead end runs and blocked shots where a better option was available killed many of our attacks. Ayongo should not be getting over 5 either.
Good synopsis otherwise.

Tevor

Agree with most but not Silvera. He reverted to playing like DDS- and that is not a complement. The amount of dead end runs and blocked shots where a better option was available killed many of our attacks. Ayongo should not be getting over 5 either.
Good synopsis otherwise.
Tend to agree, Silvera took some wasteful shots at distance that were easily blocked. They knew he was a threat and he was being chopped down especially by Rufer who got away with it way too much. My biggest gripe with Ayongo in this game was stay on your feet. He always seemed to be on the ground and what was the use the Ref was giving nothing for wrestling.

Michael

There’s no hiding from the fact it just wasn’t a good enough performance yesterday. And the nix have that c**t about them this season when they’re ahead, employing dirty tactics that make them hard to play against. We don’t need to be too dramatic, get over it and move on. We still have an excellent football side. Look forward to a reaction this weekend at home.

my takeaways are, ruhs has to now work extremely hard to get a start again particularly with Ayongo back fit. Max has his starting spot back. We’re not as scary without the dingo threat. And Theo will be a big threat when he’s fully settled and clicks into the group….. he was very lively and showed a glimpse of quality.

turbo

I agree and some of his touches when trying to hold up the ball were disturbing. We have seen it all before. I was hoping he would be showing more promise.
We have to be realistic about it. I think he has potential but if he's getting starts its more likely to be via injury, suspension or other mitigating factor like being a work horse in extreme heat. We aren't likely to be paying him as well as Ayongo who IMO hasnt shown much more in addition to taking up a visa spot.

Most A league strikers bottle chances, I dont think I've seen Ruhs stuff up anything a far more experienced striker hasnt done too. He'll get a few.

Last edited:

Tevor

We have to be realistic about it. I think he has potential but if he's getting starts its more likely to be via injury, suspension or other mitigating factor like being a work horse in extreme heat. We aren't likely to be paying him as well as Ayongo who IMO hasnt shown much more in addition to taking up a visa spot.

Most A league strikers bottle chances, I dont think I've seen Ruhs stuff up anything a far more experienced striker hasnt done too. He'll get a few.
Look back at his shots against the Cows, one in particular was just down right embarrassing.

turbo

Look back at his shots against the Cows, one in particular was just down right embarrassing.
I've seen the dingo put some pretty poor finishes in as well, difference is he'll pull out a spectacular one later. It almost feels like Ruhs is trying too hard at the moment and just needs one to get going again. Don't write him off yet. He's only 20,

midfielder

Rhus to me is a player that needs game time....however getting game time in a first team squad is not easy... would love to loan him out somewhere ... remember we also have M to come back as well....

On the game, out coached, they wanted it more, highlighted how important JC is to us...

marinermick

Rhus to me is a player that needs game time....however getting game time in a first team squad is not easy... would love to loan him out somewhere ... remember we also have M to come back as well....

On the game, out coached, they wanted it more, highlighted how important JC is to us...

Can he get game time on our NPL team? They start in two weeks against WSW.

midfielder

Can't see that happening while he's getting regular bench minutes. Could be bad for his confidence too. Taking a step back?
He needs minutes on the field, look at all the young players SFC have F .... ed up by keeping on the bench with no game time...he is young to if the schedule works play on say Saturday with the NPL and be on the bench on Sunday ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami