• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Offsider back... onside?

When should Offsider's suspension be lifted?

• NOW!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Never

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Give it another week

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Other - comment in thread

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adz

Staff member
As we all know, Offsider has been "banned" - since changed to "suspended" - from the forum for not being able to play nicely with others.

4934390.jpg

After numerous complaints, seeing first hand the abuse dished out and ensuing carrying on, I didn't realise Offy had so many supporters too.

So as a one-off, I'm opening up a vote on when to let Offsider back out of the stands and posting again!

Keep in mind it was just Christmas and he has probably been on a solid bender on the Aldi cask wine for a good week, and may need to blow up a bit about recent results, being banned, the goal posts, everything else, and being banned.

Also he might not even come back?

Anyway... vote away, and discuss reasons in the thread.

Antlion

There's nothing stopping him from coming back under a different name anyway.

His input was often good but he genuinely couldn't recognise when he was being antagonistic without provocation, which was very often. Then would become a victim whenever someone called him on it or returned fire.

I'm in the I don't care camp.

JoyfulPenguin

A couple more days for me, he's a terrific supporter of the club and clearly passionate. But he has just got to realise that you can't just go around abusing everyone or you will drive people away.

TedShot

Ayeeee the #bringbackoffy movement is gaining momentum.

Now to hope for the same with the Mulvey and co movement!

Big Al

How about when we win he can come back?

Another week for me. I just skip 90% of his stuff but the problem for me is when everyone keeps biting back. You know he is doing it for a stir and people think they can change him. Won’t happen.

I was extremely surprised to see support for him. But that’s today’s society can’t put anyone in the naughty corner.

Reactions: adz

MagpieMariner

I don't mind when he comes back if he wants to. If I find what he's saying is unacceptable for me, I'll just ignore him.

greenlig

I was extremely surprised to see support for him. But that’s today’s society can’t put anyone in the naughty corner.

Isn’t that what happened with the ban? He’s a cantankerous old boy, but not (yet) toxic. Happy to have divergent opinions, even roughly hewn ones, as long as there are repurcussions for shitty behaviour. If Offy gets worse, always options for Adz to swing the hammer. Uncouth fans are still part of the tribe.

Not really fussed either way, but don’t think there’s a strong argument to lock him out permanently...(yet).

Big Al

Isn’t that what happened with the ban?
Yeah then there was people upset about that. That surprised me but was like society in that discipline is now frowned on. He was warned and like kids of today he looked at his parents and said I’m still going to do it. He actually saw some follow through. I liked that.

Ozhammer

As we all know, Offsider has been "banned" - since changed to "suspended" - from the forum for not being able to play nicely with others.
4934390.jpg

After numerous complaints, seeing first hand the abuse dished out and ensuing carrying on, I didn't realise Offy had so many supporters too.

So as a one-off, I'm opening up a vote on when to let Offsider back out of the stands and posting again!

Keep in mind it was just Christmas and he has probably been on a solid bender on the Aldi cask wine for a good week, and may need to blow up a bit about recent results, being banned, the goal posts, everything else, and being banned.

Also he might not even come back?

Anyway... vote away, and discuss reasons in the thread.

You do a great job or running this forum Adz and I have no issues with someone being banned if their behaviour oversteps the line.

Hopefully Offy can continue to contribute his sometimes unique perspective to our discussions and I actually thought that his more recent posts were amongst his most cohesive and (in some cases) positive, so I would personally like to see him return to the fold sooner rather than later.

We can each share differing viewpoints provided we each respect each others opinions, even when we disagree with them.

Insertnamehere

You do a great job or running this forum Adz and I have no issues with someone being banned if their behaviour oversteps the line.

Hopefully Offy can continue to contribute his sometimes unique perspective to our discussions and I actually thought that his more recent posts were amongst his most cohesive and (in some cases) positive, so I would personally like to see him return to the fold sooner rather than later.

We can each share differing viewpoints provided we each respect each others opinions, even when we disagree with them.
Key word... R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Anyone sign that song in their head and shake their ass like a 60s African American woman? Oh that's just me after a few 6%ers

style_cafe

What`s the Offsider situation currently?
I thought he went from banned to suspended but it`s been a long time and no-one has mentioned him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred