• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount coverage 2021/2022

FFC Mariner

I've got a Fire Stick that works perfectly and I really don't want to f**k around with that.
The little Android box I have has been sitting on a shelf for 2 or 3 years.
It might not even be new enough to work for this.
But if I brick it or f**k it up I don't care.

And as for things beginning with i..........
icon_mad.gif
spaz.gif
Kodi instructions for the add on https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/06/paramount-plus-kodi-add-on.html?m=1

Corsair

its the framerate, i cant say this enough times.

1080p looks the same to everyone but 1080p30 or 1080p60 or 1080p25 are all COMPLETELY different and most people will barely tell whereas others are more susceptible to framerates
So you're saying it's been recorded at a low frame rate? To save on costs? Or your suggesting that end user hardware can't keep up with framerate to make motion look smooth? Or what are you saying?

Kilsin

Thanks mate.

I watch P+ on PC (mainly just A-league and Socceroos/Matildas stuff) and have never heard of Kodi (don't watch many streams/TV shows/Movies) will this improve the quality of the stream even though it only supports up to the native 24 fps that P+ uses? Or is this more for people who stream to a TV or watch via a TV app?

I guess I'm asking if I will get any benefit from using this on a beast of a PC with a good internet connection?

Ironbark

I used to have kodi but found I wasn't using it so ditched it. This is intriguing - and I think I'm up for another look and explore to tie everything back together and see how I can use it again

AuzDutchy

So you're saying it's been recorded at a low frame rate? To save on costs? Or your suggesting that end user hardware can't keep up with framerate to make motion look smooth? Or what are you saying?
its being recorded and broadcast/streamed at 25fps

Pirate Pete

Thanks mate.

I watch P+ on PC (mainly just A-league and Socceroos/Matildas stuff) and have never heard of Kodi (don't watch many streams/TV shows/Movies) will this improve the quality of the stream even though it only supports up to the native 24 fps that P+ uses? Or is this more for people who stream to a TV or watch via a TV app?

I guess I'm asking if I will get any benefit from using this on a beast of a PC with a good internet connection?
I've always thought of Kodi as being something used to stream to the TV & never bothered looking at it for PC
It's been a while since I used it though.
A quick google comes up with instructions on installing it on PC.

Corsair

its being recorded and broadcast/streamed at 25fps
So how does that tie in to the client? Need to limit stream rate to 25fps somehow? Or you think my chromecast ultra with nbn can't do 25fps?

I'm not sure how the fps side of things works...

Kilsin

I've always thought of Kodi as being something used to stream to the TV & never bothered looking at it for PC
It's been a while since I used it though.
A quick google comes up with instructions on installing it on PC.
Yeah, I had found the instructions thanks mate, I'm pretty tech-savvy with PCs (build my own) but just not sure if it's a benefit to me or not on PC, the more I look into it though the more I think it's just for TV's and Boxes to have more control over them.

Hopefully, it helps those of you out who use those devices :)

AuzDutchy

So how does that tie in to the client? Need to limit stream rate to 25fps somehow? Or you think my chromecast ultra with nbn can't do 25fps?

I'm not sure how the fps side of things works...
theres nothing you can do to fix it or make it look any better, when is recorded at 25fps it will only ever be played at 25fps

changing my TV refresh rate to 25hz HELPS a TINY bit but not much

its why it all looks crisp and great when everyone is standing still, but chops up as soon as anyone jogs a bit or the camera turns

scottmac

Suspended
theres nothing you can do to fix it or make it look any better, when is recorded at 25fps it will only ever be played at 25fps

changing my TV refresh rate to 25hz HELPS a TINY bit but not much

its why it all looks crisp and great when everyone is standing still, but chops up as soon as anyone jogs a bit or the camera turns
So how do we explain it not doing that on my 75" Sony?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred