• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Central Coast Mariners

midfielder

Watching Glory this year so far they are my early pick for the title.

They have created or say set a new record no other team in Australian Football history has scored more goals in their opening six matches than Glory have.

They have attacking weapons all over the park.

Should be a great game given the form we are in but that trip to Perth does take it out of you...

Any idea if we fly in on the day or fly in the day before...

Big Al

They have created or say set a new record no other team in Australian Football history has scored more goals in their opening six matches than Glory have.

Should be a great game given the form we are in but that trip to Perth does take it out of you...

They are pretty open at the back but sensational to watch in attack. Look for us to choke the game a little more than others. We are away from home against a side in good form. I would not be surprised to see a Similar style to the bulls game. If you cut down Castro space he is not as effective

turbo

I think we have the squad to keep the pressure on them and counter but they’ll need to be on their toes. Would prefer to have Stensness back but if we can’t I would be tempted to start Nisbet over Janota for his work rate.

If Perth had a stronger backline I’d have them as favourites for the season so a good test for us.

pinklady

They are flying on Monday

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Any idea if we fly in on the day or fly in the day before., I don’t want to sound narky or anything , but I got a busted neck , crook knees & 4 bulging discs in my back ,Ive flown to Perth and it didn’t bother me too much, bit of pain but what

Now I don’t want to sound like a whiney nark or anything , but I got a busted neck, crook knees & 4 bulging discs in my back , so I’ve flown to Perth a time or two and I , given my crap skeleton, pulled through remarkably well , I got no idea how a supreme fit athlete would be bothered by the flight more than wobbly old
me ...but yes it’s gonna be a cracker methinks , still think we will get the points (ref pick aside)

Ironbark

We have the ability to close them out like no other team can, and if they're leaky at the back then we have the chance of being their bogey team this year.

It's a bit 50/50 but we can win this

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
It will be won in midfield I think. We need to stop there foray into our third and they need to do the same. We can't afford another game where we waste golden chances in the first half. Urena, if he is to start, needs to make this the game he buries a chance.

Wombat

Day before.

Allreet?

Very glad we're not losing Rowles. When do we get Stensness back?

If Nizzy can keep Castro quiet then we will gradually strangle them. I'm tipping a one goal win or (at worst) a draw.

Ads

Our formula has been good.
But I would start Nizzy in this game and Maybe even Kuol to throw them off.

Try and take advantage early as they have had a quick turn around.

Especially when teams have actually had quite good success with quick turn around I think we need to hit hard early but also match the midfield and attack of Castro and without Stens I think Nizzy needs to start.

onto it

The tightness of our defence gives me confidence against any team. Travelling to Perth will always be a challenge but that will surely even out given they played last night and we played last Friday.
I think that 'tightness' fell apart in the last game. Though we were done by the refs, the fact was we had too much to defend in the box, because of a leaky midfield. I think all the backs were found wanting and will need to come up a couple of levels if Castro is firing.
For me, Ollie, Niz and Janota are all good in different ways, mostly in attack, but are not solid, as in virtually impregnable, in defence.
I don't see clean sheets (in my crystal ball).

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think that 'tightness' fell apart in the last game. Though we were done by the refs, the fact was we had too much to defend in the box, because of a leaky midfield. I think all the backs were found wanting and will need to come up a couple of levels if Castro is firing.
For me, Ollie, Niz and Janota are all good in different ways, mostly in attack, but are not solid, as in virtually impregnable, in defence.
I don't see clean sheets (in my crystal ball).
yeah, in our earlier games we compressed really well in defence and gave the opposition no room to move - against the Nix we seemed to stay open, even before we got screwed repeatedly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami