• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Olympic Draw

skilbeck

Group A
Argentina
[glow=green,2,300]Australia[/glow]
Cote D'Ivoire
Serbia

Group B
Japan
Netherlands
Nigeria
United States

Group C
Belgium
Brazil
China
New Zealand

Group D
Cameroon
Honduras
Italy
South Korea

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23571982-2883,00.html

Auburn Mariner

You are fair dinkum kidding me!!

The Argies, Ivory Coast and the Serbs?? Gimme a break, this is seriously tough. Groups A & B are brutal, if we get through, it will have been well-earned.

northernspirit

a and b are definately killer groups
it seems every tournament australia participates in we get a hard group
i.e, wc06, wcq 2010, asian cup, womens wc now olympics... hopefully we get a good group if we make south africa

Omni

Yea, but without Vukovic they'd struggle to beat anyone - that Serbia game will be an interesting one. To be honest I don't think there's any easy groups in there Australia would have a tough time qualifying from any group.

midfielder

northernspirit said:
i.e, wc06, wcq 2010, asian cup, womens wc now olympics... hopefully we get a good group if we make south africa

You said it .......... F .......... what a group

Jesus

Jesus
midfielder said:
northernspirit said:

You said it .......... F .......... what a group

The group has nothing on one of the euro groups.

France, Italy, Holland and romania if i remember correctly. That will be an absolute cracker of a group

Bear

Quote from a story on 442 website....

"Argentina already announced Riquelme and Mascherano will be there and the Ivory Coast have said Didier Drogba and Toure as their over-aged players"

Fark

graaant

Insanity, this is going to be tough!
Don't forget Messi in that squad and whoever their 3rd over-aged player is.. :(
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a defender, Zanetti perhaps?

skilbeck

We should be using overrage players IMO. If Danny is out we should use Schwarzer, we should use Cahill if he is fit as well as Kennedy or MacDonald. If Argentina are throwing their big guns in so should we.

graaant

I don't see a whole lot of need for Schwarzer when there is Federichi or Bouzanis, give the young guys a go, if they're unfit or don't want to play (for some unknown reason) THEN and only then should Schwarzer be called in.

I agree we need overage players, I'd like to see Kennedy next to Djite (assuming he's fit).
Cahill in midfield would be nice, but I'd prefer to see Kewell or Grella.

Oh Arnold, you have choices to make..

Jesus

Jesus
Wasted in keeper i think. We need another keeper to have some game time.
Overage players for me should be mids/def/strikers.

Jesus

Jesus
skilbeck said:
As a matter of interest, are fox sports going to show these Olympics games or not?

Presumably they would have to negotiate with 7? I presume 7 have the games again?

skilbeck

Thats going to be f**ked if seven have exclusive rights to everything including the football, because football will not get preference over swimming or athletics if that is the case.

marinermick

skilbeck said:
Thats going to be f**ked if seven have exclusive rights to everything including the football, because football will not get preference over swimming or athletics if that is the case.

never does

last games seven farmed off the socceroo matches to sbs so we were able to watch every game

dibo

skilbeck said:

it did last time - i remember watching games live from athens in 2004, including the quarter final that we lost to iraq.

skilbeck

dibo said:
skilbeck said:

it did last time - i remember watching games live from athens in 2004, including the quarter final that we lost to iraq.

But ill be interested in all the games. Not just the ones Australia play in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred