• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

Tevor

The good old Staj game plan came unstuck, Glory supporters in for heart palpitations watching their team shut up shop and defend a lead all season. That loss was on Sail, I actually don’t rate him that highly so not surprised. Baylis with little impact in his first run.

Meerkat

The good old Staj game plan came unstuck, Glory supporters in for heart palpitations watching their team shut up shop and defend a lead all season. That loss was on Sail, I actually don’t rate him that highly so not surprised. Baylis with little impact in his first run.
It really is a Staj tactic right?? I said the same to hubby. We thought our season was so good because we came from the spoon and absolutely we were winning games.. can’t take that away from him.. but we scored very few goals, just scored enough to sit back and defend them. Interesting this is still how he plays.

JoyfulPenguin

Didn't see too much to be worried about by Perth or scum. Hoffman at CB ?
Any coach who decides Jason Hoffman is an acceptable A-League level defender should be immediately sacked.

There are at least 30 blokes better than him in NPL competitions around the country.

How someone like Themba Muata-Marlow hasn't gotten a A-League contract over him I will never know.

Tevor

Love the footy is back and watched all the games to try and get a feel for our competitors and how the league will shape up this season. Fair to say some surprise results for round 1 which isn't all that surprising given new squads and rusty strikers.

My quick assessment
Reds - Not convinced as they had some luck and one of those games where everything went right. Clearly up for our game and their 20 year celebrations. Next few games will be interesting to see how they go and if they are pretenders or contenders.
Cows - Look better than last year (spooners so not that hard), looked very quick and good on the counter, see they are still frail in defense however got rid of their old slow defenders.
Brisvegas - Continuing their improvement, wouldn't take this side lightly however they can't rely on O'Shea to bail them out all the time so unless Waddingham fires they will struggle for goals.
Plastics - Haven't gelled yet and will be up there, McLaren is going to love Arslan this year. Still look to be a team of individuals and not play as a team which is pretty standard for them.
WUN - Gutsy win however not all that convincing, seems they were pumped for this one and will be interesting to see how they go. Team is quick and looks better now they got rid of players who didn't want to be there. Shout out to Heward-Belle for a very good performance.
Shitney - Aust Cup hang over? Didn't handle Popa's rough tactics very well. Will be in the mix at the end.
Vuck - Some interesting new players, Popa had them pumped but how long can they keep up that intensity which is typical of Popa's teams. Jury still out and if they get some momentum then may have a good season.
Drive Byes - Looked toothless in attack, not sure Hendrix is going to be the creator they are after. Compared to last year they no longer have an endless amount of experienced players on the bench which may hurt them this season. Started slow in attack last season but not sure Borrello will save them like last season.
Nix - Lucky to get a point, not sure the new Gaffa has a game plan and seemed to be a long ball team with just give it to Zawada and he'll do the rest. Will be hard to beat at home and will struggle to win on the road if they continue to play that negative. They were stoked with their point and the most boring game of the round however also the most heat effected.
Perf - Staj hasn't changed his playing style, should have won however snatched a draw with negative defend the lead play. Interesting team and clearly resembles one that just had an ownership change. Taggart looks fit and dangerous. Not sure they will compete at the pointy end.
Scum - Worst defence and keeper kept them in this game, have some quick new young players so looked fast on the counter and will score some goals however will need to with the amount they will concede. Will miss the Hyphenator massively and Hoffman isn't the answer.

Overall a round where Keepers were among the best players in every game, attacks still rusty and combinations being worked on. Get the feeling there will be a lot a high scoring matches this season like the last one.

Oli Sail with the clanger of the round closely followed by Brattan.

Ben10

Love the footy is back and watched all the games to try and get a feel for our competitors and how the league will shape up this season. Fair to say some surprise results for round 1 which isn't all that surprising given new squads and rusty strikers.

My quick assessment
Reds - Not convinced as they had some luck and one of those games where everything went right. Clearly up for our game and their 20 year celebrations. Next few games will be interesting to see how they go and if they are pretenders or contenders.
Cows - Look better than last year (spooners so not that hard), looked very quick and good on the counter, see they are still frail in defense however got rid of their old slow defenders.
Brisvegas - Continuing their improvement, wouldn't take this side lightly however they can't rely on O'Shea to bail them out all the time so unless Waddingham fires they will struggle for goals.
Plastics - Haven't gelled yet and will be up there, McLaren is going to love Arslan this year. Still look to be a team of individuals and not play as a team which is pretty standard for them.
WUN - Gutsy win however not all that convincing, seems they were pumped for this one and will be interesting to see how they go. Team is quick and looks better now they got rid of players who didn't want to be there. Shout out to Heward-Belle for a very good performance.
Shitney - Aust Cup hang over? Didn't handle Popa's rough tactics very well. Will be in the mix at the end.
Vuck - Some interesting new players, Popa had them pumped but how long can they keep up that intensity which is typical of Popa's teams. Jury still out and if they get some momentum then may have a good season.
Drive Byes - Looked toothless in attack, not sure Hendrix is going to be the creator they are after. Compared to last year they no longer have an endless amount of experienced players on the bench which may hurt them this season. Started slow in attack last season but not sure Borrello will save them like last season.
Nix - Lucky to get a point, not sure the new Gaffa has a game plan and seemed to be a long ball team with just give it to Zawada and he'll do the rest. Will be hard to beat at home and will struggle to win on the road if they continue to play that negative. They were stoked with their point and the most boring game of the round however also the most heat effected.
Perf - Staj hasn't changed his playing style, should have won however snatched a draw with negative defend the lead play. Interesting team and clearly resembles one that just had an ownership change. Taggart looks fit and dangerous. Not sure they will compete at the pointy end.
Scum - Worst defence and keeper kept them in this game, have some quick new young players so looked fast on the counter and will score some goals however will need to with the amount they will concede. Will miss the Hyphenator massively and Hoffman isn't the answer.

Overall a round where Keepers were among the best players in every game, attacks still rusty and combinations being worked on. Get the feeling there will be a lot a high scoring matches this season like the last one.

Oli Sail with the clanger of the round closely followed by Brattan.
Yeah nice, I actually thought WU did really well against City. Think they'll be in the mix and a dark horse to even win the premiership.

I don't rate Sydney so far, Vuck could've won that game by 4 or 5. Mak & Lolley both love to cut in which won't suit their new number 9 so I don't know if they're going to take off at all

Tevor

Yeah nice, I actually thought WU did really well against City. Think they'll be in the mix and a dark horse to even win the premiership.

I don't rate Sydney so far, Vuck could've won that game by 4 or 5. Mak & Lolley both love to cut in which won't suit their new number 9 so I don't know if they're going to take off at all
I think the hand ball against City was the most contentious call all weekend, I would have been dirty if it happened against us and was a real 50/50 call. Didn't feel that way for long when I remembered it was City and how much they generally get away with things. At times I thought Vuck were playing rugby and got away with a lot of man handling. The goal by Machach I was a little surprised that wasn't a foul for charging, pretty sure you can't run through someone like that but it was a Shitney player so we will let it go as it was funny.

marinermick

Any coach who decides Jason Hoffman is an acceptable A-League level defender should be immediately sacked.

There are at least 30 blokes better than him in NPL competitions around the country.

How someone like Themba Muata-Marlow hasn't gotten a A-League contract over him I will never know.

Another thirty caps and he will break the all time Newcastle record including the NSL era.

I will be royally pissed if this happens because he will overtake the legend that is Andy Roberts.

Totally unworthy of such a record.

Stuartmcateer

Another thirty caps and he will break the all time Newcastle record including the NSL era.

I will be royally pissed if this happens because he will overtake the legend that is Andy Roberts.

Totally unworthy of such a record.
Lucky he had a stint in Melbourne or he would already be there ??‍♂️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred