• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Part sale of A-League to Private Equity

midfielder

Three articles..
from keepup

from the abc

from fairfax

scottmac

Suspended
Updated Fairfax.

A national second division could be played by as early as 2023 with Football Australia set to invest in the establishment of a professional football competition to sit below the A-League.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...second-division-for-2023-20211214-p59hdi.html
A national second tier, even without promotion relegation to the A-League is a perfect first step as long as it is broadcast. They talk of having pro/rel with the NPL which is awesome and will give more opportunities to young players coming through. Once that national step is taken it's only a stones throw away from pro/rel with the top division.
I'd hazard a guess that all the sides and locations we think should be in the aleague will be walk up starters in a second tier. Tas, Canberra, Wollongong, NQ, Sunshine Coast (f**king yea boooiiiiiii)
Free to air TV coverage is a must though. Can't be behind a pay wall.

turbo

If they can make a NSD viable without pro Rel it will go a long way to making it a possibility. The big question is where does the money come from?

scottmac

Suspended
If they can make a NSD viable without pro Rel it will go a long way to making it a possibility. The big question is where does the money come from?
Did you read the article? They are going to use the money from the part equity sale of the A-League to fund these competitions in the short term. The sticking point as I've alluded to, will be broadcast. Can you sell it and what would you get for it. Will it be enough to run it. Transport will be the killer.

turbo

Did you read the article? They are going to use the money from the part equity sale of the A-League to fund these competitions in the short term. The sticking point as I've alluded to, will be broadcast. Can you sell it and what would you get for it. Will it be enough to run it. Transport will be the killer.
I didnt earlier but have now, The floated 6m won’t go that far especially if they want to do something for both men and women as the article says. It’s definitely a good bit of capital to get things rolling but as you said - can they sell it and if so how much? I’m sceptical the money will be there but I do hope it is viable and self sustaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami