• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

poles for flags

uncleyellow

Probably not the right thread mods, but was hoping for a quick answer.
Ive made a banner with a great drwg of Lawrie on it, was just wondering what the restrictions are for the poles! I just dont want to get there and not be able to take it into bay 16.
Do you guys use PVC for the poles, or dowl or something else...?

Deej

uncleyellow said:
Ive made a banner with a great drwg of Lawrie on it, was just wondering what the restrictions are for the poles! I just dont want to get there and not be able to take it into bay 16.
Do you guys use PVC for the poles, or dowl or something else...?

Fish is the best to ask - but to double check you can always email the club

Jeff (LouMacari)

Extendable poles are used on the banners (alumininium?) Come in the Kendall and put them with all our other ones so we can take into stadium en masse

dibo

uncleyellow said:

all's good - i split the topic and moved it to a good spot, because it's a good question that someone else will want to ask soon enough! ;)

uncleyellow

Thanks guys...
Ill bring it into the kendall with the rest of them - sounds good to me!

I have broom handles in there at the moment, I'll change em to PVC so they are nice and light.

Fire UP!! :pirashoot:

Part_Timer

the wind plays games with pvc poles, but if the banner is not to big shouldnt be a prob... great work making a banner, i think we always need more

MrCelery

aussiecross said:
the wind plays games with pvc poles, but if the banner is not to big shouldnt be a prob... great work making a banner, i think we always need more

Agree - If you are using PVC, go for the thick poles Fish uses, not the puny ones I've got. I reckon his are illegal, but hey, he's got 'em in at home!

I had a hard time finding suitable thick ones at the usual hardware stores (Bunnings\Home\Mitre 10) so I suspect his are from some other place. Fish?

Jimmy

MrCelery said:
aussiecross said:

Agree - If you are using PVC, go for the thick poles Fish uses, not the puny ones I've got. I reckon his are illegal, but hey, he's got 'em in at home!

I had a hard time finding suitable thick ones at the usual hardware stores (Bunnings\Home\Mitre 10) so I suspect his are from some other place. Fish?

Even my thick PVC poles are bent from the wind, I got mine from Bunnings, i bought a 12m length, and then they made me cut it, because no one at bunnings would know what to do, after all theyre just sales people.

Part_Timer

i was thinking if you had to have pvc pipes for flags and banners (ie queensland) im guna fill them with that no more gaps stuff should stiffen them up a bit ...just a thought

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred