• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Official Statement from the Marinators Club

Auburn Mariner

Good morning all,

I am authorised to make the following official statement by the Executive of the Marinators Club:

1. The Marinators Club does not condone, IN ANY WAY, the actions of the persons who illegally entered the playing arena immediately after the finish of last night's game.

2. The Marinators Club represents our Club members only, not all of the Central Coast Mariners supporters.

3. Tribute must be paid to our lads and the Sydney FC players who turned on what surely must be the greatest game of club football in Australian history, in front of a Football-record crowd of 17514 fans. It was a privilege to be at Bluetongue Stadium last night.

If you have any comments on this matter, please direct them to me, as the spokesperson for this issue.

We trust that you all got home safely. Have a terrific festive season.

David Redden
President
Marinators Club
23.12.2007, 12.06am
E: president@marinators.net

serious14

Faces can be identified clear as day on the Fox Sports coverage.  I did not recognise a single face.

I strongly second David's condemnation of what happened after the match.

serious14

Ironically, it was during Wilko's post match interview...... strangely enough, it came across as "happy" coverage, you know??    Kids jumping around and being happy, but this was before the black shirted metal-heads made it onto the pitch, so I'm not sure if that got caught on camera or not.

Andy

CommandoUltra said:
Nice ploy to distract the "firms" trolling the forums Presidente. The planned invasion was a success I see.

Nice plan to act like a f*cking idiot.

You've succeeded.

skilbeck

CommandoUltra said:
Nice ploy to distract the "firms" trolling the forums Presidente. The planned invasion was a success I see.

Play WoW theres a race on there called the trolls u would really be at home there

Tassiemariner

Fox decided to zoom in on these hoons. every single one of the were drunk as anything and only about 5 were in mariners merchandise. clearly there for a pisser.

awayday

Foriegnmariner said:
Fox decided to zoom in on these hoons. every single one of the were drunk as anything and only about 5 were in mariners merchandise. clearly there for a pisser.

marinator casuals running a muck. respect.

tyson

yeh it wasnt until the cronulla riots kids with their southern cross tattoos and old english text tattoos entered the pitch and started attempting to assault security guards that a real problem was caused.

it began as a friendly gesture towards the players who put on a great performance, until fools decided to break the sponsor boards and pull the net down.

still refuse to confirm with such stupidity though. pack mentality.

grecquemariner

It seems like a doubble edged sword really. Either your popular and have heaps of fans, a great crowd and lots of money but on the down side you have to put up with Ultra f**kwits or you remain a small club with less money and people and keep it honest. Seriously i have been here since V1 and have never seen such behaviour, The marinators have a great reputation as being mild mannerd plesant supporters as do the general mariners fans. Why Ruin it. If you want the old NSL back put your hand up so i can kick you in the balls.

CCM-JAM80

An appropriate release from The Marinators albeit something we all wish was not needed.

Central Coast Mariner (and football fans in general), it is best you ignore those who join a forum such as this to "fish for a bite" from fans. If you ignore, they will take their fishing rod and look up stream where others may be biting.

Just keep that in mind ;)

Roy Law

I would like to suggest that responsibly minded Marinators spread the message in the crowd in the Bay that pitch invasion is unacceptable behavior, perhaps you could print flyers and hand them out to youngsters in the crowd? Many of those invaders (not quite what I recall as a real pitch invasion) were kids just following a crowd. They need educating. And dob in  the trouble makers if they persist. I know they were not Marinators as such but I think the club's fans have to take action to prevent it happening again.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Having teenagers who sit in bay 15, the response was that some "older guys" 17,18yrs started the run on the field.  They were not regulars and they had black shirts on.  Some of the kids in that area were also pushed onto the field by the mob. 

Flyers not on end up on ground and I'm sure most of those who walked to the inner row of advertising know that.  We can't be responsible for 5,000 fans who make independent decisions and choose to disregard the rules.

I too found it very difficult to keep my emotions at bay last night.  I had to watch one bad decision after another, I had to wittness my team members (who I see as family) deliberately maimed by sydney scum and injured badly.  Just as the christians were sent to the lions and eaten so to were my family (players) under the scam of referee breeze.

bikinigirl

. importantly (and I am not trying to divert any responsibility from anybody involved) I do not recall the ground announcer stating rules regarding pitch invasion

. this has been done in the past

. i would have thought that considering the emotion of the night, the result and the sheer numbers in the crowd (including no doubt many newcomers) this was a major oversight

FFC Mariner

Oversight and Bluetongue security eh?? Not a phrase you hear a lot is it? :)

$5,500 fine isnt it, same as the cricket?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred