• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preseason televised?

fruitbat

I was hoping to watch the CCM Vs Roar on Fox but I gather it isnt televised.

Does anyone know how the anti-siphoning law works and why it cant be applied here? If Fox have the rights and choose not to televise the game, why cant SBS cover and broadcast it? Liistening to a radio broadcast is better than nothing but really, its the sort of thing you associate with a Test Match at Lords in the 1930's!

I must get our family to Bluetongue more often. We've only managed it about a dozen times since the '05 preseason ( an expensive outing for a family of 6), but our record is intact...The Mariners have never lost when we were in the crowd.

Bex

No, its not televised.

I'm not sure that the free to air stations have even woken up that there is a fair bit of interest in the PSC matches so I doubt they're even staking a claim for the right to televise.

clarence

I had a thought about this too, but then remembered that even the NRL pre season games aren't televised, and the NRL rates pretty well for the Pay TV folks. So if they won't dust off the OB trucks and cameras for them in pre season, why would they bother for the A-League?

Also, the Foxtel folks have a commitment to the NRL AND AFL when our pre season starts, and to ask them to drive to regional games, or even grounds they aren't familiar with in a capital city, during our pre season (particularly when there's a NRL or AFL match on the same date) might be a big ask, to be fair.

Doubt there'd be any great ratings coming out of any FTA A-League Pre Season comp., but you'd think that maybe SBS might wanna run with it for some Sunday games. Also doubt it would come under any anti siphoning law influence.

~Floss~

Good point, but i'd hope HAL PSC would rate just as highly as other stuff they televise on sat & sun arvo's, like club rugby or lawn bowls

~Floss~

fruitbat said:
......Liistening to a radio broadcast is better than nothing but really, its the sort of thing you associate with a Test Match at Lords in the 1930's!

You know something we don't? (is there a radio broadcast???)

clarence

~Floss~ said:
Good point, but i'd hope HAL PSC would rate just as highly as other stuff they televise on sat & sun arvo's, like club rugby or lawn bowls

I'm sure it'd rate better than those 2 you mentioned, but the cost of running a broadcast crew and finding the available equipment might be too much for the risk. Especially so with SBS and their tight (tighter than Janice Pietersen's  :eek: tops ) budgets.

S

soccersensei

~Floss~ said:

Exactly!

Oh and I've looked everywhere for news of a radio broadcast and turned up nadda obviously... I truly hate this...

I feell ike a blind deaf supporter whose just lost his ticket outside the ground...

fruitbat

Sorry for the bum steer on the radio broadcast-someone else told me it would be.

Its really frustrating not being able to see how they are going.

S

soccersensei

Sorry Bex, that link isn't working?
Do you have another perhaps?
:popcorn:
;D

JamesH

marinersman said:
The final is live on Fox Sports 3 at 5.30pm on Wednesday.

Really? Nice! I couldn't find it on the Fox schedule when I checked this morning. Looking forward to it!

Bear

Cup final on at the CCLC....

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg50183#new

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred