• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Overseas attendances v Our attendances

Arabmariner

This site is interesting.I've often heard negative comments regarding attendances to Mariners games and Australian league games in general but it's surprising how well  attended our games are when comparing them to most European countries.

You can click on the individual countries in the column on the left of the page and find all the attendances for individual teams there.

Ignoring the big five Italy,Spain,France,England and Germany you'll find we are better attended than many famous clubs in well established leagues all over Europe.In particular countries in the old eastern bloc like Romania,Bulgaria and surprisingly Croatia.

Even our lowest crowd last year compares well with some of them.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Bear

wow, I didnt know Croatia failed so badly

Massive LOL to Wales, Ireland, and half of Scotland

Paolo

Average attendence of football leagues around the world. A-league coming in at number 13.

1. Bundesliga - 39 426
2. EPL - 36 076
3. La Liga - 29 124
4. Serie A - 23 180
5. J-League 1 - 21 840
6. Ligue 1 - 21 817
7. Eredivisie - 18 732
8. Bundesliga 2 - 18 140
9. Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A - 17 461
10. Primera Division Argentina - 17 363
11. Championship - 17 022
12. MLS - 16 770
13. A-League - 15 363

dibo

i see that we're really not far off anyone below about number 3 - i can see our long term averages steadying around the high teens / low twenties. if we could do that across a 10 or 12 team league, that's a big gross attendance: 20k x 12 teams x 3 rounds = 3.9 million across the season. that's quite a bit bigger than rugby league (3.3 million over 201 matches last season).

it's also 196 matches to be shown on TV - six a week for 33 weeks, not including finals (which is why there'll be a FTA deal - there's enough to go around, and there's enough to make a decent highlights package).

that's the sort of thing that gets sponsors really interested.

RADINHO

Bearinator said:
wow, I didnt know Croatia failed so badly

Massive LOL to Wales, Ireland, and half of Scotland

Eastern Europeans don't have their keen on for coming to the games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members