• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth fan coming in peace, questions about Gosford, matchday pubs etc

yel

hay dude . what do glory call the other sides ?

us
Adelaide : piss ant town
newcastle : the scum
melbourne : tards
sydney : bling
mel city : $itty
wellington " fire chickens
macarther bell ringers/methtown
w/sydney poachers/drive bys

ps we're pretty thick skinned
Haha as per my response above I'm not really down with the active lingo these days, but pissants, tards and bling definitely all get a good run in my circle of mates.

yel

Welcome Yel hope you enjoy your day.

All the recommendations are spot on.
Coasties are very laid back so a majority will come in the last hour before kickoff. Sometimes i leave home with about 20mins to go. So you might be lonely earlier in the afternoon. So hit the waterfront for a walk. Then check out the 3 places all within the same block for the game
Bay Rd - More a beers before game place is probably no1 for you and maybe get there around 2 2-30
Baker St is just around the corner so might be worth a check out and the leagues club gets a few inside pre game but it’s more a pokie joint and most have left it now that Bay Rd and Baker have started up.

As for your reception. Mate we are friendly when we are last, being first you can expect nothing but snobbery from us now. As long as you can handle being told how good we are you’ll be fine. We are a family club but the boys who come to the game just want a drink and a laugh. There is no BS here.
I am glad you are in the away bay. It’s the only place for you. Not because your not welcome but you don’t come all this way to not represent your club. Also being blinded by the sun is a right of passage for every away fan to the coast. Unfortunately it’s not looking hot. Bit of a bummer. Standing in the sun getting baked while watching the second best team is half the fun.
It’s pretty simple. Don’t be a dick and everyone will be sweet.
Are you going to be in a Perth jersey? Name on the back etc where we could identify you? A couple of people on here would probably come have a chat and welcome you if they see you at the pub.
Just remember a true Perth Fan would leave the 3 points here where they belong and are appreciated.
Enjoy your day.
I'm thinking I'll leave the jersey and go a more casual PGFC shirt (that you can barely tell is PGFC) which is a better fit than most of the jerseys I have (all bought when I was fatter haha) and a scarf, something like that. But we can exchange Facebook details or something closer to the event if you lot are keen, I'd definitely be down for a drink together. I think I'll be arriving in Gosford at least 3-3.5 hours before kickoff, perhaps even earlier, most likely on my own (maybe with just one other mate) and I'll very thirsty haha. Most likely trying to keep the booze buzz going from watching Atletico de Madrid at 7am that morning (I used to be an Atleti season ticketholder when I lived in Spain so will be doing my best to be up for that one, despite the inevitable hangover from going to the NRL the night before haha).

midfielder

As far as I know there isn't any site like that any more. Used to be gloryboys.net back when going to home games didn't suck like it does now ... I'm very removed from the rest of the fan base these days though, my season tickets are platinum (most upmarket that exist) well away from the "active"/shed types, I miss quite a few games coz of work, and don't speak to a lot of regular fans all that often coz a lot of my close mates who were regulars, no longer are since they had kids. Lame I know haha.
Yel

Glory IMO back in the NSL showed those running the professional game how to be a commercial success...

Nick Tana, is under rated in what he did for Football in Australia... huge shame that when John O'Neil & Mark Coral run things in the first 18 months or so they not only failed to appreciate what he achieved but more set up polices that drove away many of the Shed old fans...

Not that Tony S, is a bad owner..

yel

Yel

Glory IMO back in the NSL showed those running the professional game how to be a commercial success...

Nick Tana, is under rated in what he did for Football in Australia... huge shame that when John O'Neil & Mark Coral run things in the first 18 months or so they not only failed to appreciate what he achieved but more set up polices that drove away many of the Shed old fans...

Agreed. Apart from your last sentence. Sage is the main reason I feel more detached from the club than I ever have, and everything I do relating to them outside of the odd rare away day, feels like a chore done out of obligation. But you all don’t need to hear my ranting about that haha

midfielder

Thats sad Yel you feel that way about your club... or the owner should I say... our owner has near destroyed this club and its only that we have so many fans combined of locally loyal and Football loyal that has kept this club as it is.... the ownership group is something that is not well appreciated by many...

Have a good visit and next time see if you can spare the time and have a holiday .

In closing many many many many moons ago a Northern Spirit match at North Sydney Oval back in the 90's, after the match they always held a kinda need the players and the coach and others would speak... Nick Tana on one occasion spoke after the match and to this day the way he laid out the road map for Football to follow was inspiring and when he spoke the room fell silent, you could hear a pin drop and we soaked in the wisdom he spoke.... a very sad day when JON forced Tana out ... IMO close to the biggest mistake made in Hal.

Reactions: yel

Allreet?

Fans disillusioned with their owner?

No idea what you're talking about Yel...

Have you got your day on the Coast sorted? I'm up north for a family wedding on Saturday night but hoping to get back in time to get to Bay Road. Likely to be packed but likely to be good.

Mind you, given my assigned role for the wedding my hope is a forlorn one.

Reactions: yel

style_cafe

Fans disillusioned with their owner?

No idea what you're talking about Yel...

Have you got your day on the Coast sorted? I'm up north for a family wedding on Saturday night but hoping to get back in time to get to Bay Road. Likely to be packed but likely to be good.

Mind you, given my assigned role for the wedding my hope is a forlorn one.
Being the groom Allreet is no excuse for missing the game,put your foot down and tell her your going to support your team...:popcorn:

Insertnamehere

Yel

Fond memories of the NSL days of PerthGlory. f**k they were a good team with Mori and Bobby D.

yel

Hello again everybody!
Firstly and by far most importantly, I just wanna say thank you once again for your warm welcome and willingness to offer tips, it really is much appreciated! I know it sounds cliché, but I really do wish you lot all the best this season! My ideal scenario involves CCM and Perth finishing within the top three or so heading into finals (I really do think you lot will win the premiers plate from here either way).
Anyway, it looks like me and my other Perth mate will be arriving in Gosford shortly before 1pm on Sunday (if he’s late for the train I’ll go without him and he can meet me later haha), and moving between Bay Rd Brewing and the leagues club drink by drink until we either find ourselves in a conversation that makes us wanna stay in one spot, and/or the other Perth people arrive (they tell us that’ll likely be a bit later on).
If you’re interested in having a drink with these two visitors, feel free to add me on Facebook, my name is Blake and here’s the link to my profile https://www.facebook.com/blake.kagi
If you do so, if you could just drop me a message when you do that’d be great... I get quite a few random adds I ignore (long story I’d be happy to explain over a beer haha) so if you message saying you’re from the CCM forum I’ll make sure I don’t ignore you too hahaha.
Side note - we’re likely to arrive in Gosford already in a pretty happy area. We both happen to follow the same European club, Atlético de Madrid (me coz I lived in Madrid and him out of love for Torres haha) and we’re planning on being at a Sydney bar from 7am to watch their game over more than a few drinks hahaha.
Whether or not we wind up crossing paths, seriously thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome and answers to my questions, and good luck for the rest of the season!
Cheers!!

Big Al

Hi everyone,
Perth fan here, firstly epic congratulations on the well-deserved win last night and the start to the season, you lot truly deserve to be firm favourites for the premiers plate. I've always had a huge soft spot for your club and fans, and those of you who stuck by the club through the difficult times deserve to enjoy all of the good times. Maybe I'm being overly fanboy positive but I'm thinking it may well be Central Coast and Perth in the top two come the end of the league.
Anyway enough of the looking like I'm "sucking up" haha, I'm coming over from Perth for the game on Sunday week, my first time in Gosford. Just after whatever tips you have in terms of the best places to have a pre and post match feed, and then drinks with other football fans? I've heard good things about the home fans in Gosford being welcoming to visiting fans who come to the home pub with the right intentions, is that fair to say? And by the way, which is the main home pre match pub? Haha.
Having never been to Gosford I'd love to get to the area a good 3-4 hours before kickoff and do some exploring ... and some eating and drinking haha.
I've been past the stadium on the train and it looks to me like it's gonna be an awesome matchday experience, whatever the result!
Thanks very much, and good luck for the rest of the season!
Cheers
Hey you might want to check the trains are running. Just saw buses replacing trains all weekend to central and Newcastle as i got off the train. Might be a long painful bus trip

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami