• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Own ur own club

FFC Mariner

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

For the trifling sum of 35 quid, I have become a part owner of Ebbsfleet United, the worlds 1st community owned football club.

30,000 members, 122 countries, 1 football club.

26 April - MyFootballClub launches.

31 July - 53,000 register their names and email addresses on the website.

1 August - 250,000 is collected on the first day membership fees are accepted.

10 August - 500,000 is collected in 10 days and MyFootballClub has over 12,000 members.

August to November - Nine football clubs approach MyFootballClub, asking to be purchased.

13 November - A deal in principle is reached to buy Ebbsfleet United (EUFC), from the Blue Square Premier division.

12 February Members vote to accept Nikes offer to become the clubs kit and merchandise supplier.

21 February - MyFootballClub members vote to complete the purchase of EUFC for around 600,000. Over 21,000 members from 70 different countries own 75% of the club.

14 March Members elect seven members onto the My Football Club Society Limited Board.

15 March - EUFC reach Wembley for the first time in their history, beating Aldershot 4-2 over two legs in the FA Trophy Semi Final.

8 April Members vote to freeze season ticket prices at the club.

9 May - Members travel from over 20 countries to watch the Final, including Australia, America, Canada, Turkey, Croatia, Italy and Sweden.

10 May - EUFC lift the FA Trophy at Wembley after beating Torquay 1-0. Up to 5,000 overseas members watch an online feed provided by the FA and Sky, and over 26,000 Fleet fans at Wembley - old and new - witness the historic victory.

June/July Ebbsfleet United enjoy record season ticket sales for the 08/09 campaign.

9 June Members vote to set the weekly playing budget at 10,000.

August Members and supporters raise 20,000 among themselves to buy striker Michael Gash from Cambridge City.

I have just voted to accept a bid of 140k for one of their players. I have (you will be glad to know) not opted to partake in the team selection vote

Arabmariner

Hey Greenpole...my mate's a Filth supporter AND he follows Crawley in the Blue Square!!!

I should introduce you to him lol !!!

FFC Mariner

er no, they play on grass with a ball I think..........

Its a real club not a game

Not got Setanta :-(

Crawley is filth central in Sussex. One of those horrible new towns that got the scum overflow.

Bear

juvenis said:
well i didnt bother reading it all so i assumed it was a game

Maybe you should have bothered, it football history in the making. Id buy the mariners for $90 dollars ;)

FFC Mariner

The owners (us) have just voted on whether to accept a bid for one of the players.

We decided to take the money.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

The member appointed Football manager should be given freedom to select his bloody team.

Apart from that it sounds bloody cool.  A membership and setanta double would make for a great season's viewing but too pricy for me.

RADINHO

Greenpoleffc said:
The owners (us) have just voted on whether to accept a bid for one of the players.

how can i buy a share in a club?

it would be cool to have a share market Man U would be like Exxon and Leeds have dropped like Enron.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

RADINHO said:
Greenpoleffc said:

who can i buy a share in a club?

it would be call to have a share market Man U would be like Exxon and Leeds have dropped like Enron.

You're english is pretty good.
How long have you studied for? Where are you from originally? Chile?

RADINHO

Goldenboy said:
RADINHO said:
Greenpoleffc said:

who can i buy a share in a club?

it would be call to have a share market Man U would be like Exxon and Leeds have dropped like Enron.

You're english is pretty good.
How long have you studied for? Where are you from originally? Chile?

lolz im a rubbish typer

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I remember in a FIFA endorsed football management game. total manager or something, If you met certain financial criteria, stadium criteria, etc. you could sell 49% of the club on the stock market.
I did it with Newcastle United and the amount of money I got was so ridiculous that it ruined the game. It was like playing on god mode after that.

Before Mike Ashley came along there were Newcastle United plc. shares available on the share market. I'm sure there are many clubs out there publicly listed.
I don't know the sort of input shareholders get, probably nothing like Ebbsfleet United, but they do get dividends.

FFC Mariner

valentius borealis said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Crawley is filth central in Sussex. One of those horrible new towns that got the scum overflow.
It seems quite fitting that Kevin Musc**t was born there then.

And home to the Cure so it isnt all bad lol

Jesus

Jesus
Goldenboy said:
I remember in a FIFA endorsed football management game. total manager or something, If you met certain financial criteria, stadium criteria, etc. you could sell 49% of the club on the stock market.
I did it with Newcastle United and the amount of money I got was so ridiculous that it ruined the game. It was like playing on god mode after that.

Before Mike Ashley came along there were Newcastle United plc. shares available on the share market. I'm sure there are many clubs out there publicly listed.
I don't know the sort of input shareholders get, probably nothing like Ebbsfleet United, but they do get dividends.

Lots of footabll clubs are publicly listed companys i believe

FFC Mariner

They are but that is diminishing as clubs become the plaything of crazed billionaires, gun running mafia hoods (allegedly) and Sovereign funds (Man City).

Lets face it, these days, you cant be a billionaire and hold your head up unless you are prepared to spunk 100's of millions on a football club (or launder the proceeds of your crimes against the Russian people).

Bear

whats happening with the club the the moment greeny? its weird but im quite interested in this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred