• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth fan coming in peace, questions about Gosford, matchday pubs etc

yel

Hi everyone,
Perth fan here, firstly epic congratulations on the well-deserved win last night and the start to the season, you lot truly deserve to be firm favourites for the premiers plate. I've always had a huge soft spot for your club and fans, and those of you who stuck by the club through the difficult times deserve to enjoy all of the good times. Maybe I'm being overly fanboy positive but I'm thinking it may well be Central Coast and Perth in the top two come the end of the league.
Anyway enough of the looking like I'm "sucking up" haha, I'm coming over from Perth for the game on Sunday week, my first time in Gosford. Just after whatever tips you have in terms of the best places to have a pre and post match feed, and then drinks with other football fans? I've heard good things about the home fans in Gosford being welcoming to visiting fans who come to the home pub with the right intentions, is that fair to say? And by the way, which is the main home pre match pub? Haha.
Having never been to Gosford I'd love to get to the area a good 3-4 hours before kickoff and do some exploring ... and some eating and drinking haha.
I've been past the stadium on the train and it looks to me like it's gonna be an awesome matchday experience, whatever the result!
Thanks very much, and good luck for the rest of the season!
Cheers

Forum Phoenix

Hi yel, very welcome here mate. And yes we're a very friendly fan base. Definitely a family club. If anyone gave someone a hard time I'm sure other Mariners fans themselves would be the first coming to your defence, there's literally nowhere safer imo.

As to a pub, it's not the pre match venue, but I'm partial to the Elanora hotel at east Gosford. But there are some closer good quality venues which I'm sure our active support guys will suggest.

I think there's a very good chance we'll be main rivals for the plate too. You have the best attack in the league and I think we have the best defence. Should be a good year for both our sides. .

Reactions: yel

yel

Hi yel, very welcome here mate. And yes we're a very friendly fan base. Definitely a family club. If anyone gave someone a hard time I'm sure other Mariners fans themselves would be the first coming to your defence, there's literally nowhere safer imo.

As to a pub, it's not the pre match venue, but I'm partial to the Elanora hotel at east Gosford. But there are some closer good quality venues which I'm sure our active support guys will suggest.

I think there's a very good chance we'll be main rivals for the plate too. You have the best attack in the league and I think we have the best defence. Should be a good year for both our sides. .
Hi mate, cheers for the warm welcome and the recommendation! Just checked the website and the food looks solid, may well go there for lunch haha! But yeah definitely keen on the recommendations for the pubs closest to the stadium and most commonly frequented by football fans pre and post match, if anyone can provide those?

Huddo

The gossie hotel is in the middle of renos, leaguesy is alright, big, cheap, cracking Chinese, ya got the settlers on the other side of the tracks, round a k from the stadium, good food, I love the settlers burger with maple bacon added. Sailing club is around a k walk around the water it's ok, good view, alot of ambiance is gone from it though, used to be great not so much any more, bay rd brewery is around the corner from the stadium never been there though.
honestly the elonora is by far the best feed, but of a trip to get to there it probably to far.

yel

The gossie hotel is in the middle of renos, leaguesy is alright, big, cheap, cracking Chinese, ya got the settlers on the other side of the tracks, round a k from the stadium, good food, I love the settlers burger with maple bacon added. Sailing club is around a k walk around the water it's ok, good view, alot of ambiance is gone from it though, used to be great not so much any more, bay rd brewery is around the corner from the stadium never been there though.
honestly the elonora is by far the best feed, but of a trip to get to there it probably to far.
Awesome! Thanks for all the recommendations, much appreciated!

yel

Yel

Are you only staying for the afternoon or for a couple of days
Only the afternoon and evening, sleeping in Circular Quay so have to make my way back at some point unfortunately haha.

Anyone able to tell me which the pub of choice is for the Mariners' main fan group(s), and if you reckon I'd have a good time there if I visited at some stage of my visit?

style_cafe

G`day Yel,
Bay Rd brewery is probably the best and closest for a drink and around the corner is Baker St where you can get a decent feed. Both are frequented by Mariners fans,as is the Leagues club across the road from the ground
All are within 200m of the ground.
When you get to the ground the Western stand is where the TV cameras are. It`s the one in the afternoon shade with most people sitting with their prawn sandwiches on there laps and thermos of tea next to them.
The eastern side is where the younger crowd sit,which is why the crowd always looks decent in numbers.
Behind the goals is where the Yellow Army stand,a spartan area with no roof. It has been the heart of our support base for many years and after the lean years is gradually coming back to life.
I hope you enjoy yourself mate,it`s a good away trip for many A-League fans and the most scenic stadium in the league.
I have to warn you though, you`ll probably fall in love with the place and want to move here...:popcorn:

Wombat

Bay Rd is best but crowded and you may struggle to get in. Just around the corner is @Baker St. Less lively but wicked food and top beers. The Leagues club is a large club in the same street as the Ground, literally 20 paces from the stadium.
The Sailing club is lovely but maybe 1km walk. Gosford Hotel has no food atm due to renovations.
The Elanora Hotel is easy to get to as 90% of the buses (catch from outside the Imperial Shopping Centre) go past it. Its a 4 min bus ride. Get on a bus that says Erina Fair, The Entrance, Green Point, Avoca, Terrigal, Kincumber, Bateau Bay.......they all go past "The Elly" and the bus stop is attached to the side of the pub.

Welcome to Gosford mate. The locals are friendly.

midfielder

I hope you enjoy yourself mate,it`s a good away trip for many A-League fans and the most scenic stadium in the league.
.:popcorn:
Style

You under rate our stadium, its been voted a number of times as one of the most beautiful in the world...

Also for Yel this is an overview of the stadium it may help when you choose your seating...

style_cafe

Style

You under rate our stadium, its been voted a number of times as one of the most beautiful in the world...

Also for Yel this is an overview of the stadium it may help when you choose your seating...

Thanks Middy, It looked like more than 10 though and some were pretty ordinary including the picture of ours. I love the aerial pic of CCS looking down the pitch and onto Brisbane water. Stunning!... :popcorn:

yel

G`day Yel,
Bay Rd brewery is probably the best and closest for a drink and around the corner is Baker St where you can get a decent feed. Both are frequented by Mariners fans,as is the Leagues club across the road from the ground
All are within 200m of the ground.
When you get to the ground the Western stand is where the TV cameras are. It`s the one in the afternoon shade with most people sitting with their prawn sandwiches on there laps and thermos of tea next to them.
The eastern side is where the younger crowd sit,which is why the crowd always looks decent in numbers.
Behind the goals is where the Yellow Army stand,a spartan area with no roof. It has been the heart of our support base for many years and after the lean years is gradually coming back to life.
I have to warn you though, you`ll probably fall in love with the place and want to move here...:popcorn:
Nice! I’ll give those two pubs a go, and in terms of my spot in the stadium, already sorted myself an away bay ticket haha

yel

Aw
Bay Rd is best but crowded and you may struggle to get in. Just around the corner is @Baker St. Less lively but wicked food and top beers. The Leagues club is a large club in the same street as the Ground, literally 20 paces from the stadium.
The Sailing club is lovely but maybe 1km walk. Gosford Hotel has no food atm due to renovations.
The Elanora Hotel is easy to get to as 90% of the buses (catch from outside the Imperial Shopping Centre) go past it. Its a 4 min bus ride. Get on a bus that says Erina Fair, The Entrance, Green Point, Avoca, Terrigal, Kincumber, Bateau Bay.......they all go past "The Elly" and the bus stop is attached to the side of the pub.

Welcome to Gosford mate. The locals are friendly.
Awesome, thanks heaps for all the tips and the warm welcome!

true believer

Cheers mate, already sorted for an away bay ticket!
there not great seats, poor side and looking into the sun .
we're in bay 37 there is usually a few seats there and probably best view of the ground.
don't bother dicking around, eat at the club (cc leagues) https://www.cclc.com.au/ it's across the road from the ground and 5 minutes from the station .

glory will always be welcome at the mariners .anyone of your folks that come here
will be treated as legends for making the trip .

ps dude what is your main website ? like ccmfans , cheers

Last edited:

true believer

hay dude . what do glory call the other sides ?

us
Adelaide : piss ant town
newcastle : the scum
melbourne : tards
sydney : bling
mel city : $itty
wellington " fire chickens
macarther bell ringers/methtown
w/sydney poachers/drive bys

ps we're pretty thick skinned

Big Al

Nice! I’ll give those two pubs a go, and in terms of my spot in the stadium, already sorted myself an away bay ticket haha
Welcome Yel hope you enjoy your day.

All the recommendations are spot on.
Coasties are very laid back so a majority will come in the last hour before kickoff. Sometimes i leave home with about 20mins to go. So you might be lonely earlier in the afternoon. So hit the waterfront for a walk. Then check out the 3 places all within the same block for the game
Bay Rd - More a beers before game place is probably no1 for you and maybe get there around 2 2-30
Baker St is just around the corner so might be worth a check out and the leagues club gets a few inside pre game but it’s more a pokie joint and most have left it now that Bay Rd and Baker have started up.

As for your reception. Mate we are friendly when we are last, being first you can expect nothing but snobbery from us now. As long as you can handle being told how good we are you’ll be fine. We are a family club but the boys who come to the game just want a drink and a laugh. There is no BS here.
I am glad you are in the away bay. It’s the only place for you. Not because your not welcome but you don’t come all this way to not represent your club. Also being blinded by the sun is a right of passage for every away fan to the coast. Unfortunately it’s not looking hot. Bit of a bummer. Standing in the sun getting baked while watching the second best team is half the fun.
It’s pretty simple. Don’t be a dick and everyone will be sweet.
Are you going to be in a Perth jersey? Name on the back etc where we could identify you? A couple of people on here would probably come have a chat and welcome you if they see you at the pub.
Just remember a true Perth Fan would leave the 3 points here where they belong and are appreciated.
Enjoy your day.

yel

there not great seats, poor side and looking into the sun .
we're in bay 37 there is usually a few seats there and probably best view of the ground.
don't bother dicking around, eat at the club (cc leagues) https://www.cclc.com.au/ it's across the road from the ground and 5 minutes from the station .

glory will always be welcome at the mariners .anyone of your folks that come here
will be treated as legends for making the trip .

ps dude what is your main website ? like ccmfans , cheers
As far as I know there isn't any site like that any more. Used to be gloryboys.net back when going to home games didn't suck like it does now ... I'm very removed from the rest of the fan base these days though, my season tickets are platinum (most upmarket that exist) well away from the "active"/shed types, I miss quite a few games coz of work, and don't speak to a lot of regular fans all that often coz a lot of my close mates who were regulars, no longer are since they had kids. Lame I know haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami