• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our discipline

northernspirit

Is it just me or are we getting more reds and yellows than the other teams? Is Lawrie handing out angry pills before kickoff or are we just farken fired up!  ;D

I hope we can improve in this area to avoid suspensions, we need our best XI on the pitch to claim the premiership, last night for example Hutch was already booked and was mouthing off he needed to calm down

heres our record this season

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_playerstats&seasonid=97&showdetailstatisticstype=9&clubid=2

Name  Team  Position  Yellow Cards  Red Cards 
1. Dean Heffernan  Central Coast Mariners FC  Left Full Back  5 0
2. Sasho Petrovski  Central Coast Mariners FC  Striker  4 1
3. John Hutchinson  Central Coast Mariners FC  Left Midfielder  4 0
4. Mile Jedinak  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder  3 1
5. Tony Vidmar  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender  2 2
6. Greg Owens  Central Coast Mariners FC  Attacking Midfielder  2 0
7. Nigel Boogaard  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender  2 0
8. Damien Brown  Central Coast Mariners FC  Left Midfielder  2 0
9. Andrew Clark  Central Coast Mariners FC  Right Full Back  2 0
10. Andre Gumprecht  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder  2 0
11. Adam Kwasnik  Central Coast Mariners FC  Right Midfielder  1 0
12. Paul O'Grady  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender  1 0
13. John Aloisi  Central Coast Mariners FC  Striker  1 0
14. Bradley Porter  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder  0 1

bikinigirl

. on the face of it it looks nasty

. i agree some of the guys do get a bit fired up (hutch, heff & sasho spring to mind immediately)

. but seriously have a look at the six we got last night (and i'm going from memory here):
  - clarky (got the ankle, fair enough)
  - heff (got the ball but looked bad)
  - hutch (can't really remember what it was for but tried the 'he has been playing butt pirate for 5 minutes' excuse which always goes down well)
  - viddy (for agreeing with hutch about the butt pirate thing, agree we shouldn't be giving away cards for this type of thing)
  - sasho (was clearly taken out but got in a step and a half before going down - may have looked like a dive but never regained balance after the hacking)
  - aloisi (c'mon he won the ball and should have been awarded a penalty)

. was thinking during the little shovefest how many teams would like to go up against the mariners behind the stands after the game (not that i would condone that sort of behaviour)

kevrenor

Greenpoleffc said:
Interestingly, Perth have the best disciplinary record
Ah, but not under Mitchell perhaps. Two red cards in Wellington last week.  Let us see what happens tonight when they are kicked by McFlynn.

Green had a good one (well it is relative to Williams and co) but late in the game he was giving us soft yellows. Still we have to keep our mouths shut and not get booked for dissent.  The yellows to Hutch, Aloisi, and Petrovski were definitely not.

bikinigirl

. i was thinking he was having a good game too, but the last 20 minutes i was reaching for my tin foil hat

. interesting that adelaide started to come back into the match as the refereeing started to decline (although they were fired up after their goal)

S

striker

northernspirit said:
Is it just me or are we getting more reds and yellows than the other teams?

Yep - but how easy is it to get a yellow card these days? 

Mariners area naturally a physical team and will get more yellows - there is very poor correlation between yellow cards and dirty tactics.

Ursus

Sasso's was not a dive and could have been a free kick to us. Looks like he has a bit of a rep with the refs. :'(
Aloisi's was caused by clumsiness on their keeper's part and was a laugh. At that stage the ref had lost all sense of proportion.

See you on the 22nd Striker?

Part_Timer

yeah the ref was handing out yellows like E on a knights away trip

extreamly soft cards i think ref was on a power trip because of the little push shove match beforehand from hutcho's challenge i think

~Floss~

Ursus said:
Sasso's was not a dive and could have been a free kick to us. Looks like he has a bit of a rep with the refs. :'(

Yeah, i felt sorry for sasho because i thought he was legitimately falling and couldn't help it. He was by no means begging for the kick. sometimes people do fall for reasons other than showing off for the ref.

Viddy's was a bit sus too, looked to me like it was for something that happened after hutch's little "handbags" session - so why weren't about 10 more cards handed out to others who got involved? Maybe he said something worse than anyone else, but we'll never know.

It's a good case for publicising the reasons for each of the cards; might draw people's attention to something they missed but the ref saw, instead of us just accusing him of being wrong.

Deej

our discipline

Looking at this it appears:

Hutcho is 1 card away from a 2 game ban
Sasho is 1 card away from a 2 game ban
Vidmar is a red card away from finishing his season
Boogs is 1 card away from a 1 game ban
and I'm sure they have it wrong about Jedi, he's had 1 red and 4 yellows hasn't he?

Either way, those top 2 concern me with 2 games to go!

brett

Hutch is a massive concern. Twice we've played without him and we've lost our spirit (and the game) both times.

Deej

brett said:
Hutch is a massive concern. Twice we've played without him and we've lost our spirit (and the game) both times.

we all know he likes to get stuck in, and we all know he hates Newcastle.........if he gets booked I can see it happening this weekend.

S

striker

are yellow cards scrapped at the end of regular season?

and if a players is serving suspension, does he continue right thru the play-offs?

Deej

striker #9 said:
are yellow cards scrapped at the end of regular season?

and if a players is serving suspension, does he continue right thru the play-offs?

Yeah everyone is back to 0 for the finals, 2 yellows = a 1 game ban.

I think suspensions do follow over into the finals thou, so if Hutch got his 7th yellow against Wellington he would miss our first 2 finals games (which if we come 3rd could be his season gone)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred