• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paradise City

midfielder

Needs its own thread....

Also just so we can let the Football world know of what I understand is a fan driven name for the stadium regardless of what the naming rights may become... do we have the story of how it came about.

Two links first the youtube and second an imagine of the stadium

CCStadiumYVOC.jpg

Meerkat

I don’t want to say it in case it’s REALLY unpopular opinion.. but I’m not a fan ?

I hope it’s not a jinx for the whole season to be honest because it really felt that way when our “Paradise” became submerged at the hands of the weather Gods ?

midfielder

I don’t want to say it in case it’s REALLY unpopular opinion.. but I’m not a fan ?

I hope it’s not a jinx for the whole season to be honest because it really felt that way when our “Paradise” became submerged at the hands of the weather Gods ?
My understanding and I stand to be corrected ... so please correct if wrong.... but Paradise is the fans name for our stadium regardless of what name is given to it by future sponsors ... its something we can own and not for sale for any business ....

The song may or may not last but the name will and as of now the G & R song Paradise City is more popular than the Choir Boys .. Run to Paradise... and Coldplays ..Paradise.....

marinermick

Just did a quick YouTube search to see if there are any more upbeat versions of I won't back down and stumbled on this

"The Swamp" probably suits Gosford more than "Paradise City" ? ? :oops:

American College Football atmosphere is just nuts. The games exceed European football now that only the rich attend stadiums in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc.

style_cafe

My understanding and I stand to be corrected ... so please correct if wrong.... but Paradise is the fans name for our stadium regardless of what name is given to it by future sponsors ... its something we can own and not for sale for any business ....

The song may or may not last but the name will and as of now the G & R song Paradise City is more popular than the Choir Boys .. Run to Paradise... and Coldplays ..Paradise.....
GnR recorded version was a lot better than the above live version but i`d prefer Choirboys myself... :popcorn:

style_cafe

Until this thread I never realised Phil Collins was singing about a scummer.

Phil Collins actually bought that song from a publisher.It was written originally by a guy from Sadlier (near Liverpool NSW). Once Collins owner the song he reworked it into the hit it became... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred