• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't see anything on this pitch tonight that we can't beat.

If we play Sydney, defence will be important. They can score from range - as long as our backs don't get caught out napping we should keep them out. Keeping a clean sheet will be very difficult though, but if we can keep them to one, that should be enough.

Unless Danny decides to put in another shift like he did on Wednesday night, in which case we'll be perfectly fine :D

Big Al

This was what I was wondering. Think I'd rather citeh as opposed to smurfs.
No lolley potentially for at least 1 game you think unless it’s a cork but didn’t look good and now maybe Bratton too depending on what happened there although probably just precautionary because they up so much

Rising Sun

Sydney on Friday or City on Sunday most likely, looking at ground availability.
It looks like 10 Bold are showing a FTA game on Saturday night throughout the finals - they have it in their schedules for next week. Can't see them agreeing to switch to another day and anyway nuts of the APL to pass up a Saturday night FTA slot.

Allianz has Rugby on Saturday; in Melbourne the NRL is on at AAMI and AFL at Marvel (and MCG).

Maybe one of the smaller stadiums in Melbourne has the availability, capacity and corporate / broadcast facilities to host a Saturday game; might be more feasible if $ity go through.

Failing that, Sydney will need to play at Leichhardt (Kogarah booked for NRL) on Saturday and stand by for the whingefest.

Stuartmcateer

Were the Sydney ‘injuries’ later in the game at 2/3/4 - 0?

Maybe was good acting to throw off their next opponent.
Brattan got crunched. Didn't look at all to be faking. His is probably less concerning for Sydney than lolley. Looks like a hammy for him which would be a big loss for them.

Huddo

Brattan got crunched. Didn't look at all to be faking. His is probably less concerning for Sydney than lolley. Looks like a hammy for him which would be a big loss for them.

I dunno. Sydney has multiple goal scoring threats, bratten was very good at keeping Nisbet quiet during our last meeting and removes a lot of defensive experience aswell.

Stuartmcateer

I dunno. Sydney has multiple goal scoring threats, bratten was very good at keeping Nisbet quiet during our last meeting and removes a lot of defensive experience aswell.
Lolley is the standout player for Sydney. Brattan will be a loss but the less concerning from a sky blue point of view is that it looked more like a knock than a hammy - probably more likely to recover or play with strapping and an injection.

Big Al

Lolley is the standout player for Sydney. Brattan will be a loss but the less concerning from a sky blue point of view is that it looked more like a knock than a hammy - probably more likely to recover or play with strapping and an injection.
Brattons was we are 4-0 up with no long left against 10 men. Just get him off no matter what.

Lolley grabbed his leg and the pulled up as soon as play started again. Unless he cramped it looks bad and i think he has history of it too

Ozhammer

Lolley had a similar injury during the last finals series iirc and that definitely impacted their campaign.

Him and possibly Brattan being out would be a big loss for them and changes the probabilities imho. Yes SFC have other players that can come in but a lot of their success in recent months has arguably come off the back of what those two players contribute.

Jerem

Brattons was we are 4-0 up with no long left against 10 men. Just get him off no matter what.

Lolley grabbed his leg and the pulled up as soon as play started again. Unless he cramped it looks bad and i think he has history of it too
Reaction in the tech zone was “f&:); not again”

Ads

Even through we broke the AAMI park curse this year.

If first leg is away there is no good solution for us for the first leg.

Away in Melb vs Sydney beaten is twice.

Maybe prefer Sydney now that maybe the 2 injuries will play on their minds a bit.

Very torn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred