• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player numbers in 2009 for your club up or down ?

Atomic

Woy Woy FC give a pretty detailed breakdown of where the money goes.

http://www.woywoyfootball.org.au/index.php?id=257

PubBrawler

god CCF have there sticky fingers in the money pot alot! and just think most clubs have an  average of 900 players, thats alot of money there makin i wonder how much the clubs down in sydney pay for rego is it the same!

dibo

PubBrawler said:
god CCF have there sticky fingers in the money pot alot! and just think most clubs have an  average of 900 players, thats alot of money there makin i wonder how much the clubs down in sydney pay for rego is it the same!

i paid $340 this year, if that answers your question.

truesoccer

A few statsThese are based on what we know of the draws so far.
Last year from my records, I also help out our fixtures officer, we had 11,031 games in the initial draws for season 2008 over all age groups 5 to ancient. Based on what has been released so far we will have by my count around 11,071 in 2009. A modest overall increase in games.
This year at the instruction of the CCF Directors competitions had to be put into 10 team competitions. In past years competition sizes were based on ability of teams therein . That is we had 6, 8 or 10 team comps.  As a result of the CCF Directors directive game numbers is not a true indication of overall player number as in many cases comps are reduces from 21 or 20 games tover the season to only 18. It seems directors reasons were to get the season over earlier and reduce the possibility of  make-up games having to be played on the hallowed turf of Lightning, sorry Pluim, Park.
Back to the subject. Because of this a true comparison cannot be made but as far as can be estimated there will be 11071 games this year in the basic draws. Seems overall for the season there will be 20 odd games less of  Friday, 240 less of a Saturday for G10 to 16, 180 more of a Sunday for all grades, 180 less for G6 and 9 of a Saturday and 300 more for G5 to 7. Due to the fact that the new concept of SSG increases number of teams in 5-7 teams and thus games we will still be in the dark until CCF release actual player numbers.

clarence

So what you are trying to say, is that it's like trying to compare apples to oranges from one season to the next, because of the variables?

truesoccer

Because of the changes in comp sizes basically that is what it is.
Hopefuly the CCF will issue some figures soon as to numbers in each age group and we can get a better indication of where our great sport is going.
If we are going behind it is the responsibilty of the CCF to fully investigate the reason for same and implement measures to overcome any possible decline. Not hide under the sheets as they did as they reportedly did at the CCF AGM by saying that global recession might be a possible reason. My grandkids are still playing and their parents and I are still paying.

WELL INFORMED

truesoccer said:
A few statsThese are based on what we know of the draws so far.
Last year from my records, I also help out our fixtures officer, we had 11,031 games in the initial draws for season 2008 over all age groups 5 to ancient. Based on what has been released so far we will have by my count around 11,071 in 2009. A modest overall increase in games.
This year at the instruction of the CCF Directors competitions had to be put into 10 team competitions. In past years competition sizes were based on ability of teams therein . That is we had 6, 8 or 10 team comps.  As a result of the CCF Directors directive game numbers is not a true indication of overall player number as in many cases comps are reduces from 21 or 20 games tover the season to only 18. It seems directors reasons were to get the season over earlier and reduce the possibility of  make-up games having to be played on the hallowed turf of Lightning, sorry Pluim, Park.
Back to the subject. Because of this a true comparison cannot be made but as far as can be estimated there will be 11071 games this year in the basic draws. Seems overall for the season there will be 20 odd games less of  Friday, 240 less of a Saturday for G10 to 16, 180 more of a Sunday for all grades, 180 less for G6 and 9 of a Saturday and 300 more for G5 to 7. Due to the fact that the new concept of SSG increases number of teams in 5-7 teams and thus games we will still be in the dark until CCF release actual player numbers.

Another reason to have 9/10 team comps is that you only have 18 games per season so it does make it easier to "make up" any washed out games because you have time to extend the season a few weeks.When you have comps with 20/21/22 games then it doesn't leave you much time to replay any washed out games. I have heard that Councils are trying to get sports to reduce the length of the seasons so that grounds get a chance to recover between the different sports. We are lucky on the coast as many Sydney comps are only 8 team comps and they only play 2 rounds giving you 14 games for the season.
The only problem with 9/10 team comps is the big difference in the top of the comp to the bottom. I know a bloke who once was Director of Competitions and one year when he was inundated with regrade requests said " damn it lets make them all 4 team comps, every team will make the semis and everyone will be happy".  Said in frustration  but true as everyone likes to win.

A major problem with 10  team comps in juniors  is very noticable in the "A" grade of most age groups, as I don't think we really have enough quality teams to do this and not have some teams getting hammered each week. You usually find in "A" grade comps there are 4 very good teams, a couple of teams that can match it with the top 4, beat most of the bottom 4 teams and, 4 that get well beaten every week and look forward to when they play one of the other teams at the bottom of the table. I think "A" grade comps possible need to be 8 team comps at the most but then you create another  problem that you need to play either  14 or 21 rounds. 14 is not enough and 21 too many and as stated before makes it very hard to "make up" the washed out games. Some may say then don't make up the washed out games, but then that creates a further problem that we can have a League Champion that got thru on a favourable washed out result. This has happened in years gone by but last year being is  the only year that I can recall that we managed to make up all the games that had an effect on who was League Champion.  If we don't play all the games then we don't have  a true entrant in the Champion of Champions competition or in other words the best team of the year loses out.

What do you do!! You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

luvsoccer

Well Informed
Have a pretty good guess as to you identity, but will not hold that against you.
It is apparent, from what I see through my club, the CCF Board seem to have this fascination on looking after Pluim Park, or as someone else in another post more properly called it Lightning Park, only for Lightning and Thunder. They should realise that the only thing that keeps the Park going is the contributions by the Clubs through their players.  If clubs pulled their contribution where would Lightning be?
One Director keeps emphasising at a recent meeting,s by shouting down questioners , that clubs do not own Pluim Park, but the CCF does. He should realise that, if this is true, neither does Lightning.  They, Lightning,  are not the CCF. Pluim Park is their home ground only. He should also realise, as should other Directors, his and their fate is in the hands of the clubs. My question is, as we do not have a Director for each of the 22 member Clubs, why should there be a Director of Rep Football and why should he have so much obvious say and push on the Board? Surely as all the clubs registered players outnumber rep players about 700 to 1 the clubs should have more say than he.. The balance must come to bear one day. About time the rest of the Board stood up against him. Unfortunately it seems that most of them, with their children in reps, do not want to, or are they not game to. Not slander but a question for them to answer in public forum.
Seems CCF Board is more concerned with getting season over as soon as possible rather than giving those playing and paying, value for their money. If we need 8, or heaven forbid 6, team competitions then so be it. If we need to play make up games at Pluim, because CCF Board have not stood up to councils to get us a better deal with Council grounds, then so be it.
It is about time Clubs, mine included, got some internal fortitude and stood up to the Board.

dibo

luvsoccer said:
Well Informed
Have a pretty good guess as to you identity, but will not hold that against you.

What's the fascination with getting on here using names like 'luvsoccer', 'truesoccer', 'well informed' et al and giving little bits of 'touch the nose' inside info while slagging off those whose decisions you don't agree with? I'd have *much* less issue if you were identifiable, because then it'd force you to be a little careful in what you say - though you wouldn't want to be held accountable for bagging the shit out of someone you might run into on the weekend though... ::)

What's more, why don't you people know how to use paragraphs (or paragraphs of less than 8 lines at least - my eyes are bleeding)?

Davo

dibo said:
luvsoccer said:
Well Informed

What's the fascination with getting on here using names like 'luvsoccer', 'truesoccer', 'well informed' et al and giving little bits of 'touch the nose' inside info while slagging off those whose decisions you don't agree with? I'd have *much* less issue if you were identifiable, because then it'd force you to be a little careful in what you say - though you wouldn't want to be held accountable for bagging the shit out of someone you might run into on the weekend though... ::)

What's more, why don't you people know how to use paragraphs (or paragraphs of less than 8 lines at least - my eyes are bleeding)?

Dibo, please start a 'back to basics - grammar and punctuation' thread so our forum doesn't turn into the pre-school level Jets forum.

offtheball

Davo said:
dibo said:
luvsoccer said:
Well Informed

Dibo, please start a 'back to basics - grammar and punctuation' thread so our forum doesn't turn into the pre-school level Jets forum.

Would that be a forum owned by the Jets?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred