• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player numbers in 2009 for your club up or down ?

masmariner

Are the players numbers this year in your club up or down. ?

I understand most clubs are down a fair bit in numbers this year.

Is this due to less interest in the sport of "football" or due to the GFC. ?

marinermick

i don't know about the rest of the club but there are noticeably less all age teams at ourimbah this season

more training space for us  :pirashoot:  :pirashoot:

ryan

I think there is an AA9 this season. That would be a clear indication that the popularity of the Beautiful Game on the Coast is still rising.

marinermick

ryan said:
I think there is an AA9 this season. That would be a clear indication that the popularity of the Beautiful Game on the Coast is still rising.

true, didn't think of the extra grade in all age

dibo

up at our club - we've added an extra mens and womens all age team (9 of each) to go with our esfa PL teams and our state league teams. and we still had to turn players away.

masmariner

Gosford City for 2009 has 594 registered players down from last year, and they quote junior girls number's down across the coast.

PubBrawler

Avoca has 2 new MAA teams we now have 4 all up, and we are a small club i recon its getting bigger on the coast for sure!

Atomic

Woy Woy has 4 over 35 teams this season (up from 3 teams last year). I'm not sure if that is due to AA players drifting into the O/35 scene or if they are ex players that have decided to pull the boots on again after a break. My team looks like it's going to have 20!!! players registered for it. There's no doubting the popularity of the O/35 concept.

hilly1981

If we could get the stats for each club in terms of players registered for 2009, I think it would make interesting reading. They usually post the stats in the information booklet for players.

PubBrawler

i know this isn,t the topic and this question would come up every season but where the hell does all of our rego money go? it seems to go up every year and nothing changes or gets better so whats the go!

Redline

Actually that's a fair question...this is my first season...so $260 straight up hurts...but how much of it is the FFA and how much does the club get?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred