• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13: Asian Champions vs Central Coast

kevrenor

Thursday, 1 January 2015

Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Central Coast Mariners

Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta

Kick-Off:7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee:Strebre Delovski

Assistant Referee 1:Sarah Ho

Assistant Referee 2:Lance Greenshields

Fourth Official:Chris Young

TV Broadcast:Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)

Radio Broadcast:702 ABC Sydney & 92.5 ABC Central Coast, ABC Local Radio NSW,666 ABC Canberra, Grandstand Digital, Online/ ABC Radio Mobile phone app. Coast FM. 2GLF.

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag#WSWvCCM

Western Sydney Wanderers FC Squad:1.Ante COVIC (gk), 2.Shannon COLE,4.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY (c),5.Brendan HAMILL, 6.Antony GOLEC, 7.Labinot HALITI,8.MATEO POLJAK,10.Vitor SABA, 12 .Nikita RUKAVYTSYA,15.Yianni PERKATIS, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 18.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS(gk), 22.Seyi ADELEKE, 23.Jason TRIFIRO, 32.Daniel ALESSI, 33.Nick KALMAR
***two to be omitted***

Ins:4.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY (returns from suspension),8.MATEO POLJAK (promoted), 22.Seyi ADELEKE (promoted),10.Vitor SABA (promoted), 33.Nick KALMAR (new signing)
Outs: 3. Daniel MULLEN (not Selected),9.Tomi JURIC(international duty – 2 matches),13.Matthew SPIRANOVIC (international duty – 2 matches),
Unavailable:11.Brendon SANTALAB (shoulder – indefinite), 34.Golgol MEBRAHTU (knee – indefinite),35.Kearyn BACCUS (ankle)

Central Coast Mariners FC Squad: 1.Matt NASH (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Zac ANDERSON, 7.John HUTCHINSON (C), 8.Nick MONTGOMERY, 9.Mitchell DUKE, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Nick FITZGERALD, 12.Liam REDDY (gk), 15.Matt SIM, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Richard VERNES, 18.Glen TRIFIRO, 19.Matt SIMON, 23.Isaka CERNAK, 25.Eddy BOSNAR
***two to be omitted***

Ins: 4. Jacob POSCOLIERO (promoted), 8. Nick MONTGOMERY (returns from injury), 23. Isaka CERNAK (promoted)
Outs:26.KIM Seung-yong (not selected - to be released)
Unavailable:6.Brent GRIFFITHS (injury – indefinite), 21.Michael Neill (injury – indefinite- ????)

Reactions: adz

VicMariner

In a way this is a six point game for us in avoiding the spoon.

Having scored three goals hopefully the boys continue the party and come away with the win.

pjennings

Caceres unlikely to play because of a stomach bug, Monty still with a tight Achilles will probably be the two to miss out.

------------------Reddy------------------
Roux-----Poscoliero------Bosnar------Rose
-------------Trifiro----Hutch------------
Duke-------------Vernes------------Fitzy
----------------Simon------------------

Nash
Anderson
Rose
Cernak
Sim

pjennings

A pretty good one - (and Anderson) - but without Caceres the obvious move is to pull Trifiro back and play either Vernes or Rose as the AM. Simon and Duke looked to creating havoc in the second half and Fitzy has the speed to add to that. You also have Posco, Trifiro and Vernes through the middle that can all hold the ball.

eenfish

When a very moveable object meets an easily stopped force. I have no idea what to expect out of this game.

Their internationals absent will be a big boost for us. To be quite honest, I think we could win this.

MagpieMariner

Notwithstanding their internationals being away, they're still strong at the back with Hyphenator & Covic. Our front men (man?) will need to be really on their (his?) game to get a couple past those two.
If we start the way we finished last game, we'll have a chance to be in front. I just hope we don't finish the way we started last game.

Forum Phoenix

I always try to make a point of not riding players or scapegoating. However if Sim starts it's hard to draw any other conclusion than Mossy is not seeing clearly. I actually thought Sim showed some good form early on, but he was worse than ineffective on the ball last week and his positioning was awful. Roux simply couldn't get forward with him there. That changed when the flanks changed, and Roux impacted strongly second half, but that didn't mean SIm was any more effective. I do like that he's a hard worker, good engine and spirit. But I can't forgive the positioning... though hey, perhaps he's not really a winger? o_O

Strebre worries me. I like him. But he's going to let Popovic play old school and kick the shit out of us. They've always been a spoiler football side, which rarely makes for an entertaining game, combined with the fact they're desperate for a win, will see us as vulnerable, and we have Strebre... Could be a bitter frustrating dull affair. But hoping for an early Mariners goal and some good football instead.

Rukavytsa be a worry for me against a pairing of Eddy and Ando.

What I'd really love to see, is Duke and Matty upfront together. I think every team in the comp would struggle with them.
As it is, Matty can cause a few headaches on his own, which is better than nothing at least.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Sim hasnt done much since he filleted the sharks...maybe Mossy thinks he will SUDDENLY do it again...yeah right.
I think Roux would look much better with Richie vernes in front of him...either which way, I feel a win coming on
#COYY #standupforthemariners

Big Al

Juric always scores against us so its a nice bonus he not there. Thank you Ange.
If Cacerass is out sick will go with Monty and Hutch. Monty usually goes well against WSW he likes the combat.

pjennings

Monty and Liam Rose out, Roux to the bench

Starting XI

Reddy
Poscoliero
Anderson
Bosnar
Rose
Caceres
Hutch
Sim
Duke
Fitzy
Simon

Nash
Roux
Trifiro
Cernak
Vernes

bikinigirl

Monty and Liam Rose out, Roux to the bench

Starting XI

Reddy
Poscoliero
Anderson
Bosnar
Rose
Caceres
Hutch
Sim
Duke
Fitzy
Simon

Nash
Roux
Trifiro
Cernak
Vernes

. i am typically not one to criticise the coach, players or team selections ... and i know we have a short turn around between games ... but seriously?

. our defence has been leaking goals and the solution appears to be to change the back four again! how many consecutive games have we played with the same back four this year? any?

. i was also a fan of what sim did coming in as a substitute for rosey last year stepping up from the NSWPL ... but as a starting midfielder i don't understand his continual selection in the starting 11 ... are guys like trifiro and vernes unfit?

. matty, dukey and fitzy all starting could be interesting ... speed and attacking intent. i just hope we can get into the right positions to capitalise ... and fill that massive void we seem be leaving where somebody should be wearing the number 10

Big Al

I think poscalario is now preferred over roux. When fit he has been chosen a couple of times now in front of roux.

Big Al

Well we gave up our customery brain fade before half time and the WSW are as bad in front of goal as us.
I hate the commentators mentioning how long since they have scored its the commentator course that you know they will the more they talk about it.

Well we have survived 45 mins of sim. 10-15 to go

Big Al

Think I prefer 3-3 draws at least then I get excited 3 times in a game.

Much better defence but very boring game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred