• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Olyroos, Joeys and Young Socceroos

midfielder

Interestingly six Central coast players in the squad by far the most... Mustafa Amini , Oliver Bozanic, Sam Gallagher, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Mathew Ryan, Trent Sainsbury .....

Brisbane Roar have five players.... Gold Coast have four players.. .... the top three teams last season have the best juniors ... meaning 14 players in the squad come from 3 teams..

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=39488

Qantas Olyroos Head Coach Aurelio Vidmar and Qantas Young Socceroos Head Coach Jan Versleijen today announced a joint 31-player squad that will go into a training camp at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra from the 11th to 16th April 2011.

The majority of this squad is drawn from the locally-based Hyundai A-League and National Youth League player ranks with two players from the Victorian Premier League and Hertha Berlin’s Ante Drazina as the only overseas based player in the squad.

This is the first of a series of training camps for Australian based players to prepare for the upcoming 2012 London Olympic Games Asian Qualifiers and FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011. The Qantas Olyroos will face Yemen in the second round of the 2012 London Olympic Games Asian Qualifiers on the 19th and 23rd June 2011 with the venues to be confirmed at a later date. The Qantas Young Socceroos will compete at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 which commences on the 29th July with the final to be played on the 20th August.

Aurelio Vidmar is eager to work with this group of players now that the Qantas Olyroos opponent for their first stage in qualifiers is known.

“It’s great to get the players back together for the first time since September last year.

“This is the first of three vital camps for us to assess the status of all players and most importantly gauge their fitness levels since the conclusion of the Hyundai A-league season.

“We now know that we have a very challenging tie against Yemen in June and based on the information that we have gathered about our opposition we need to work on our own game plan accordingly.

Jan Versleijen is equally keen to get as much quality training time with his players with the start of the FIFA U-20 World Cup less than four months away.

“It’s important that we use all the possible time we have together positively to prepare for the upcoming tournament.

“The fact that the majority of players are out of season makes our task that little bit more difficult

“As per the competition regulations, we have to submit a preliminary list of 30 players in the next couple of months, so it’s up to the players to use this opportunity to prove that they should be in the final squad.

FFA Technical Director Han Berger believes that camps such as these are paramount to the success of our youth national teams.

“With the Hyundai A-League and National Youth League in recess, it is important that these players stay fit and sharp in the lead up to these very important competitions.

“We all also use this opportunity to have the players face each other competitively.

“In a similar vein to the recent camp we held in Europe, we have invited some players into this camp to identify talent and it will be up to the players to prove themselves against their peers.

Qantas Olyroos and Qantas Young Socceroos – Combined Squad List
AIS Camp – 11 to 16 April 2011

Name Club Date of Birth

Matthew Acton (gk) - Brisbane Roar 3/6/1992
Mustafa Amini - Central Coast Mariners 20/4/1993
Terry Antonis - Sydney FC 15/11/1993
Eli Babalj - Melbourne Heart 21/2/1992
Jake Barker-Daish - Gold Coast United 7/5/1993
Aziz Behich - Melbourne Heart 16/12/1990
Mark Birighitti (gk) - Adelaide United 17/4/1991
Brian Bran - Oakleigh Cannons (VPL) 2/3/1991
Oliver Bozanic - Central Coast Mariners 8/1/1989
Daniel Bowles - Brisbane Roar 19/10/1991
Ante Drazina - Hertha Berlin, Germany 23/2/1992
Mate Dugandzic - Melbourne Heart 22/10/1989
Sam Gallagher - Central Coast Mariners 5/5/1991
Jason Geria - AIS 10/5/1993
Curtis Good - Melbourne Heart 23/3/1993
Ben Halloran - Gold Coast United 14/6/1992
Brendan Hamill - Melbourne Heart 18/9/1992
Jack Hingert - Dandenong Thunder (VPL) 26/9/1990
Jason Hoffman - Melbourne Heart 28/1/1989
Bernie Ibini-Isei - Central Coast Mariners 12/9/1992
Marko Jesic - Newcastle Jets 7/8/1989
Gol Gol Mebrahtu - Gold Coast United 28/8/1990
Tahj Minniecon - Gold Coast United 13/2/1989
Mitch Nichols - Brisbane Roar 5/1/1989
Mirjan Pavlovic - Wellington Phoenix 21/4/1989
Andrew Redmayne (gk) - Brisbane Roar 13/1/1989
Mathew Ryan (gk) - Central Coast Mariners 8/4/1992
Trent Sainsbury - Central Coast Mariners 5/1/1992
Kliment Taseski - Melbourne Heart 27/5/1991
James Virgili - Newcastle Jets 8/7/1992
Rocco Visconte - Brisbane Roar 22/4/1990

Note:
To be eligible for the upcoming 2012 London Olympic Games players must be born on or after 1/1/1989, whilst to be eligible for the FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 players must be born on or after 1/1/1991.

midfielder

Nice article on the Roar... http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/04/13/berger-lays-out-the-pathway-to-the-roos-11-2/

Wee-mac

Some of those players all in one team is starting to wet the appetite for 5 years down the track when they are the first team.

pjennings

Don't forget Olly playing this afternoon

Japan vs Australa 5:20pm this afternoon on FOX Sports 1 :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

elevated position

Some of those players all in one team is starting to wet the appetite for 5 years down the track when they are the first team.
I'm looking forward to the A League this season mainly to see the development of these kids and how they step up. exciting times for the mariners

style_cafe

Interestingly six Central coast players in the squad by far the most... Mustafa Amini , Oliver Bozanic, Sam Gallagher, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Mathew Ryan, Trent Sainsbury .....

Brisbane Roar have five players.... Gold Coast have four players.. .... the top three teams last season have the best juniors ... meaning 14 players in the squad come from 3 teams..

Thanks for the update... :goodpost:

Just one little correction...Melbourne Heart have 7 players going by that list.Still a fantstic effort by our guys though... :eek:verhead:

cbowden9000

Ollie played as a CDM and was captain. Fantastic performance from him offensively, but could certainly improve offensively and tired a lot in the 2nd half.

midfielder

Bluetounge & Newcastle to host Yemen

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1059681/Olyroos-to-host-Yemen-twice

elevated position

Maybe a few absconders like the Iraqi team that played at Bluetongue.

Would Kofi Danning fit our (CCM) team as he is not on contract or would he be a hinderence to Bernie's developement.

midfielder

Maybe a few absconders like the Iraqi team that played at Bluetongue.

Would Kofi Danning fit our (CCM) team as he is not on contract or would he be a hinderence to Bernie's developement.

He is going to the Roar ... IMO maybe the biggest single f**k Up by SFC in over a year ...

kevrenor

Ok today is Olympic qualifier day on the Coast!

The Australian U23 - Olyroos - take on Yemen at Bluetongue Stadium today (kick-off 3pm) in an Olympic Games qualifier!

Mariners midfielder Oliver Bozanic (c) will be captain of the team, with Mustafa Amini and Sam Gallagher part of the squad too!

Remember, if you're a Mariners Member from last season all you need to do is show your card at the gate for FREE entry
The sun is shining, so be there! :eek:verhead::eek:verhead:

kevrenor

Australia 3 (Hoffman 14', 90'+2, Nicholls 67') defeated Yemen 0

Australia launched their London Olympic football qualifying campaign with a dominating 3-0 win over Yemen in the first leg at Gosford today.

Striker Jason Hoffman scored twice and midfielder Mitch Nichols got the other to hand Australia a comfortable buffer to take into the second leg in Newcastle on Thursday.

Yemen's home leg qualifier was shifted to Australia due to the security situation in Yemen

Hoffman headed home a Sebastian Ryall cross in the 14th minute in a period where Australia had nine attempts on goal before Yemen's first shot was saved by goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne on the half hour.

Australia continued to press in the second half before Nichols added his team's second goal in the 67th minute with a close-range shot from a Hoffman cross.

Hoffman rounded off the scoring with his second goal and the home team's third in stoppage time.

Atomic

Good afternoon for watching football. A very enjoyable game. Olyroos never were tested imo, but did show plenty of slick work in attack and defence. There were dull moments when we lost concerntration, but all in all, I thought we did very well.

The toughest part of being a spectator for me was not knowing who all of the players were. A program would've been helpful.

No. 5, the left back (Behich???), had a storming 2nd half and set up Hoffman's 2nd goal. I also thought Jurman and (as much as I can't stand the prick) Nichols played well.

I tend to think that DM is a bit of a waste of Ollie's attacking talents, but I'm certainly no expert.

The biggest cheer of the day was reserved for when Musti was subbed on (about the 75th minute???), right from the moment he took his flouro trainging top off until he ran onto the field.

yellowcake

See what happens when you don't have a replay to see - I thought Danning had poked home a rebound for the 3rd :facepalm:

Great crowd excitement when Musti was coming on around the 71st - and he turned around the clap the fans clapping him. Becoming a class act all round. Didn't really do a lot though.

Ollie was all class throughout.

Edit just to say - was typing while you were posting!

style_cafe

It was good to be back at Bluetongue..albeit on the western side.

It`s amazing how little atmosphere the place had without the YA behind the goals...it makes me appreciate them more now.

The game itself wasn`t that great a spectacle & a program(as noted previously) would definitely have been an advantage.

Ollie looked all class but was definitely wasted at DM
Musti never really got involed & didn`t look like the player we know he is.
Hoffman looks to be a good prospect & stood out up front
Jurman & Jesic were strong at the back & always in command
Redmayne had little to do.
Behich had a great second half,very strong in attack.
Nichols was dominant but needed players to run off him.

On the walk from the carpark I ran into a guy wearing a Roar shirt. We had a chat walking to the ground & it turned out that he was Matt McKay`s FIL. Nichols had arranged tickets for him & whilst queing to buy a ticket he came up & gave me a free one,thus proving that all Roar supporters aren`t bastards after all.

Muppet

Good afternoon for watching football. A very enjoyable game. Olyroos never were tested imo, but did show plenty of slick work in attack and defence. There were dull moments when we lost concerntration, but all in all, I thought we did very well.

The toughest part of being a spectator for me was not knowing who all of the players were. A program would've been helpful.

No. 5, the left back (Behich???), had a storming 2nd half and set up Hoffman's 2nd goal. I also thought Jurman and (as much as I can't stand the prick) Nichols played well.

I tend to think that DM is a bit of a waste of Ollie's attacking talents, but I'm certainly no expert.

The biggest cheer of the day was reserved for when Musti was subbed on (about the 75th minute???), right from the moment he took his flouro trainging top off until he ran onto the field.

Tend to agree. I cant believe that they only had the crowd figure at 2500. There was easily 6500 there by my reckoning. I don't think DM is Ollie's best position and I love the cheer Musti got when he came on. Nichols definitely played well as did Ryall, Mooy and Jesic. I got a little frustrated with the game at times. They would get all the way to the goal line only to pass it back to halfway and start again. I would have thought they would have turned it into the box a bit more.

Kudo's to the Mariners boys for turning up and sitting in amongst the general punters. McBreen, Rose, Weemac, Matty, Pat, Rostyn and Trent were all there cheering on Olly, Musty and the rest of the lads. Great to see. Also wonderful to see Holger Osiek in attendance watching the game. It would never have happened in Pim's day. I am liking this guy more and more. He was quite happy to talk to anyone who approached and seems a genuinely nice guy.

giggsy

See what happens when you don't have a replay to see - I thought Danning had poked home a rebound for the 3rd :facepalm:

Great crowd excitement when Musti was coming on around the 71st - and he turned around the clap the fans clapping him. Becoming a class act all round. Didn't really do a lot though.

Ollie was all class throughout.

Edit just to say - was typing while you were posting!

giggsy

Yellowcake says it all....Musti got a rowsing reception but didn't do much....Ollie was all class.
Must be the hair!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred