• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Nova Mariners - a new coach, new structure, new direction

Gratis

and possibly a new playing philosophy?

what thoughts on who to scout for? what style do we want to play?

for mine the 4 best recruitments of coaches have been:
Gombau, Postecoglou, Arnold, Popovic
(could argue Merrick's up there)

have to consider that youth development is guaranteed to be a part of the philosophy so someone who is good at developing young talent. the other areas flagged by the club have been 'exciting and attacking football getting bums on seats'

is our link with Everton likely to come into this? Storrie's contacts will surely be a factor.

VicMariner

'exciting and attacking football getting bums on seats'
^ This for a start.
A coach who can make the most of what we have and adapt the style to suit the players would be good too.

The thing is we need to sign a couple more decent players any coach is up against it with the squad we have now.

VicMariner

Remember Auckland City over achieving for a semi pro team at the CWC?
Poaching their coach Ramon Tribulietx might be worth a shot?
A-League would be a step up for him so he might come on a reasonable salary.
Better than recycling former HAL coaches imo.

ballantyne

I don't want a former HAL coach.
I want the players to have technical skills. Caceres' ball skills should be the minimum standard.
I want corners to be worth having because the kicker can move the ball in the air.
I want a penalty kick success rate over 90%. Shit 80% would be nice.
I want two-footed players and pace in the midfield. I'd like us to be pinged for offside once in a while.
I want a goalie with quick accurate distribution.
I want the players properly fit instead of relying on matchday for exercise as they do now.
I want centrebacks who contribute goals from set pieces.

Gratis

to be honest I'm quite happy not committing to a coach for a while yet, even until seasons end.

I'd much rather that time put into searching and researching, talking to potentials and planning.

ideally we'll make a signing end of season or very early preseason for maximum prep. time

I'd also like a coach with a clear playing philosophy that he knows how to execute. with that I want MC to be prepared to spend a little on players to meet that and for the coach to keep the core but sieve off the chaff, recruiting to suit his plan. all as per the Gombau/Ange scenarios but not necessarily the same playing philosophy

thinking it's quite possible we'll end up with coach via england yet so curious as to what the philosophy might pop prove to be.
neither Papas nor Mulvey excite me as options but who knows - either could surprise

Wombat

I rate Mulvey highly and think he was poorly treated. Remember his side won 4.0 just before he got the arse.
Maybe he got a little arrogant after winning the League so easily?

style_cafe

I don't want a former HAL coach.
I want the players to have technical skills. Caceres' ball skills should be the minimum standard.
I want corners to be worth having because the kicker can move the ball in the air.
I want a penalty kick success rate over 90%. Shit 80% would be nice.
I want two-footed players and pace in the midfield. I'd like us to be pinged for offside once in a while.
I want a goalie with quick accurate distribution.
I want the players properly fit instead of relying on matchday for exercise as they do now.
I want centrebacks who contribute goals from set pieces.

You want the Mariners 2013 again...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred