• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

FFC Mariner

Scum play Nix on Friday - if they beat them then we can wrap the plate up against the divers. Whilst it would be sweet to win the plate on their turf - in the dying moments or not - I would much rather have the more pragmatic scenario of the plate in the trophy cabinet already and being able to rest anybody we wanted ahead of (hopefully) the AFC cup final on the following weekend.
Not mathematically certain - we would only be 3 points ahead (albeit with a better goal difference) with one game to play each

adz

Staff member
Anyone watching City v Perth?

City might get 8 at this rate lol

giphy.gif

Stuartmcateer

The new owner was at that game in Melb and he did not look pleased. I’d suggest a big clean out is on the way in the off season. Unfortunately for some of those young players that’s not ideal.
If you bought Perth and didn't think that this result was a possibility against a squad like city (on paper at least) then you didn't do due diligence.

Looking at the season I think some of the young players have done well - majekodunmi and Bennie have been good. Taggart is almost golden boot so he is probably safe. Williams seems to be a super sub still.

The guys like kamau, amini, koutrombous, beevers etc would be the ones on the chopping block.

turbo

If you bought Perth and didn't think that this result was a possibility against a squad like city (on paper at least) then you didn't do due diligence.
It hasn't looked like it was on the cards until the weekend. Yes massively outclassed but that kind of rout was not expected. They've leaked a lot of goals but shown plenty of fight especially at home. Perth have some good young talent, Taggart is as good a striker as any in the league and Williams would be handy on any bench as you've noted.

Really need a new core to steady the ship in CM and CB. Lachman has said he wants to stay but hasn't been playing like it for a while now. It doesn't help that the ownership wasnt sorted before the Jan window, they might have had a chance to salvage something from their season if it was.

Tevor

It hasn't looked like it was on the cards until the weekend. Yes massively outclassed but that kind of rout was not expected. They've leaked a lot of goals but shown plenty of fight especially at home. Perth have some good young talent, Taggart is as good a striker as any in the league and Williams would be handy on any bench as you've noted.

Really need a new core to steady the ship in CM and CB. Lachman has said he wants to stay but hasn't been playing like it for a while now. It doesn't help that the ownership wasnt sorted before the Jan window, they might have had a chance to salvage something from their season if it was.
Heard they are after Risdon and I can’t recall who else but looking for some older heads which is smart. Felt for them as you don’t like seeing young blokes get pumped like that.

Stuartmcateer

It hasn't looked like it was on the cards until the weekend. Yes massively outclassed but that kind of rout was not expected. They've leaked a lot of goals but shown plenty of fight especially at home.
City have scored 7 or more in 3 games this season. And Perth are already on holiday by the looks of a few of them the other night. While not "expected", city are a team that are capable of that sort of pasting.

On paper they have a squad capable of doing that to anyone in the bottom half. They have been wildly inconsistent this year but if they sneak into the 6 I don't think victory, the cow pats or the north smurfs will be excited to play them. Especially if they have 2 good wins on the way in.

turbo

City have scored 7 or more in 3 games this season. And Perth are already on holiday by the looks of a few of them the other night. While not "expected", city are a team that are capable of that sort of pasting.

On paper they have a squad capable of doing that to anyone in the bottom half. They have been wildly inconsistent this year but if they sneak into the 6 I don't think victory, the cow pats or the north smurfs will be excited to play them. Especially if they have 2 good wins on the way in.
I know City have that potential I was more talking about Perth. I didnt think they looked checked out until Sunday. Even then things were tolerable until they lost their minds and conceded 3 in 5 minutes. Had they copped one and settled things down, even a second later in the half wouldnt have had them down and out.

Wombat

I know City have that potential I was more talking about Perth. I didnt think they looked checked out until Sunday. Even then things were tolerable until they lost their minds and conceded 3 in 5 minutes. Had they copped one and settled things down, even a second later in the half wouldnt have had them down and out.

Perth's defence was catatonic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred